Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

HEMIDUTY

Reaction score
Picked up my new 2500 that I bought while in transit over 6 weeks ago, now I have over $8000 in goodies I want to purchase. Have to learn to stay off the internet!

jadmt

Reaction score
Finally aired down my 35x12.5 tires. I've been driving (not enjoyably) at OEM pressure for the last 500 miles. It seems like I am over correcting to the left a lot so I figured it was time. 45 in front and 40 in the rear. I didn't chalk it, but the contact patch looks much better.

I will get around to updating the TPMS thresholds and getting a thuren spec'd alignment next weekend.
could go even lower if running empty.
D6DCE785-6853-4264-9558-B739D21A8C5A.jpeg

flan

Reaction score
Your truck looks good, love the bumpers! I put the new sway bar on Friday, that stock one means business.
View attachment 34320
Thanks! I only put about 4 miles on since doing all the work, drove from my shop to back home. No idea on the manners of the upgrades as of now but it should be an improvement over stock if what everyone else says is true..

flan

Reaction score
Curious how close to 2" the lift actually was. I know it hasn't had time to settle yet, but do you have any measurements (bottom of wheel well to ground) from before and or after.
Good question, I just ran out and checked. I measured from the middle of the centercap up to the bottom of the fender flare. That’s the best way according to thuren. Takes tire bulge, etc out of the equation. Compared to my original measurements I took back when I was deciding which height to go with it’s sitting exactly at 2” higher.

IndyRamMega

Reaction score
Thuren 2” level went on quick today, I started around 1030 and wrapped up around 3. Track bar, sway bar and rear shocks as well.

Parts and pieces:
View attachment 34299View attachment 34300View attachment 34301View attachment 34302View attachment 34303View attachment 34304View attachment 34305
Might be a silly question....but for us on road tow guys do you feel like the track bar is a worthy upgrade? I'm a jeeper and know of the hollow lightweight components that are put on these vehicles and the aftermarket stuff is pure beef by comparison....just curious if the only advantage is the adjustability for you guys lifting...

Bluedevilman

Reaction score
Was super lucky and a neighbor at the campground we have been in for the last month traded my 18 inch chrome laramie with 18k on tires for his 20 inch chrome with 650 mile on the tires straight up.
6ebf37857f2e5c4001786a3641c198f3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

rampulse

Reaction score
I thought they were 5" inlet no??

Bought this for my not yet delivered 2022 limited 6.7

Hoping I don't need to return for a 4" inlet any advice appreciated!

I read a few different things on this before getting my truck and the majority pointed to 4”

Like I said it fit perfect but here’s a quick night pic that hopefully helps.

379e784bbe52b16fb7dd9f35e2fa9a37.jpg

flan

Reaction score
Might be a silly question....but for us on road tow guys do you feel like the track bar is a worthy upgrade? I'm a jeeper and know of the hollow lightweight components that are put on these vehicles and the aftermarket stuff is pure beef by comparison....just curious if the only advantage is the adjustability for you guys lifting...
Honestly if you are not going to lift at all I would not bother, the track bars have come a long ways from the 2nd gen trucks with the ball joint on the frame side. The factory unit is quite beefy. The main advantage to the thuren track bar is to keep the axle centered under the truck when lifting.

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
Everyone should make that drive at least once. I drove up and down the Alcan in the ‘90’s. Both times in January. It was the most beautiful trip I’ve ever taken

It truly is remarkable. It was well worth the time & money spent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tchur1

Reaction score
Ya Im planning on 1.75" Thuren as well. Im trying to figure out why I would go with Carli at this point, Thuren seems more custom tuned, cheaper, easier to install..

Users who are viewing this thread