Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

gimmie11s

Reaction score
The trick is to make sure you move your hand out of the way :rolleyes: ....Had them for years and NEVER broke nuting...and it saves the doors from scratches and finger grime

Then you go ahead and spend $35 on a piece of aluminum and double sided tape. :rolleyes:

If you’re worried about scratching your paint, push the door closed with your window.

Whatever floats your boat! (Or breaks your fingers)

unclelala

Reaction score
Then you go ahead and spend $35 on a piece of aluminum and double sided tape. :rolleyes:

If you’re worried about scratching your paint, push the door closed with your window.

Whatever floats your boat! (Or breaks your fingers)
Its the kind of thing that you have to try to appreciate its simplicity...Im 62 and been using this problem free for many moons and trust me its WAY easier than reaching for the window( and no dirty window) or the door handle and your right it is my $35 bucks.

Last edited:

Lary0071

Reaction score
I don't get it either and I've never had worn paint or any other damage to the door from closing it
I'm a hard core "never touch my paint" guy. Only open and close using the door handle. That's literally why the door handle is there, too open and close the door. No other place should ever experience human touch or contact.

Kids can learn this as well, you only need to physically beat/inflict pain a couple times before lessons start to really stick. My kids know, never touch glass. Never food or drink aside from water in a car. Never touch a car. Feet never touch the seat in front of you. You take out what you bring in to a car.

I've had so many people tell me that these rules can't work with kids and babies, but yet the rules work fine with mine. You'll never see a food or drink stain in a car I own, nor will there be left behind items or debris.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

unclelala

Reaction score
I'm a hard core "never touch my paint" guy. Only open and close using the door handle. That's literally why the door handle is there, too open and close the door. No other place should ever experience human touch or contact.

Kids can learn this as well, you only need to physically beat/inflict pain a couple times before lessons start to really stick. My kids know, never touch glass. Never food or drink aside from water in a car. Never touch a car. Feet never touch the seat in front of you. You take out what you bring in to a car.

I've had so many people tell me that these rules can't work with kids and babies, but yet the rules work fine with mine. You'll never see a food or drink stain in a car I own, nor will there be left behind items or debris.

OMG Ive found my twin! I'm as anal as you when it comes to the hands off treatment of my vehicles. I don't even want my wife using the door handles because she always opens the doors with something in her hand like keys, shopping bags etc etc...On her car its scatched in the door handle scoop and around the handle. When I had the PPF and the ceramic coating done I told the guy to do behind the door handles and make sure to PPF the door rocker panels because my wife always drags her feet across the rocker panels and scratches the #$%$ out of them. On my old Ram her rocker sills were trashed while mine was spotless

Papa_smurf

Reaction score
Swapped my reverse halogen bulbs for LEDs off Amazon. OEM's were not bright enough for my taste. Simple swap of the bulb, and a lot brighter. Will try to get a pic after dark sometime.

Greenhills

Reaction score

You do you, but lifes too short to give a **** about anything listed here lol.

el_barto

Reaction score
I take care of my truck; but it’s a truck and I use it like a truck. If it gets dirty, gets some scratches, it adds character. I sure as hell am not going to worry about fingerprints on the door.
Here’s my dirty ass truck to trigger you bois.
603A5D69-CB07-4982-97C8-8690E8E9AF1B.jpeg

naplesbill

Reaction score
I take care of my truck; but it’s a truck and I use it like a truck. If it gets dirty, gets some scratches, it adds character. I sure as hell am not going to worry about fingerprints on the door.
Here’s my dirty ass truck to trigger you bois.
View attachment 25382

I agree. But I do close the door by using the rubber window channel molding. I also have a 66 Mustang, and I am much more concerned about people touching it too much. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread