Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

popeye2002

Reaction score
I can hardly tell. When I first walked up I thought they might have only done the brow. The side windows and brow do make it seem dark looking in from front, but that would be no different if the windshield was not tinted. No problem for me last night. This is what blocking 30% of light looks like.
How far down does the Brow come? would it interfere with a dash cam mounted next to the rearview mirror?

Alligator John

Reaction score
How far down does the Brow come? would it interfere with a dash cam mounted next to the rearview mirror?
It is not straight across like my old Chevy stepside race truck had. They bowed it across.

Attachments

• 20230819_130503.jpg
    20230819_130503.jpg
    541 KB · Views: 46

Alligator John

Reaction score
And today's project was to do a very simple K.I.S.S. and very inexpensive switch install. Small round switches. Stepped drill bit for a 20mm hole. Liquid chalk marker. The trim cover over the transmission neutral release has a narrow open space behind it and all parts are plastic. I lined up the switch location on that gap. Picture shows testing the first one with a couple pigtails on it. I had a backup plan with the metal bezel that I did not use. One is for my light bar. One is for my ditch lights. And one available for some future project.

Attachments

• 20230819_130210.jpg
    20230819_130210.jpg
    621.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 20230819_124931.jpg
    20230819_124931.jpg
    639.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 20230819_125211.jpg
    20230819_125211.jpg
    375.9 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

southern_yank

Reaction score
Tires rotated this morning, and Amazon just dropped off some more wiring items. Looks like I'll be stringing up some new harnesses this afternoon!
2518386d2dd4bdc374dc973ac29acd52.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

SEABEE

Reaction score
Midlife crisis in progress. Power Wagons are timeless and so thankful they in 23 came out with something approaching OD green like we had In Battalion.
I personally think the 35’s make a big difference over the stock “33’s”.
I’m impressed with ravelco and would recommend to anyone.
The OEM running boards hang too low for my taste. Pleased with go rhinos.
Console vault ok , better than Ram version but could be sturdier with regards to mounting. Better than nothing if you’re carrying.
The backseat floorboard storage locks are obviously a tad much as you could easily cut through the bottom outside the vehicle but oh well more money than brains.
Long term, regrettably: AEV ( bumpers), AMP ( electric running boards ) and Procharger ( super charger) all told me their products for the 23’s are all in the development stage. Something to look forward to.

Attachments

• IMG_1563.jpeg
    IMG_1563.jpeg
    630.6 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1569.jpeg
    IMG_1569.jpeg
    875.3 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_1580.jpeg
    IMG_1580.jpeg
    704.8 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1581.jpeg
    IMG_1581.jpeg
    669 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1582.jpeg
    IMG_1582.jpeg
    822 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1583.jpeg
    IMG_1583.jpeg
    695 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1584.jpeg
    IMG_1584.jpeg
    674.1 KB · Views: 75

jsalbre

Reaction score
Midlife crisis in progress. Power Wagons are timeless and so thankful they in 23 came out with something approaching OD green like we had In Battalion.
Console vault ok , better than Ram version but could be sturdier with regards to mounting. Better than nothing if you’re carrying.
The backseat floorboard storage locks are obviously a tad much as you could easily cut through the bottom outside the vehicle but oh well more money than brains.
Long term, regrettably: AEV ( bumpers), AMP ( electric running boards ) and Procharger ( super charger) all told me their products for the 23’s are all in the development stage. Something to look forward to.

Anything that works on 22 also works on 23. Definitely no differences that would stop the bumpers and running boards from working.

SEABEE

Reaction score
Anything that works on 22 also works on 23. Definitely no differences that would stop the bumpers and running boards from working.
Thank you very much for the response as I will confess my complete and utter ignorance on these matters as this is the first truck I have considered/ been in a position to modify/ beef up / pimp out.
I was surprised by the feedback I received from dealers as I would not have thought many changes were made between 22-23.
RAM informed me they didn’t offer retractable running boards for 23 power wagons and to talk to AMP as they design them. AMP told me there are interference issues for reasons still unclear to me and they hope to have something out in 3-6 months.
AEV told me that I would have to swap out stock winch though they, too, hope to have a design mod out in 3-6 months that is compatible with stock winch.
Procharger was relatively confident as they have modified several 6.4 hemis over the years but stated that simply haven’t gotten their hands on many 23’s to beta test/ confirm functionality. They too said wait 3-6 months to be sure.
Long story long I guess COVID and supply chain issues are still being resolved.
Thank you again and please forgive my ignorance.

popeye2002

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the response as I will confess my complete and utter ignorance on these matters as this is the first truck I have considered/ been in a position to modify/ beef up / pimp out.
I was surprised by the feedback I received from dealers as I would not have thought many changes were made between 22-23.
RAM informed me they didn’t offer retractable running boards for 23 power wagons and to talk to AMP as they design them. AMP told me there are interference issues for reasons still unclear to me and they hope to have something out in 3-6 months.
AEV told me that I would have to swap out stock winch though they, too, hope to have a design mod out in 3-6 months that is compatible with stock winch.
Procharger was relatively confident as they have modified several 6.4 hemis over the years but stated that simply haven’t gotten their hands on many 23’s to beta test/ confirm functionality. They too said wait 3-6 months to be sure.
I had a similar struggle with AMP Research fitment but not the running boards. The side bedstep2 for dually is listed as only fitting 19-22 on the website and even when I called that was the reply I got. Then I called and asked for tech support and found out they have issues with what the website shows and what is reality.... bottom line I got the bedstep2 and if fit fine.

Alligator John

Reaction score
I do love the color. Of course I have the same. I get compliments on that olive green pearl and black everywhere I go. It was a last minute change from delmonico red. I am glad I changed it. I agree on the running boards, but I have a short wife so I am stuck with them on mine.

Mykwong

Reaction score
Sad day, signed over the title of my truck to the insurance company and said my goodbyes. Accident in May 2023 and they finally said it’s not worth it to fix it.
Over 52k. Put the stock wheels and tires back on. Knew there was a reason not to sell them right away. Good news though, DW said yes to ordering a new 3500 a few days earlier. So now the wait to get back in the saddle.

jsalbre

Reaction score

No Power Wagons have ever had power steps available. That said, the OEM power steps are an easy retrofit. There's a few posts on here about them. We also have a number of members who have installed AMP steps on a 23 with no issues, even though AMP keeps telling people they won't work.

What's drawing you to the AEV bumper? Most people that install that are running diesel trucks that can't fit a winch behind the stock bumper, but being as you have a Power Wagon that's obviously not a problem.

I can't say much about the Pro-charger. I'm not much of a fan of centrifugal superchargers. They build their power at higher RPMs that are way less useful in a truck. IMHO positive displacement is the way to go, though there aren't any kits that will work on the 22+ Rams yet (the computer hasn't been cracked).

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score

bustedgrills

Reaction score

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I used Amsoil Heavy Duty Metal Protector, definitely get a lot of salt here in Michigan, I just try not to drive the truck in the winter unless I absolutely have to.

I used the same last year. It’s almost time for a reapplication.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I have been using fluid film but with the massive increase in price the last couple of years im going to go to corrosion free it is great stuff im in northern ontario and i plow i see way too much salt and chemical spray for my liking lol.

Users who are viewing this thread