Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

G’Dave

Reaction score
Finally got the newly added driver assist module (for adaptive cruise control) calibrated. After the dealership tech and safelite weren’t able to do it, I had to take matters into my own hands, and break out a micropod and wiTECH subscription, and do it myself.
After that, I was able to get the Comma.ai set up and working:
View attachment 40388
Finally got the newly added driver assist module (for adaptive cruise control) calibrated. After the dealership tech and safelite weren’t able to do it, I had to take matters into my own hands, and break out a micropod and wiTECH subscription, and do it myself.
After that, I was able to get the Comma.ai set up and working:
View attachment 40388

Very slick @Jimmy07 . You are definitely the "Tech King" in this forum.

G’Dave

Reaction score
Ran over to KC and picked up another toy. This one is like “Skinny Minnie” compared to Big Bertha (my R1200GS).

4a82b610aed2b2eb9016ee4042f748d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reh Ranch

Reaction score
I could not find the "What did you do to your Ram in the last 30 days" thread so I guess I will leave this here.
Picked it up from the dealer.
Had Kat Skinz seat coverings installed
Installed OEM mud flaps
Installed Diamonback bed cover
Installed Air Lift air bags
Installed Amp Research Bumper step

Attachments

• 22 Dodge Air Bag 2.jpg
    22 Dodge Air Bag 2.jpg
    911.7 KB · Views: 160
  • 22 Dodge Amp Bed Step 1.jpg
    22 Dodge Amp Bed Step 1.jpg
    859.9 KB · Views: 150
  • 22 Dodge Amp Bed Step 2.jpg
    22 Dodge Amp Bed Step 2.jpg
    762 KB · Views: 150
  • 22 Dodge Diamond Back Cover.jpg
    22 Dodge Diamond Back Cover.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 155
  • 22 Dodge Front Seats.jpg
    22 Dodge Front Seats.jpg
    618.4 KB · Views: 161
  • 22 Dodge Mud Flap.jpg
    22 Dodge Mud Flap.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 160
  • 22 dodge Rear Seats.jpg
    22 dodge Rear Seats.jpg
    608.8 KB · Views: 158
  • 22 Dodge.jpg
    22 Dodge.jpg
    687.7 KB · Views: 165

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I don't follow what you mean by "slick". like, does your foot slip off of them when wet?

CAB993

Reaction score
I don't follow what you mean by "slick". like, does your foot slip off of them when wet?
Yes. I had laser cut floor liners in my last truck and the material looks similar and those would get slick when wet or cold, so I wasn’t sure about this particular product

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
yah, gotcha now.. I honestly don't step on them. my foot goes directly to the side step from the floorboard. they don't seem to be slippery when the truck gets washed.

Grateful Dad

Reaction score
Installed my new RetraxPro MX Tonneau cover on my 1 day old 3500! Easy install, took about 45 minutes.

Dave…View attachment 40706View attachment 40707View attachment 40708View attachment 40709
Looks good, been eyeing a Retrax for awhile. Could you snap a pic or 2 with the tailgate down? I’ve been trying to determine if my Amp Bed extender will hit the cover rails. On my previous truck I had a BAK Revolver, the bed extender wouldn’t clear the “catch” mechanism at the back. TIA

Aero_Dave

Reaction score
Looks good, been eyeing a Retrax for awhile. Could you snap a pic or 2 with the tailgate down? I’ve been trying to determine if my Amp Bed extender will hit the cover rails. On my previous truck I had a BAK Revolver, the bed extender wouldn’t clear the “catch” mechanism at the back. TIA
I’ll take a few later tonight.

Dave…

Aykillah

Reaction score
Did this last week and forgot to post the mandatory post installation picture.
Bulletpoint RubiGrid w/ phone and GoPro mount I have an extra arm so I’ll probably order the radio holder for my Baofang

Attachments

• 9D2ECC84-AD6A-4D57-AFF1-85893716EAF9.jpeg
    9D2ECC84-AD6A-4D57-AFF1-85893716EAF9.jpeg
    439.5 KB · Views: 76

RLMandich

Reaction score

RLMandich

Reaction score
I've been looking for the same for my 3500 DRW. I'd like to also get a decent tool box to fit in front of the retrax can, under the cover, and in front of my B&W companion hitch.

Anyone have suggestions?
Correction -

Tool box would need to fit behind the retrax can....

Aero_Dave

Reaction score
I've been looking for the same for my 3500 DRW. I'd like to also get a decent tool box to fit in front of the retrax can, under the cover, and in front of my B&W companion hitch.

Anyone have suggestions?
I’m also looking for a good toolbox to fit under the Retrax and not interfere with my B&W Companion 5th-Wheel Hitch. I can’t believe no one makes an L shaped toolbox. Only thing I’ve found that’s L shaped is the toolbox/auxiliary fuel tank. I don’t need more fuel, I have the 50 gallon tank option now.
Let me know if you find something that fits. I’ll do the same if I find something.

Dave…

Last edited:

Aero_Dave

Reaction score
Sorry, got home to late for pics. But if you search on YouTube of the installs of this tonneau cover, you’ll get an idea. Looking at your bed extender online, I don’t see why this cover wouldn’t fit.
Good luck.

Dave…

Bombaman

Reaction score
Did this last week and forgot to post the mandatory post installation picture.
Bulletpoint RubiGrid w/ phone and GoPro mount I have an extra arm so I’ll probably order the radio holder for my Baofang

Mine litterally arrived yesterday, plan on using for my phone and RV Backup camera. So far very happy with the quality!

Slamman18Z

Reaction score
I’m also looking for a good toolbox to fit under the Retrax and not interfere with my B&W Companion 5th-Wheel Hitch. I can’t believe no one makes an L shaped toolbox. Only thing I’ve found that’s L shaped is the toolbox/auxiliary fuel tank. I don’t need more fuel, I have the 50 gallon tank option now.
Let me know if you find something that fits. I’ll do the same if I find something.

Dave…
I was looking for the same thing to fit in the back of my 2021 2500. You might want to take a look at the Smittybilt Adventure box. It fits below the rails and is only 16" wide so it shouldn't interfere with the 5th wheel hitch. I used an auto-slider hitch with the puck system and the box fit fine, but because of the box design of the hitch, I couldn't open the bottom drawer in the box. Most of the B&W companion hitches have a gap underneath in the middle or a kind of X patterned mount for the puck system so I would think the drawer would be accessible. I didn't have a tonneua cover on my truck so I am not sure if it will fit under all types, especially the Retrax depending on how much room is required to store the tonneua when rolled back.

I agree with you on some type of L-shaped box for those of us that don't go the long bed route. More than half the rigs I see at RV parks hauling 5th wheels have a standard bed (+/- 6 feet), so you would think there is a market for boxes that fit in the back of a standard bed trucks with a 5th wheel hitch.

Users who are viewing this thread