Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Nice ride! Sure wish I could find a car wash that was tall enough like this one. Tried Quick Quack but no go due to rims, they were worried about scratching them, guess they had a problem in the past.
I've been using these guys for over 20 years. They take good care of me and my trucks.
Wifes truck is even taller than mine. Just fits.
I was more worried about my mirrors hitting, they just clear.
But with the new truck, I drive it thru as it wont move when it neutral. ‍

gimmie11s

Reaction score
When installing the AMP Steps you need to purchase relocation brackets if you have the Air Suspension?
Still waiting for my truck but I already have the steps. Didn't know I needed any extra hardware.

Edit: I see now, I need the 79109-01A Relocation kit. Did you purchase the 79101-01A and have to modify it?
Was it much of a modification to make it work?

Yep, air trucks will need the tank and compressor moved up higher so the pass side step clears when retracted.

My truck required 79110-01a (19+ mega cab diesel) but for some reason i bought brackets for a 18-down mega diesel. The compressor brackets were the same and worked fine but the air tank on the 19+ trucks mounts differently than the earlier 4th gens so those brackets needed some work. I had to cut off the pressed in threaded stud, drill them out and install flat head bolts facing the opposite direction.

Kind of hard to explain without pics, but it wasnt bad.

Reactions: CFE

Mike67

Reaction score
I've been using these guys for over 20 years. They take good care of me and my trucks.
Wifes truck is even taller than mine. Just fits.
I was more worried about my mirrors hitting, they just clear.
But with the new truck, I drive it thru as it wont move when it neutral. ‍
Yeah, the anti-roll was a problem once for me. The week before I had the new tires and rims installed I was able to take the truck through Quick Quack and had an issue, truck locked up about mid-way. Must have rolled back from one of the rollers and it locked up. Didn't realize it at first until I felt a "bump". Was a minivan that came in behind me. I thought "great" truck is two weeks old and now I get rear-ended in the car wash. Mini van went under the receiver hitch and when I pulled away his bumper came off. Felt bad for the guy and tried to help him put it back on. He realized he rear ended me and we looked to see if there was any damage to my truck, nothing. I advised him we could exchange insurance, but didn't think it would go his way. We decided we would just leave it and go our own way. Felt bad for the guy, but what to do when he was behind me? If I had some cash on me I would have given it to him as a goodwill gesture. Rarely carry cash these days.

Couple weeks later and after I had the new rims and tires I went to the same Quick Quack and made sure I turned of the anti-roll back. Girl took a look at the rims and tires and said I couldn't go through. Been looking for a carwash ever since. Still wonder if the minivan guy was able to fix his front bumper.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I've been talking the wifes truck with 37x13.50 toyos on it thru the wash. They rub on both sides. But the guy lets me just drive it since the rollers wont work. Been doing it for years with no issues.

mwalsh9152

Reaction score
I vacuumed the mess I made in my interior when I accidentally put the windows down on the highway with a miter saw in the back seat. It blew EVERYWHERE. Then I put my Magnum headache rack on and prepped the truck for the vacation we are going on tomorrow....only to come in and be told that we're taking HER car on the trip that I will drive every mile of because it makes her less nauseous. What would make her less nauseous would be putting the phone away that she picks up every single time I drive. :mad:

RednBlack

Reaction score
I vacuumed the mess I made in my interior when I accidentally put the windows down on the highway with a miter saw in the back seat. It blew EVERYWHERE. Then I put my Magnum headache rack on and prepped the truck for the vacation we are going on tomorrow....only to come in and be told that we're taking HER car on the trip that I will drive every mile of because it makes her less nauseous. What would make her less nauseous would be putting the phone away that she picks up every single time I drive. :mad:
Oops.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Slvrhemi85

Reaction score
Got the wheels and bed cover put on just in time for the beach. 20x10 XD titan 863's on some 35x12.5's. Rough country 2.5 lift helps the wheels fit with the V2 shocks. Really impressed with the V2's

Attachments

• 20210725_102513.jpg
    20210725_102513.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 121
  • 20210725_102354.jpg
    20210725_102354.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 122
  • 20210725_195716.jpg
    20210725_195716.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 120

