Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
So if I disable my seatbelt warning with my APLHAOBD, I shouldn't have any worries and will no long need my seat belt extender?

mcarey

Reaction score
So if I disable my seatbelt warning with my APLHAOBD, I shouldn't have any worries and will no long need my seat belt extender?
I think you'd need to disable the Auto-Park feature, which may or may not be possible. Just disabling the warning would probably just stop it from beeping. (Note, this is strictly an assumption based on the name.)

mcarey

Reaction score
I love my softopper so far. The only issue I have had was after an hour long highway run followed up by ~45 minutes of decent dirt road driving, my straps came quite a bit loose. I was running it in "safari mode" though, with the rear and side panels up. Tying a knot with the tail up into the buckle seemed like it should work pretty well in mitigating that issue though. I do need to do more testing on that however, as I drove it back home with the sides buttoned down.

I still need to slide the whole damned thing back a bit I think. I'm a touch too close to the cab to fold it nicely. Problem is, I really like the gap with how it's set up now and don't want it to be any larger. I'm going to try to fold it with two people, releasing both the front and the rear at the same time and see if I can get it to fold up vertically, and then collapse it forward. If that works, great. If not it'll likely stay up unless I need it fully off, which is fine because I do keep a fairly expensive dog kennel back there, and don't need that thing cooking in the sun and very easily accessible all the time.

Scooter29

Reaction score
What did you do with the taken off Ram and 4x4 badges?
I actually still have them and was going to see if someone here would have any use for them. Don’t know if someone can buy just the foam adhesive for them or make their own.

lighthawk

Reaction score
Installed amp power steps. Absolutely love them!

They tuck up real nice.

THIS^^
Exactly what I have had on backorder since the beginning of June.

I just put on 35" tires and am planning a leveling kit, so I want a step.
And we need clearance so short of sliders, I don't want anything handing down there.

Nd79

Reaction score
I actually still have them and was going to see if someone here would have any use for them. Don’t know if someone can buy just the foam adhesive for them or make their own.
I would be interested in them, at the very least just to play with and see if I could make them usable again. Eventually I want to swap all my badges on my tradesman since it's the only chrome on the truck and I think it would look nice black.

garyh

Reaction score
I would be interested in them, at the very least just to play with and see if I could make them usable again. Eventually I want to swap all my badges on my tradesman since it's the only chrome on the truck and I think it would look nice black.
you can go to auto paint supply place or some autoparts stores and get doublesided emblem tape. I use it for re-using stick on wheel weights also.

Nd79

Reaction score
you can go to auto paint supply place or some autoparts stores and get doublesided emblem tape. I use it for re-using stick on wheel weights also.
Good to know, thanks! That's what I will look into.

Users who are viewing this thread