Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Hitch from my 1500 wasn’t cutting so time for an upgrade.
View attachment 68271View attachment 68272
I like the compact-ness of the b&w. I drag my bulletproof monstrosity everywhere but I can open my tailgate all the way and still clear the tongue jack because of how far it sticks out. This is important with a decked system
What is the hitch rated for ? would you have to put locks on it ?
the pivot/stow part is captive, I believe. You would just need a lock on the hitch itself. Someone could steal the pins and make your balls dangly but you’d still have them.

Mikerob14

Reaction score
Decided to camouflage that not so shiny silver exhaust. Hit it with VHT header paint from autozone. Total cost was about $15 and about an hour of cleaner and wire brush work to clean off the existing residue. While I was there I took out the spare and hit the heat shield. Pretty happy with how it turned out so my next project is to hit the other side of the wheel well and coat that part of the exhaust as well.
IMG_8164.jpegIMG_8165.jpegIMG_8166.jpeg

Caleyvtwin

Reaction score
Well this isn’t how I planned on doing this but it’s done now. My son took it for homecoming and a girl cut him off. Thank goodness we didn’t not have to do any paint work. So I was able to get everything to upgrade the front end with pull eyes, fog lights with LED bulbs, front park sense, front camera for my 360 camera system, and night edition headlights with LED bulbs. It look much better from the front. Shout out to Jimmy07 for providing my harnesses and a ton of information.

*Edit* For some reason the before picture didn’t post first.

Attachments

• IMG_1173.jpeg
    IMG_1173.jpeg
    835.8 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_1156.jpeg
    IMG_1156.jpeg
    630.7 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0846.jpeg
    IMG_0846.jpeg
    454.6 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0847.jpeg
    IMG_0847.jpeg
    345.5 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0066.jpeg
    IMG_0066.jpeg
    389.2 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
How was the install? Thinking of going with the same. Were there any youtube videos or anything you followed? Thanks
it's easy peasy. it uses the stock outer mount and you replace the bracket with the supplied unit, on the axle side. the bracket installs onto the stabi body before attaching to axle. instructions are includes and are adequate for install.

woody284

Reaction score
Well this isn’t how I planned on doing this but it’s done now. My son took it for homecoming and a girl cut him off. Thank goodness we didn’t not have to do any paint work. So I was able to get everything to upgrade the front end with pull eyes, fog lights with LED bulbs, front park sense, front camera for my 360 camera system, and night edition headlights with LED bulbs. It look much better from the front. Shout out to Jimmy07 for providing my harnesses and a ton of information.

*Edit* For some reason the before picture didn’t post first.
IMG_0504.pngI changed my headlights out as well. I also changed the Chrome Ram in the center to black letters. I’d love to have black bumpers and grill but just the headlights tones the Chrome down a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread