Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Icky

Reaction score
Took the superglide out the old truck and mounted in the new truck. Ordered the oem mounting brackets back in December, so I had to change mounting brackets from the ISR style.
20220515_125409.jpg20220515_130347.jpg

sanda

Reaction score
Picked up my new truck from MD and drove 705 miles to home, and never stopped for fuel!!
50 gallon tank, 4WD with 4.10 ratio, 6.4L.
I will figure out actual mpg tomorrow when I fill up, but lie-o-meter says 17.2
Take a bow, Mr Hemi

59aa3ab2522c3bbdac7e207d7f9f5d57.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And that 50 gallon tank is the best buy option you can get for $300 bucks.

G’Dave

Reaction score
And that 50 gallon tank is the best buy option you can get for $300 bucks.

And the 4.10 ratio if you want extra towing capacity or ability to run 37s.
I think it was $145 compared to at least $1000 as a retro fit….

rampulse

Reaction score
Tinted the truck yesterday. Had Xpel XR Plus (ceramic) put on all the windows. 70% on the front windshield, the rear doors and the rear window. Had 20% put on the driver and passenger door. I had to raise the temperature on the AC because the inside of the truck cools down so much now. The 70% is basically clear so you cant even tell that the tint is there, but it blocks the heat incredibly well.

I went the same route but did 45 over the back 3 as well. I agree the windshield at 70 is great, and I wanted some solid UV and heat protection in the SoCal sun with a black truck.

Linked4door

Reaction score
Finally got around to installing most of my accessories. Bed Rails, Headache Rack, Front and rear flaps, Bug deflector, Banks Pedal Monster, Fuel tank installed for equipment. Decked toolbox after I pickup a 5th wheel to insure it does not interfere.
What brand headache rack is that, and do you have any pics from the side showing rhe whole truck?

Firebird

Reaction score
Dang Mr Firebird, that’s a lot of fire red paint . The rims are great. Which tires do you have, and do they make much noise?

Nitto Ridge Grapplers in 255/80/17, and they really aren't bad at all on noise. I've been very happy with them

Slamman18Z

Reaction score
First post on this thread and want to start off with thanking everyone that has posted the things they have done to their trucks. My 2022 RAM 2500 Laramie MegaCab replacement truck for my wrecked 2021 is scheduled to get built next week (probably not) but I have started to gather the things I want to do once I finally get it. The grill lights, slider hitch, and Viair on-board air system were salvaged from my 2021, but couldn't remove the air suspension.

I ordered the Air Lift suspension a couple of weeks after I put the deposit down on my new truck, but since I have been reading thru this thread in my free time while I wait, I've found more things to spend my old truck payment on. I really liked the KC cyclone light idea for in the engine compartment and the non-slip tape applied to the bottom part of the door jam, so I ordered the lights and a role of tape from Amazon. I also ordered the Course motorsports direct fit phone mount. I'm ordering the Banks Ram-Air system this week, debating on whether to get the pedal master as well. I'll put in an order for the 35x12.5 R18s, Method wheels, and Thuren coils/sway-bar once I know the truck is built and on it's way.

Should be enough to keep me busy, atleast for a few weeks anyway. Thanks again for all the posts, ideas, pics, and really helpful comments. I'll be sure to post pics once my truck gets here and probably a few updates of more stuff I'll be getting in the mean time while I'm waiting

Linked4door

Reaction score
Order my HornBlasters , should be here on Wed. Nice clean look hidden under the spare tire , won't need it since a 37 won't fit under there . Anyone have good or bad info on them?View attachment 37917
Never bought one of their kits, but have had plenty of good experiences with horn blasters. I normally but the horns and build my own kit since I am picky with what fittings, hose, valves, and compressor gets used.

Users who are viewing this thread