Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
FINALLY got my hands on the module to replace the junk 8.4 Non-Nav in my connected services deleted truck. I've had the screen, bezel, and harness is my office closet for whats felt like forever. Got it updated to the S26.17 in the upgrade post and so far has been a vast improvement. It seems to handle higher quality audio sources better over wireless carplay and it doesn't have a stroke if I try to use my 360 cameras while carplay is also running. I do miss my physical controls and didn't mind the 8.4 form factor, but being a connected services delete I got shafted with the R1 Low.

1685499307580.png

Wheelz

Reaction score
FINALLY got my hands on the module to replace the junk 8.4 Non-Nav in my connected services deleted truck. I've had the screen, bezel, and harness is my office closet for whats felt like forever. Got it updated to the S26.17 in the upgrade post and so far has been a vast improvement. It seems to handle higher quality audio sources better over wireless carplay and it doesn't have a stroke if I try to use my 360 cameras while carplay is also running. I do miss my physical controls and didn't mind the 8.4 form factor, but being a connected services delete I got shafted with the R1 Low.
with the upgrade to 26.17, you're going to loose your offroad pages or whatever its called.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
with the upgrade to 26.17, you're going to loose your offroad pages or whatever its called.
I still very much have off road pages on mine. The module I was able to source shipped with 23.something on it, updated to 26.15 then factory reset, updated to 26.17 then factory reset, then updated my maps. AFAIK it's mostly been folks who have connected services that have those gremlins. Being a rona build I don't have any of the LTE stuff (connected services) nor do I have the BSM sensors in my tail lights. Only thing I changed in my BCM were the two configuration items to make the change from the 8.4 with physical controls to the 12.1. That said I did previously enable the front camera and guidelines in AlfaOBD, but even then that didn't give me off road pages in my 8.4 w/o NAV.

McHenry2500

Reaction score
Any plans on selling the 8.4" screen?

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Any plans on selling the 8.4" screen?

I'm going to hold onto it for a couple of weeks just in-case I run into any issues due to the UC5 parts being like unobtainum at the moment, but after that I'll sell it. I have no reason to hang onto it and the other truck in the family fleet already has one. They seem to work fine on tradesman/bighorns without many options on them, but on my laramie it just felt under powered. Are you looking for the full bezel and all or just the screen module out of it ? Either way shoot me a PM in 8 weeks or so and we can work something out if you want it.

BigDaddyKong

Reaction score
Annoyed my chrome appearance package did not include chrome door handles and chrome mirror caps, so I bought some ebay plastic specials and installed them. That actually completed the look of the truck, and I am pretty happy with them. Now to see how well they stand up to the car wash hehehehe.

Vol4LifeHV

Reaction score
Purchased my Ram new to me in February. Since then I've tinted the side mirror blinkers, bed light/camera, and rear reverse lights dark black, tinted all the windows and front windshield, added a 3" Readylift lift, and yesterday I slapped some 20"x9" Fuel Blitz D675 wheels w/ 20 offset and 37x11.5r20 Nitto Ridge Grappler tires on it. Attached a picture as purchased, a picture after the lift but before the wheels and tires, and as it sits after the new wheels and tires yesterday. Now this weekend hopefully I get the time to de-badge the red Cummins logo on the front fenders and replace with solid black Cummins logo to finish the bruised look (black and blue) I'm going for. Loving this truck!

Attachments

• After Wheels & Tires.jpg
    After Wheels & Tires.jpg
    831.2 KB · Views: 101
  • After Lift and Other Accessories.jpg
    After Lift and Other Accessories.jpg
    588.8 KB · Views: 102
  • Truck As Purchased 10.jpg
    Truck As Purchased 10.jpg
    397.5 KB · Views: 103

Joe_Lee

Reaction score
I drove my truck from south Alabama to Pigeon Forge Monday. 3 adults, luggage, etc.

For the trip up, the truck showed 18.5 mpg at fill up and hand calculated was 18.3 (I track every fuel up in the Fuelly app)

The time in the mountains showed 19.2 mpg on the truck and hand calculated at 17.9 mpg - not bad at all but the truck computer was off.

On the way down (home) Friday, Pigeon Forge to South Alabama, cruise set on 74 mph, a few bathroom stops, and one lunch stop, the truck showed 19.8 mpg (pic) and the hand calculation was 20.1 (pic).

I’m sure it would have fell off a good bit if I was running faster than 74 mph but for a stock truck, with just under 5k miles and 35 Ridge Grapplers, I am happy with that mileage.

Attachments

• IMG_6820.jpeg
    IMG_6820.jpeg
    456.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6819.png
    IMG_6819.png
    181.4 KB · Views: 25

relbus

Reaction score
Got a few things done this morning. Thuren 2” level w/ tracbar. Thuren swaybar, backflip mx4 bed cover, weather tech liners, and banks pedal monster.

Tint and PPF Monday. After I can throw on my mud flaps then tires and wheels.
7518e2b93481d0257287486a4ed91a87.jpg

ee94f7e36cb4b01d69331cc4d993c9ab.jpg

f24de90fdd617d48933ae2a79c078d70.jpg

1af23c625d94647313d03ebfd1906188.jpg

02b388a1e83d7032c961fefd3232706b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread