Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

CdnHO

Reaction score
I also turned off "Passive Entry" in the radio. While a bit inconvenient in that you have to push the unlock button on the fob, it should prevent the truck from looking for the fob. This method is used in the "relay" technique by scumbags stealing trucks. One guy wakes up the truck by touching the door handle while the other guy is at your front door with a device that copies the fob code that is transmitted when touching the door handle. Then they use the fob clone to open the door and drive away with your truck. That is the short version of how it works. I do have Jimmy's system but this will also prevent them from entering the truck in the first place. Hopefully to go on to easier pickings. In addition I keep my fob in a Faraday bag. Society has gone to hell but they are NOT getting my truck.

NHOverland

Reaction score
I also turned off "Passive Entry" in the radio. While a bit inconvenient in that you have to push the unlock button on the fob, it should prevent the truck from looking for the fob. This method is used in the "relay" technique by scumbags stealing trucks. One guy wakes up the truck by touching the door handle while the other guy is at your front door with a device that copies the fob code that is transmitted when touching the door handle. Then they use the fob clone to open the door and drive away with your truck. That is the short version of how it works. I do have Jimmy's system but this will also prevent them from entering the truck in the first place. Hopefully to go on to easier pickings. In addition I keep my fob in a Faraday bag. Society has gone to hell but they are NOT getting my truck.
Great Ideas!

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Ok two people in two days have mentioned jimmys system. Link?

Grey

Reaction score
Calm after the wedding, so I got a few things done. Installed the BW stow n go hitch. Which by the way this model doesn't interfere with backup sensors. My other hitch the sensors detect it and steady tone. Got the radar detector wired in. Bonus since these trucks have power onboard I plugged my fluke meter battery in, truck is on battery charges. Great meter but notorious for the battery dead when you pull it out to use. Running boards getting fitted this coming week.

Attachments

• IMG_4264.jpeg
    IMG_4264.jpeg
    572.8 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_4265.jpeg
    IMG_4265.jpeg
    484.7 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_4266.jpeg
    IMG_4266.jpeg
    394.8 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_4267.jpeg
    IMG_4267.jpeg
    540.8 KB · Views: 104

wrvond

Reaction score
Seems pretty dumb that in my Laramie there is no lower glovebox light. The plug for power is there and clipped into the blanking plate. Fixed with a $8 Amazon part and less than a minute of my time.

View attachment 46330

I ordered the light and went out expecting an easy install - no such luck. The blanking plug came out easily but no connector to be seen. Pulled the filler panel off the end of the dash but that didn't help any so had to struggle with the glove box that really didn't want to come out. Eventually I got it out but there is no power connector anywhere to be seen. Since I had the switch I put it in place of the blanking plate, but that's all I could do with it.

arx237

Reaction score
I ordered the light and went out expecting an easy install - no such luck. The blanking plug came out easily but no connector to be seen. Pulled the filler panel off the end of the dash but that didn't help any so had to struggle with the glove box that really didn't want to come out. Eventually I got it out but there is no power connector anywhere to be seen. Since I had the switch I put it in place of the blanking plate, but that's all I could do with it.
Maybe they ditched that in the '23. It was plugged into the back of the blanking plate if I remember right. Curious if you have the vsim wiring hanging out under the steering wheel too.

wrvond

Reaction score
Maybe they ditched that in the '23. It was plugged into the back of the blanking plate if I remember right. Curious if you have the vsim wiring hanging out under the steering wheel too.
I've got a bed light kit to install so will check for that while I'm under there.

blbrown

Reaction score
I've got a bed light kit to install so will check for that while I'm under there.
Good luck getting to the bsm connector to either splice or add a pin, its a real you know what to get to..

teufelraegun

Reaction score
Bulletpoint mount installed. Need to order different arms.

79841ba66c1c52fbfb74dcc603ad67c7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grey

Reaction score
Got the Power steps installed. They work well, bolting on the rails is easy made to fit. Bolt right up, the wiring on the other hand is a royal pain. But done and working well. 11 inches from bottom step to ground. My wife is SH ORTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

Attachments

• IMG_4275.jpeg
    IMG_4275.jpeg
    912.2 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_4276.jpeg
    IMG_4276.jpeg
    707.6 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_4277.jpeg
    IMG_4277.jpeg
    746.6 KB · Views: 112

Users who are viewing this thread