Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

G Mcpherson

Reaction score
I thought it looked nose high until I measured. The Pic in the Driveway is the slope. When I do the Rear it will be a little higher in the Back. Going with the Dual Rate Coils.

oledirteh

Reaction score
Installed air bags over the weekend with the compressor and wireless setup. the check valve was cracked either from the factory or i did it when i tightened. i don't know so have to order/get it replaced. removed that and filled it off the bumper valve and i apparently have a slow leak somewhere. will trace it out once i get the check valve back in.

whitexc

Reaction score
Installed air bags over the weekend with the compressor and wireless setup. the check valve was cracked either from the factory or i did it when i tightened. i don't know so have to order/get it replaced. removed that and filled it off the bumper valve and i apparently have a slow leak somewhere. will trace it out once i get the check valve back in.

Bummer on the leaks. What bag setup?

What are the lines? Poly with push lock fittings?

Sent from me

oledirteh

Reaction score
Bummer on the leaks. What bag setup?

What are the lines? Poly with push lock fittings?

Sent from me

i pretty much know what i did wrong. i was lazy and used cutters to cut the line rather then a good blade. so they are likly squished rather then round. once i get the check valve ill verify each connection. the one that will suck is the one that goes into the bags as my fingers may be too fat to get in there lol. but thats thankfully just 2 bolts to undo per side. its a very slow leak so i can put 10 lbs in and in like 12 hours its down to say 5lbs.

i can fix it but its a monsoon for the next 3 days so ill likly get to it this weekend when its nice out.

NHOverland

Reaction score
Have you ever had success with the recovery mats? I find they are a good idea with minimal results
I have been fortunate enough the have never used them on my truck, but I have used them several times the recover other vehicles with good success. I will say though, the lower amount of tread on the tire lowers how effective the boards can be.

Crashresq21

Reaction score
Finally caught a weather break and started the Auxbeam install with some of the accessories. Strobes n More TruDual LED bar, loomed wires. Drilling into a new 90k truck was a unnerving experience

Apparently also found my dealer put a half ass undercoating/sealing wax job with overspray everywhere. Not thrilled but I'll clean it up gradually.

Next step is the rear loom I built and installing 4 KC Cyclone ground lights (dual zone), in Rambox Streamlight charger, and a Speedtech tailgate bar.

Stay tuned.

Attachments

• 20240401_192852.jpg
    20240401_192852.jpg
    676.7 KB · Views: 88
  • 20240401_174417.jpg
    20240401_174417.jpg
    652.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 20240401_174411.jpg
    20240401_174411.jpg
    928.4 KB · Views: 85
  • 20240326_163843.jpg
    20240326_163843.jpg
    347.9 KB · Views: 88

oledirteh

Reaction score
Finished the Air bag stuff last night. pulled every line and recut and replaced. flipped my compressor around and bolted it in more securely cause apparently maryland roads and self tappers dont mix. reran my air line for the filter to a better spot. discovered the bumper mounted air fill line was being harrased by my spare tire which was producing a large leak so had to look at it and go stop it. it stopped.

the app is cool, don't even need it on my phone. just added it to the radio i installed last week and I can monitor it when I'm not watching tv lol.

Next up, new brakes, possibly rotors cause might as well. gender fluid change, tcase fluid change, and at least rear diff fluid change.

For those that tow heavy, what other things can i do to make towing 13000 lbs better. mainly suspension and or just over all safety. i do fine but id like to make sure that not only the gf and dogs are living the best life, but i am as well.

bags 2.jpgbags 4.jpgbags 5.jpg

PGHChris81

Reaction score
Finished the Air bag stuff last night. pulled every line and recut and replaced. flipped my compressor around and bolted it in more securely cause apparently maryland roads and self tappers dont mix. reran my air line for the filter to a better spot. discovered the bumper mounted air fill line was being harrased by my spare tire which was producing a large leak so had to look at it and go stop it. it stopped.

the app is cool, don't even need it on my phone. just added it to the radio i installed last week and I can monitor it when I'm not watching tv lol.

Next up, new brakes, possibly rotors cause might as well. gender fluid change, tcase fluid change, and at least rear diff fluid change.

For those that tow heavy, what other things can i do to make towing 13000 lbs better. mainly suspension and or just over all safety. i do fine but id like to make sure that not only the gf and dogs are living the best life, but i am as well.

View attachment 71302View attachment 71303View attachment 71304
How did you get video to play on that bottom screen?

Users who are viewing this thread