Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Webbula

Reaction score
Amps worth it? Do you have a photo with them stowed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Factory steps would have been far more economical but were unavailable on the BH at time of order. That said, I don't mind the additional cost, primarily because my wife and kids no longer struggle to get in.

Attachments

• 20220324_170351.jpg
    20220324_170351.jpg
    578 KB · Views: 120
  • 20220324_170435.jpg
    20220324_170435.jpg
    625 KB · Views: 121

Red Rider

Reaction score
Well, I didn’t do all this today, but I just bought the truck three and a half months ago…
  1. Roll-n-lock tonneau cover, because I transferred it from my old 1500 to the 2500
  2. Amp Research side steps (Because my wife is short and even though I‘m 6’1”, it is still a tall truck)
  3. Mopar Bed Step (Because I felt like an overturned turtle trying to climb in the bed while installing the tonneau)
  4. A passenger visor with lighted vanity mirror (Because my wife was bitterly disappointed the truck did not come with one…bitterly disappointed!!)
I’m thinking about the Roll N Lock cover but I have a cooler that I carry. In the bed of the truck and wondering how much lower the cover sits from the top of the bed. How much height do you have under the lowest part of the cove.) It’s not the canister that I am concerned about… just the cover.

saltonbuoy

Reaction score
Factory steps would have been far more economical but were unavailable on the BH at time of order. That said, I don't mind the additional cost, primarily because my wife and kids no longer struggle to get in.

I purchased a BH as well. These look awesome! Thanks for the photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firewall

Reaction score
Had to bring the 5th wheel in for some minor repairs before the season starts. I've heard you guys over and over say what a difference a diesel makes - holy cow, I will never go back to a gasser. With @3700lbs on the pin and 17K overall the truck barely squatted, the overload springs were not even close to hitting. It was truly a pleasurable 50 mile drive!IMG_0754.jpeg

AEV_CUMMINS

Reaction score
added on-board air, glad that's over
Would you recommend going through the hassle of hard mounting it or do you think after going through the trouble, that most people would be fine with the ARB twin compressor inside the little mobile case with attachments inside? I have a hard time justifying the pain of getting it mounted right, and dealing with getting it back out if knock on wood, an accident ever happened or got sold. I know how having it secured and not worry about forgetting it on an outing or such is nice but to what length should one go if they are just using it for the usual airing up tires and floaties?

1648253424161.png

kkerley

Reaction score
Would you recommend going through the hassle of hard mounting it or do you think after going through the trouble, that most people would be fine with the ARB twin compressor inside the little mobile case with attachments inside? I have a hard time justifying the pain of getting it mounted right, and dealing with getting it back out if knock on wood, an accident ever happened or got sold. I know how having it secured and not worry about forgetting it on an outing or such is nice but to what length should one go if they are just using it for the usual airing up tires and floaties?

View attachment 34567
If it were just me using definitely would go the portable route, I don’t mind opening the hood and hooking it up. But this will also be used by my wife, if it weren’t easy (ie open the rambox and flip a switch) it wouldn’t get used. So the hassle to install is to somewhat to ensure that it gets used when needed. I will like the ease of use but again if it were just me I would go the portable for ease of install and ability to move from vehicle to vehicle.

NHOverland

Reaction score

View attachment 34567
If you do not use this space, mounts with options are available to make things easier. Link in signature
PSX_20220228_154824.jpg

kkerley

Reaction score
If you do not use this space, mounts with options are available to make things easier. Link in signature
View attachment 34571
Yes agreed I will retract some of my previous statement, my choices for locations-engine bay, under rear seat, rambox, under bed on frame, in bed. Did not care for in nor under the bed. Already have stuff stored under the back seats so that space was taken. I was basically rambox, engine bay, or portable. I wanted it to be nice but as budget friendly as possible so that removed portable along with it being more work to hook up each time yada yada. So left with rambox or engine bay, my preference was engine bay, it would leave more space for stuff in the rambox, wiring was easier/cheaper/faster, all I would have to do was route an airline. But my altitude challenged better half can’t reach to close the hood, yes I know you can close it from the side….., I went through all of the “conversations”, so we ended up with rambox. So we had ruled out the NH Overland options before we ordered stuff, I suggest you give them a look, because if she takes this truck and I get another one, my new compressor will be mounted up under the hood. Sorry for the rant/run-on whatever you want to call it.

Users who are viewing this thread