Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Aero_Dave

Reaction score

Slamman18Z, I have an 8' bed. But because of the way a roll-up tonneau cover works ( and its size ) I need a toolbox,​

that's an L sharped. That way it would fit aft of the tonneau cover box, AND Under the tonneau cover box, if you know what I mean.
Basically the same setup as a toolbox / aux fuel tank box. I just don't want / need the aux fuel tank. I want all storage for tools & supplies.
I can't find one anywhere! If someone made one, they'd have a lot of customers!

Dave...

RLMandich

Reaction score

Slamman18Z, I have an 8' bed. But because of the way a roll-up tonneau cover works ( and its size ) I need a toolbox,​

that's an L sharped. That way it would fit aft of the tonneau cover box, AND Under the tonneau cover box, if you know what I mean.
Basically the same setup as a toolbox / aux fuel tank box. I just don't want / need the aux fuel tank. I want all storage for tools & supplies.
I can't find one anywhere! If someone made one, they'd have a lot of customers!

Dave...
I’m thinking the way to go will be to just get the right size rectangle box and leave that area under the retrax can as an empty space.

I’m sure something important may end up sliding into that empty space some day though, like ice cream.

RLMandich

Reaction score
Installed weather tech mudflaps. I’m not usually one who likes mudflaps, but wanted them for this application. Fit and finish was really good, and am happy with how they turned out. No problems clearing the running boards and the drop is perfect IMO.

When I ordered, WT didn’t call out the 2022 DRW. But the 2021 is the same and no problems installing.

Part #
110109 Front
120116 Rear14501C99-793F-4E65-BF01-C3B49708B8AA.jpegC1AD3BA2-4522-4882-A62D-90F23516D0C9.jpegE4DAF24F-FA4D-4A4B-80A9-64EBA389FF89.jpeg780D9821-AB63-42DA-BBBF-B4D8CB3AE623.jpeg2CDCD420-FBA4-42A1-88A7-785DA1EB0378.jpeg1FFE77BD-4A37-4B9D-A1DD-46BBBE8D8299.jpeg0FDBB603-0B78-4CDD-A4CC-DE57A9A32634.jpeg

Grateful Dad

Reaction score
My truck didn’t have the factory 5th wheel/gooseneck prep so after previously installing the B&W Turnoverball back in November I finally got the 5th wheel prep/puck installed. I’ll take a few more pics and share my thoughts on the install in a separate thread. To suffice the pics or it didn’t happen……….

Oh ya, pay no attention to the dirt outline from my AUH, as close as it looks, those “lines” were not used for installation measurements and I just might have used a little too much cutting oil ;)

Attachments

• A1750EE4-99B5-4299-B287-AD8A521B7ABD.jpeg
    A1750EE4-99B5-4299-B287-AD8A521B7ABD.jpeg
    582.3 KB · Views: 91

AEV_CUMMINS

Reaction score

QuattroCS

Reaction score

AEV_CUMMINS

Reaction score
@AEV_CUMMINS It’s a super simple install there are screws that hold the hanger holder on. Slide the gear panel mounts behind those screws and attach the molle panel. The instructions are really good, and to boot the shipping was super fast.
Nice! I will order today and post when I get it installed.

Tdmva21

Reaction score
Did you purchase something precut or just use something like door tape?
@Brutal_HO i got them from a place called TVD Vinyl Decals. They’re pre-cut and work great. You can find them online.
Sorry for the late reply. Was away on vacation for a couple weeks.

Slamman18Z

Reaction score
Installed @NHOverland headliner gear panel today. Definitely a well made piece, very light weight but felt extremely sturdy. This will give some quick lightweight storage and a place for a baby camera for my little man.

View attachment 40832View attachment 40834View attachment 40833
Do you think that panel would support a long gun mount, say 8-10 lbs over bumpy terrain? I ask because it looks like it's just secured to the existing coat hanger clips.
I thought I had seen a picture somewhere that had a gun mount configured to the bracket, but I figured I would ask someone who has actually installed it and get their opinion.

Slamman18Z

Reaction score
Great question @Slamman18Z

looked it up and it states a 15lb max capacity.
Thanks for reply. I went to the website after I saw your post, I think I'll give it a shot once my truck arrives. I was never too sure about the roof mounted racks & try not to advertise with a rack in the back window so this bracket might just do the trick. Thanks for posting the photos.

IronByron

Reaction score
Do you think that panel would support a long gun mount, say 8-10 lbs over bumpy terrain? I ask because it looks like it's just secured to the existing coat hanger clips.
I thought I had seen a picture somewhere that had a gun mount configured to the bracket, but I figured I would ask someone who has actually installed it and get their opinion.
I have a huge 4 person first aid kit on mine, probably 8 to 10 lbs. It holds it just fine. The kit bounces some (it’s play in kit bag, not the bracket).

Users who are viewing this thread