Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

rayzer12

Reaction score
Yes push button is similar. It took me 3 different attempts for it to work on my truck due to operator error lol
Can you provide the steps for the push button to start? I have no lock mode that I am aware of, I have tried multiple times, but I never get any type of tone indicating anything is happening. Thanks

AEV_CUMMINS

Reaction score
Well.. the nightmare with 4Wheel parts in Langley B.C continues. I was told that I would be able to pickup my truck today after they had the wheels repainted after the mistake they made with the wheel weights eating into all 4 wheels. Well I thought I would call before taking the second Uber of the day and confirm it was ready.. only to be told that the wheel repair place only gave them 3/4 wheels and the truck would not be ready until at earliest tomorrow (already been over a week). But, it only gets worse..
I call the wheel repair place and I know the owner from being in the auto business.. he says to me that they in fact did drop off all 4 wheels to 4wp on Friday. Well I call 4wp back and after a long hold while the guy that told me only 3 got dropped off... he comes back on the line to tell me the REAL story. He says ''one of the wheels slipped when mounting and it got scratched so we sent it off to a different wheel repair place to be fixed and sent back with an ETA of tomorrow''.

So now not only did they lie to me about not getting all 4 wheels from my wheel repair guys but now they have damaged a wheel (AGAIN) and sent it to a random shop without telling me and I can say almost 100% that this new shop does not have the paint code for the powder coat to get fixed. I am without words. I did not give permission to have my wheel sent out to a random wheel repair shop nor was I communicated with leaving me in the total dark.. lucky I called before rolling in and finding this all out in person. I now do not have my truck for my long planned trip tomorrow and ''they do not have a manager there today''. I feel so helpless.

Linked4door

Reaction score
Can you provide the steps for the push button to start? I have no lock mode that I am aware of, I have tried multiple times, but I never get any type of tone indicating anything is happening. Thanks
Same steps as you quoted earlier. Where it says key on, that is push start in the run position (key on engine off). Lock mode is one push past run, essentially ignition off.

When you first put it to the "run" position wait a few sec for the gages to come back and the radio to fully turn on.

Here is a video of a guy with a 1500, same procedure.

Last edited:

Linked4door

Reaction score
Installed a swing case today. Glad I got it for less than $30, since this thing is a flimsy POS. The first gen ones where infinitely better. I can break into this thing with just my hands bending the lid open. I am going to replace the lock with one to match the toolbox and then fiberglass the inside of the box to make it more sturdy. Going to re-shape the wheel arch to give me some more room while I am at it. I would not recommend one at full cost or if you expect any amount of security past the appearance of it.

Attachments

• 20220718_183109.jpg
    20220718_183109.jpg
    637.6 KB · Views: 68

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Well.. the nightmare with 4Wheel parts in Langley B.C continues. I was told that I would be able to pickup my truck today after they had the wheels repainted after the mistake they made with the wheel weights eating into all 4 wheels. Well I thought I would call before taking the second Uber of the day and confirm it was ready.. only to be told that the wheel repair place only gave them 3/4 wheels and the truck would not be ready until at earliest tomorrow (already been over a week). But, it only gets worse..
I call the wheel repair place and I know the owner from being in the auto business.. he says to me that they in fact did drop off all 4 wheels to 4wp on Friday. Well I call 4wp back and after a long hold while the guy that told me only 3 got dropped off... he comes back on the line to tell me the REAL story. He says ''one of the wheels slipped when mounting and it got scratched so we sent it off to a different wheel repair place to be fixed and sent back with an ETA of tomorrow''.

So now not only did they lie to me about not getting all 4 wheels from my wheel repair guys but now they have damaged a wheel (AGAIN) and sent it to a random shop without telling me and I can say almost 100% that this new shop does not have the paint code for the powder coat to get fixed. I am without words. I did not give permission to have my wheel sent out to a random wheel repair shop nor was I communicated with leaving me in the total dark.. lucky I called before rolling in and finding this all out in person. I now do not have my truck for my long planned trip tomorrow and ''they do not have a manager there today''. I feel so helpless.
I used to go to the Edmonton branch but after many screw-ups haven’t been back in a few years. Same as KMS tools …always a gong show. Hope it comes out ok at least for you. Post a pick of it outside the store when you pick it up and middle fingers are ok in my books. ;)

GPurcell01

Reaction score
Got some parts for both trucks. My father's decided to throw a P0765 (shift solenoid D code) and put his truck into limp mode while towing a trailer.

In response, we got an ATS valve body with a new billet channel plate and solenoid pack. Since we will be in there and draining fluid already, also will be putting on a deep transmission pan and thermal bypass valve delete.

Mine got a thermal bypass valve delete as well. Sitting in traffic, it has stuck a couple times causing the temps to bump up to 200* when typically my Aisin sits at 165*. When it finally does open, temps plummet back down to 165* almost instantly even when sitting still.

Install shenanigans coming soon.

View attachment 41202

View attachment 41203

Badda bing - Badda boom

Install of all parts was a breeze. Went through a lot of transmission fluid between the deep pan, valve body, and bypass valve all draining. Took 16 quarts to fill.

20220717_144726.jpg

20220717_144751.jpg

20220718_204710.jpg

Truck drives as it should again. No big difference in shifting however still taking it easy in the re-learn. No more check engine light!

QuattroCS

Reaction score
Badda bing - Badda boom

Install of all parts was a breeze. Went through a lot of transmission fluid between the deep pan, valve body, and bypass valve all draining. Took 16 quarts to fill.

View attachment 41327

View attachment 41328

View attachment 41329

Truck drives as it should again. No big difference in shifting however still taking it easy in the re-learn. No more check engine light!
so this is a deep pan and what exactly for the HO? is this maintenance or upgrade?

AZ Sooner

Reaction score
All these parts were for my father's 68rfe. Valve body, channel plate, solenoid pack, deep pan, and the thermal bypass delete.

My Aisin only got a thermal bypass delete.
Have you seen or felt a difference on the Aisin with the bypass delete?

IndyRamMega

Reaction score
Finished the monster ram install and front cat conversion....changed the rear filter so they are on the same rotation and while I was at it I changed the oil....while getting under the truck I look over and notice this! Guess I'll advance the timing on adding the thuren 1/2" coils and TB and fox shocks I have sitting there waiting.....

Attachments

• 0721221701.jpg
    0721221701.jpg
    651.4 KB · Views: 129

Riddick

Reaction score
Finished the monster ram install and front cat conversion....changed the rear filter so they are on the same rotation and while I was at it I changed the oil....while getting under the truck I look over and notice this! Guess I'll advance the timing on adding the thuren 1/2" coils and TB and fox shocks I have sitting there waiting.....

Is yours a 2022? I am seeing tons of threads on front shock failures. I have a new set waiting to go in as well but am waiting until I rotate tires. OEM shocks are JUNK!

waveslayer

Reaction score
I'll have to post my suspension up on the classifieds foe those heaving failures, I don't need them anymore

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

Trog

Reaction score
Got the Ram mastiff approved.
aecd13d8ff95ce41c7606367586f0164.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread