Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

44Dan44

Reaction score
Not sure what you are looking for in a crate but I have a Border Collie that is an escape artist and has destroyed several soft and hard plastic crates. I finally resorted to this one. Guaranteed escape proof. Can get a dog proof mattress to fit. Pricey but so is the back door panel he almost destroyed. This is the 34 inch (length) model and JUST fits in the back seat.

View attachment 60660View attachment 60661

Thankfully mine isn’t destructive, just distracting while I’m trying to drive. I don’t need a crate nearly that heavy duty, but your post is perfect for showing what will fit, so thanks!

@CdnHO Those crates are serious pieces. Cost wise, I've seen people pay as much for coolers to hold their beer so I endorse the expense for a beloved pup :cool: Did you not think the 'stationary' model (not much less in price though) would contain that beast versus the 'high anxiety' model which I think is what you have there?

@jsalbre
Space wise, if you care to go that far, rear seat delete creates mega cab space.
1691328014485.jpeg

CdnHO

Reaction score
@CdnHO Those crates are serious pieces. Cost wise, I've seen people pay as much for coolers to hold their beer so I endorse the expense for a beloved pup :cool: Did you not think the 'stationary' model (not much less in price though) would contain that beast versus the 'high anxiety' model which I think is what you have there?

@jsalbre
Space wise, if you care to go that far, rear seat delete creates mega cab space.
View attachment 60699
I have a club cab so room is limited. I measured ten times before I ordered and even made a cardboard box with the crate dimensions to test fit on the passenger side fold down floor since there are two supports for the seat hinges that stick up in club cabs. Crate went in between the supports with a quarter inch to spare. My boy certainly has "high anxiety". He bites and claws at the crate. I was always worried he would break teeth on the metal parts or otherwise hurt himself. The high anxiety crate is made so he can't do that. Holes are too small to get his teeth into. To me cost was no object if I didn't have to worry about him getting out or hurting himself as I am driving down the interstate at 70 mph pulling my 22K fifth wheel. He wines about it still but eventually gives up because he had figured out trying to get out is useless. That took a while the first few times. Other crates he quickly learned he could get out if he worked on them long enough. Let it be known that Border Collies are tenacious.

Alligator John

Reaction score
Removed the valence and added the CJC faux skid plate, winch guard plate.
The day before I added that Randy Ellis light bar and Rough Country light. I will say installing that Randy Ellis bar was a nightmare. It was 1/2 to one inch too short. I went over the instructions and pictures 20 times thinking I was doing something wrong. I had to beat and reshape the ends with a big rubber mallet. This caused me to have to fight and pound and fight and pound for three hours to get each hole lined up enough to force a bolt through. One welded nut on the winch plate was not square or level and caused that bolt to go in slightly crooked. I kept thinking it was trying to cross thread so I kept trying to redo it straight. Once I threaded the bolt in from the other side with the idea to clean the stripped threads, I realized it was just not straight. I finally got it in though and I like the look of it. But if I ever wreck this truck and damage it. I will not go through that again to mount another one and will do something different.

Same as I did with my ditch lights. I worry about theft and had originally planned to use individual more expensive lights and theft deterrent type nuts and bolts, or even reverse thread bolts to trick up a would be thief, but decided to just go with a cheaper light bar that did not have terrible reviews. If it gets stolen in some parking lot, it is no big loss to replace it. Once everything is set the way I want and holding steady, I will go back and at least add some orange locktight and fill the torx bolts with epoxy to make it a little difficult to remove. And as expensive as that randy ellis bar was, those bolts provided with the led light bar adapter should be black IMO. Or at least coated with something. Those bolts as they are are just going to rust. You can clearly see them in my picture with the dog. I will be painting them or replacing them.

Alligator John

Reaction score
Today's project was mounting a 911 Motorsports Badlands Jack mount and the Badlands offroad Jack. The mounts come as bare aluminum. I sanded them, rattle canned some self etching primer, then Hercules Bedliner. Made for a nice match to the truck bed. I went with this mount because it is low profile and would not get in the way of moving stuff like sheets of plywood or whatever. All I have to do is roll the jack out of the truck. I mounted each with a single 5/16-18 rivnut and heavy duty outdoor rated velcro, so the mounts can be easily removed if I need them out of the way to haul something. The jack is strapped down with a single ratchet strap, though I may add a 2nd strap just because it came with two in the package. And there is a bike lock. It's under a retrax cover so I really don't need the bike lock, but I have it, so used it. I think it turned out well. I will be deleting the factory jack under the passenger seat to mount an ARB compressor.

Attachments

• jackmount08082023.JPG
    jackmount08082023.JPG
    780.5 KB · Views: 77
  • badlandjack08082023.JPG
    badlandjack08082023.JPG
    491.4 KB · Views: 76

Wheelz

Reaction score
Wrapped up my install of a custom ATTA 66 gal aux/transfer L-tank. But my bonehead design blocked the camera's view of my gooseneck ball . Yay me on trying to line up the gooseneck now by using an dot on my screen on its assumed location. :confused: *cue sad trombone*20230806_164233.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread