Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

MKEguy

Reaction score
Where did you get these? Please give more details.
Mudflaps are from Rekgen. They offer lots of different combination colors and several designs. They come standard 8" lengths below the mounting "mesh" but will do special orders for no extra (they arent cheap to begin with!) I ordered 12" lengths (two sets as they come in pairs rather than fours) and trimmed the front to match the distance that the rear was from the ground as they mounted at slightly different levels. Had to cut a little plastic in the wheel well and mod the mesh for a good fit.
My wheels only stick a couple inches beyond the factory flares but I like the way the mesh roles up the sides. Looks tough AF and keeps rocks from slapping the paint behind the front wheels. Set them low in the rear because I noticed chips in my camper's front fiberglass face.

Decals were from Ebay. Actually ordered some larger to see if they fill the lip a little more. The ones in the pic are the 6". 8" size will be replacing them soon.

"We The People"

Last edited:

MKEguy

Reaction score
My truck is in the shop this week getting wrapped. Xpel Wrap, Blacked out roof, also tinting the two front windows to match the back ones along with the front windshield. Here are some progress pics. Truck should be ready by Monday.
Is this a clear protective wrap, other than the roof? If so, did it add a matte or gloss sheen? Does it clean bugs and dirt easier/worse/same?

MKEguy

Reaction score
Soft-top?! Details?
Assembled and installed the Decked drawers. Pretty psyched to have some secure storage in the bed now. Anyone can open the Softopper. I threw the bed mat on top of it, mostly because there's no good spot in the garage for it at the moment. Will probably get removed once I add attachment points for holding down the fridge and batteries.

View attachment 19097

MKEguy

Reaction score
Drove through the Badlands in SD. Took a step out when this big boy walked up on me. I only wish I could have taken the pic from the outside while this stoic20210701_091544.jpg ram walked in front of my Ram but with a 150 foot cliff 10 feet to my rear from that vantage point, I decided not to test his territory.

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
Got the front windows tinted with 35% tint.
6d662f88c2e4be31a226b9cec2b574f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maiker

Reaction score
Is this a clear protective wrap, other than the roof? If so, did it add a matte or gloss sheen? Does it clean bugs and dirt easier/worse/same?
The whole truck is was wrapped in PPF. The rooftop is regular gloss black wrapping film. I must say, it’s really easy to clean. The shop recommended a ceramic coat treatment. I may do that myself and save some money.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
It may not have been running. Or there was no one in it.
I know it will move in neutral if it's running and you are sitting in the seat. I had my buddy sitting in it to steer when I was pretending my winch. Not sure if he had the seat belt on though.

As for driveing with the door open, I'll try using my seat belt cheaters/extenders. I have a set that were in my ford and they fit the Ram.
I used them in my Ford when driving on rough roads so I could take the seat belt off as it kept locking up on me.

OK, so I did a little test today.
With the door open, me sitting in the seat with my seat bely on, I can reverse the truck no problem.
With the door open, me sitting in the truck with the seat belt off, I can move the truck.
With the door open seat belt off and me standing up on the AMP step, the truck will not move.
With the door open, seat belt extender/cheater in place, me standing up on the AMP step, I can move the truck.

So key seems to be the seat belt has to be connected.

mcarey

Reaction score
OK, so I did a little test today.
With the door open, me sitting in the seat with my seat bely on, I can reverse the truck no problem.
With the door open, me sitting in the truck with the seat belt off, I can move the truck.
With the door open seat belt off and me standing up on the AMP step, the truck will not move.
With the door open, seat belt extender/cheater in place, me standing up on the AMP step, I can move the truck.

So key seems to be the seat belt has to be connected.
Where those all shifting from P > D/R?

The other day I jumped in to move it from the driveway into the garage, and the door was cracked, and it'd let me shift from P to D, but it would not move. Finally shutting the door let me pull in, seatbelt untouched.

mcarey

Reaction score
Googling something along the lines of "ram drive door open" brings up hundreds of threads on this. I'm just wrapping up my coffee, so I gotta get to working, but in the few I skimmed this is what I gathered:

The truck will automatically go into park when:
  1. seat belt is off
  2. door is open
  3. truck is in gear
  4. truck is moving (because you let your foot off the brake pedal)

Apparently it's a safety thing. People seem to get by it with a seatbelt extender, or very lightly feathering the brake pedal. Few people mentioned it will somewhat slam itself into park if you upset it.

May help with your tests.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
OK, key seems to be the seat belt.
As long as the seat belt is on, with the door open, I can shift from park to drive and got up to almost 10 MPH. The display shows a warning of the door being open.
I can connect my seat belt extender, door open, stand out on the AMP step, and can put it from park to drive and got up to 5 MPH before I stopped.

Only time the truck went to auto park was door open, sitting in the seat, no seat belt. Went from park to drive and when I started to move, truck went into autopark.

GBB

Reaction score
Disabled the seat belt alarm…never Experienced any of the above

Users who are viewing this thread