Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

love2build

Reaction score
Finally got around to getting the fogs swapped out for the Baja’s. I decided against the sports and I’m happy I did. Also did the Ranch Hand. Wow that thing is solid! Cheers!

Attachments

• 04C2EA0B-B072-4F14-A29F-7991C058027D.jpeg
    04C2EA0B-B072-4F14-A29F-7991C058027D.jpeg
    470.3 KB · Views: 119
  • A8A16367-F805-4581-A695-BBB86070DFE5.jpeg
    A8A16367-F805-4581-A695-BBB86070DFE5.jpeg
    565.3 KB · Views: 118

22limited

Reaction score
I just added a relay to auxiliary switch #6 to get rid of the three honks when leave your truck running an shut the door
Thanks to rockman for posting his video

Nd79

Reaction score
Finally got around to getting the fogs swapped out for the Baja’s. I decided against the sports and I’m happy I did. Also did the Ranch Hand. Wow that thing is solid! Cheers!
Question on this bumper guard, is it solid enough that you can step into the center grill area or anywhere it's open to reach under the hood easier? I currently use the front tow hooks for a step lol.

love2build

Reaction score
Question on this bumper guard, is it solid enough that you can step into the center grill area or anywhere it's open to reach under the hood easier? I currently use the front tow hooks for a step lol.
Yup. Real solid…no issues.

MotoFish

Reaction score
Funny how everyone's tastes are different, I can't stand fixed running boards. I think they break up the lines of the truck, so I prefer the automatic boards. Put AMP on my 1500 and have them on the Limited, only thing I miss is the lights the AMPs have but it's no big deal.
I am with you on that. Had AMP’s on my 2003 Ram. Loved the lights. So, on my 2021 I tapped into the bed lights. Problem solved. Go on and off with door and bed lights. LED light strip from eBay.

Attachments

• 9CBE7933-DB01-41FB-A31D-F97DFC3544A4.jpeg
    9CBE7933-DB01-41FB-A31D-F97DFC3544A4.jpeg
    403 KB · Views: 99

Razzman

Reaction score
I am with you on that. Had AMP’s on my 2003 Ram. Loved the lights. So, on my 2021 I tapped into the bed lights. Problem solved. Go on and off with door and bed lights. LED light strip from eBay.
Where did you tap into the bed lights circuit?

MotoFish

Reaction score
Where did you tap into the bed lights circuit?
I used Posi-Tap’s and tapped the + 12v wire coming from under the back of the bed under the lights. Sounds like you have a limited. You should have the bed lights. Loosen them from the bed and you can see the wires and then follow them under the bed. Then posi-tap right there and put your wire in some wire loom, zip-tie it all up on the frame up under where your retractable step is and run some led’s of your choosing, just ground it near where you mounted your lights to a frame bolt. The wires are small, but most LED’s have a very low voltage draw.

G’Dave

Reaction score
I used Posi-Tap’s and tapped the + 12v wire coming from under the back of the bed under the lights. Sounds like you have a limited. You should have the bed lights. Loosen them from the bed and you can see the wires and then follow them under the bed. Then posi-tap right there and put your wire in some wire loom, zip-tie it all up on the frame up under where your retractable step is and run some led’s of your choosing, just ground it near where you mounted your lights to a frame bolt. The wires are small, but most LED’s have a very low voltage draw.

Hi @MotoFish, my Laramie (ordered 1/28) will come with fixed wheel-to-wheel steps and LED bed lights (8 foot bed). Do you think this farkle will work for it? I love the idea of adding LED light strips to the frame so they light up when the door is opened. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burton12387

Reaction score

[mention]love2build [/mention] can you share what made you go Baja over the sports?

MotoFish

Reaction score
Hi @MotoFish, my Laramie (ordered 1/28) will come with fixed wheel-to-wheel steps and LED bed lights (8 foot bed). Do you think this farkle will work for it? I love the idea of adding LED light strips to the frame so they light up when the door is opened. Thanks!

Sure, I don’t see why not!?! As long as you have the bed lights, same idea. Otherwise you will have to find your power source elsewhere. I took a photo from under the truck showing the LED strip for you. But you could do this with any LED’s I believe. Several places or ways to install them. You could also put them on the black plugs farther out if needed and just Daisy chain them together. I almost did that from the start. Also, I used double sided tape, pinched the LED rope at the front and rear mount of my running boards and used a couple zip ties on each side, without drilling any holes in the truck.

Attachments

• C2DCBD33-8FEC-4EAB-9F6E-6E21F1EE0D92.jpeg
    C2DCBD33-8FEC-4EAB-9F6E-6E21F1EE0D92.jpeg
    297.9 KB · Views: 127

Randrx2

Reaction score
Installed the Vice Design hidden winch mount and a Warn Evo 12S. Fairly easy install. Hardest part was getting the bumper realigned. Also installed the control box relocation kit which puts the control box up by the fuse box. Very happy with the mounting bracket. The video they have of the install is pretty much the only instructions I used.

Attachments

• tempImageg23saL.png
    tempImageg23saL.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 146
  • tempImageeo5oht.png
    tempImageeo5oht.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 145
Last edited:

G’Dave

Reaction score
Sure, I don’t see why not!?! As long as you have the bed lights, same idea. Otherwise you will have to find your power source elsewhere. I took a photo from under the truck showing the LED strip for you. But you could do this with any LED’s I believe. Several places or ways to install them. You could also put them on the black plugs farther out if needed and just Daisy chain them together. I almost did that from the start. Also, I used double sided tape, pinched the LED rope at the front and rear mount of my running boards and used a couple zip ties on each side, without drilling any holes in the truck.

This is a lot of help - way more than I expected. Thanks!

love2build

Reaction score
[mention]love2build [/mention] can you share what made you go Baja over the sports?

While I wanted the most light possible I also wanted to use them without interruption for me and oncoming traffic. I am happy.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
You went with the SAE? How do you like them compared to the stock lights? I like the idea of keeping them streetable.

Users who are viewing this thread