Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

steve49

Reaction score
Changed the fuel filters yesterday, washed and waxed. Anybody got any good tips on filter changing to prevent a mess and diesel bath? I was a human wick! Would burn for six months! Opened petcock but still got a mess!
After opening the drain (clear rubber hose attached) and letting it run out, I slid a 1 gallon ziplock bag up around the rear filter housing, then the socket wrench to remove....., no mess any excess caught in bag.

DMC1

Reaction score
After opening the drain (clear rubber hose attached) and letting it run out, I slid a 1 gallon ziplock bag up around the rear filter housing, then the socket wrench to remove....., no mess any excess caught in bag.
EXCELLENT Idea!

CdnHO

Reaction score
Forgot to mention, on the front filter I removed the factory short drain hose and added a longer hose, rerouting it so it didn't run all over the front axle etc.
What size ID tubing did you use? C

steve49

Reaction score
What size ID tubing did you use? C
I watched a you tube video that said 1/2" ID for the front and 3/8" ID for the back. However the 3/8" ID tubing didn't fit tight so had to hold it up there while draining, I need to measure and get a smaller ID.

DasBoot

Reaction score

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
BAK Revolver X4S. Should be able to get a pic or two when it's installed.
Cool, I want a sturdy roll up also. Have that one on my list to consider, interested in how you like it.

Sponge60

Reaction score
Cool, I want a sturdy roll up also. Have that one on my list to consider, interested in how you like it.
Install was easy and took about 20 or 30 minutes. BAK has improved the design and the X4S apparently took care of an issue several customers had.

I like the latch system better than all of the other brands and types of covers I've owned. It fits well.

The aluminum slats seem sturdy and the matte vinyl cover goes well with my midnight edition.
20210909_163345.jpg20210909_163327.jpg20210909_162545.jpg20210909_162528.jpg

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
Install was easy and took about 20 or 30 minutes. BAK has improved the design and the X4S apparently took care of an issue several customers had.

I like the latch system better than all of the other brands and types of covers I've owned. It fits well.

The aluminum slats seem sturdy and the matte vinyl cover goes well with my midnight edition.
View attachment 21669View attachment 21670View attachment 21671View attachment 21672
That’s perty. Now go blast it with water and let me know how it holds up. :D

Users who are viewing this thread