Nd79

Reaction score
Yeah, the anti-roll was a problem once for me. The week before I had the new tires and rims installed I was able to take the truck through Quick Quack and had an issue, truck locked up about mid-way. Must have rolled back from one of the rollers and it locked up. Didn't realize it at first until I felt a "bump". Was a minivan that came in behind me. I thought "great" truck is two weeks old and now I get rear-ended in the car wash. Mini van went under the receiver hitch and when I pulled away his bumper came off. Felt bad for the guy and tried to help him put it back on. He realized he rear ended me and we looked to see if there was any damage to my truck, nothing. I advised him we could exchange insurance, but didn't think it would go his way. We decided we would just leave it and go our own way. Felt bad for the guy, but what to do when he was behind me? If I had some cash on me I would have given it to him as a goodwill gesture. Rarely carry cash these days.

Couple weeks later and after I had the new rims and tires I went to the same Quick Quack and made sure I turned of the anti-roll back. Girl took a look at the rims and tires and said I couldn't go through. Been looking for a carwash ever since. Still wonder if the minivan guy was able to fix his front bumper.
What is this Anit-roll feature? I've never come across it.

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
For one, it will not let the truck roll in netural. So you cant use the rollers in the car wash to push the truck thru.
Also found out, you cant drive the truck with the door open. :mad:

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Odd. I don’t have any problem in N in a car wash that pushes me through on tracks. The truck will auto park if you try to move with a door open and the seat belt unhooked. The workaround is to hook up the seat belt and sit on it lol

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Odd. I don’t have any problem in N in a car wash that pushes me through on tracks. The truck will auto park if you try to move with a door open and the seat belt unhooked. The workaround is to hook up the seat belt and sit on it lol
’’sit on it’’ isn’t that what the Fonz used to say back in the day.:p

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
It may not have been running. Or there was no one in it.
I know it will move in neutral if it's running and you are sitting in the seat. I had my buddy sitting in it to steer when I was pretending my winch. Not sure if he had the seat belt on though.

As for driveing with the door open, I'll try using my seat belt cheaters/extenders. I have a set that were in my ford and they fit the Ram.
I used them in my Ford when driving on rough roads so I could take the seat belt off as it kept locking up on me.

Nd79

Reaction score
For one, it will not let the truck roll in netural. So you cant use the rollers in the car wash to push the truck thru.
Also found out, you cant drive the truck with the door open. :mad:
Oooh ok, it just clicked for me... You guys both have Hemi trucks right? An "auto park" feature or "anti-roll" would make sense working with the electronic dial shifter on that nice 8 speed in your trucks but not so much (as in how it would actually function/work) with a column-cable style shifter.

I have the SO diesel with the 68rfe. I haven't taken the truck through a car wash or rolled it in neutral yet but definitely have rolled forward with the door open a couple times and without my seatbelt, so I know that is possible with mine. That's a creative work around for the door open/driving with the seatbelt though!

I was wondering if this was something I was going to run into when the first occasion arose for me to roll forward in neutral. I'm guessing not though, at least with my setup.

DMC1

Reaction score
I bought seat belt extensions for mine. Actually helps with coats etc. Plus I open my door when backing up from time to time in the yard. Truck thinks belts are hooked up.

Slightlyhigh

Reaction score
My Limited Long Horn is Finally shaping up to the the truck I envisioned 4 months ago when I sat down an order it. Ceramic coating was applied this weekend an today bed cover was installed.

Attachments

• 20210726_155041.jpg
    20210726_155041.jpg
    487.7 KB · Views: 114
  • 20210726_155056.jpg
    20210726_155056.jpg
    555.9 KB · Views: 117
  • 20210726_155032.jpg
    20210726_155032.jpg
    587.6 KB · Views: 113
  • 20210726_155126.jpg
    20210726_155126.jpg
    735 KB · Views: 114
  • 20210726_155056.jpg
    20210726_155056.jpg
    555.9 KB · Views: 109

mwalsh9152

Reaction score
Don't you just have to have the truck in gear, and then open the door?
I havent tried that, but if I need to hop in and just pull it forward or back a few feet I have always just left the door open for as long as I have been driving.

Users who are viewing this thread