Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

whitexc

Reaction score
0fb6facc9e10283e4efa308b2a8fefa5.jpg

Thursday. 2021 Big Horn. Aside from the Hemi chirp and the front/rear park assist going haywire here and there it has been a great truck.

Must have let off the go pedal. 31 mpg. Not a chance.

Last edited:

JustMeAndMy3500

Reaction score
Any thoughts on what to do about the ugly pinch weld visible beneath the doors?
I have installed AMP powersteps but they disappear when retracted, revealing the pinch weld.
Get some rubber door seals or edging. Maybe the type that has an adhesive strip. Just spit-balling. I know I'm not remembering the other stuff but it's a pretty hard plastic, split to open up on one edge. Someone will pipe in.

Look this up on Ebay

Have one to sell?
Sell now

Similar Items​

See all
Feedback on our suggestions

Last edited:

flan

Reaction score
Get some rubber door seals or edging. Maybe the type that has an adhesive strip. Just spit-balling. I know I'm not remembering the other stuff but it's a pretty hard plastic, split to open up on one edge. Someone will pipe in.

Look this up on Ebay

Have one to sell?
Sell now

Similar Items​

See all
Feedback on our suggestions

That stuff will hold in dirt, salt and block the rocker panel drain holes. baaad idea. I tape off, scuff with 3m red pad and spray with matte black spray paint.

whitexc

Reaction score
That stuff will hold in dirt, salt and block the rocker panel drain holes. baaad idea. I tape off, scuff with 3m red pad and spray with matte black spray paint.

I was thinking the same as far as holding in the crap but aren’t the rocker drains up above the pinch welds? That lovely tape job they give us on our overpriced trucks.

Sent from me

choochoo

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies,
I think I'm going to mask it up and shoot some rhino liner / herculiner in a can over it.

flan

Reaction score
I was thinking the same as far as holding in the crap but aren’t the rocker drains up above the pinch welds? That lovely tape job they give us on our overpriced trucks.

Sent from me
The tape job are up above, block holes for mounting cab steps, etc, the drains are in the low point of the rockers.
Note tape job and drains;

B653A588-03C0-4B87-AD58-49A1B4935BFA.jpeg

R.Duff7

Reaction score
Next question.
Fuel filters front and rear, drain tube(s)?
The Front has a drain tube, but it's not to long. I just use a large spray bottle and put the tube in it and balance it on the front dif/axle.

For the rear I just found a hose I had laying around and pushed it on the little nipple and let it drain into a tub/bottle.

choochoo

Reaction score
The Front has a drain tube, but it's not to long. I just use a large spray bottle and put the tube in it and balance it on the front dif/axle.

For the rear I just found a hose I had laying around and pushed it on the little nipple and let it drain into a tub/bottle.
Thanks for the help I'll be looking for that hose on the front filter.

oledirteh

Reaction score
Thanks for the help I'll be looking for that hose on the front filter.

i have box of fuel line, i cut off a 2 ft section and slide it over the front tube to drain the filter. rear i gave up on trying. they put the housing right over the driveshaft so i just let the freedom ring cause no matter what it ends up a mess. if i feel like trying to be clean i prop a plastic bin on the drive shaft and do it that way.

steve49

Reaction score
I took the front filter drain hose off and replaced it with a longer hose, so it didn't run all over the frame/front diff. I use a hose on the rear filter and let it drain till it stops, remove hose, shut off valve and break houseing loose, then slip a gallon ziplock bag up around the filter and finish removing. Works good and very little to no mess.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
i have box of fuel line, i cut off a 2 ft section and slide it over the front tube to drain the filter. rear i gave up on trying. they put the housing right over the driveshaft so i just let the freedom ring cause no matter what it ends up a mess. if i feel like trying to be clean i prop a plastic bin on the drive shaft and do it that way.

Take an old washer fluid or similar jug with the bottom cut off to fit, punch a hole in the top cap to fit a socket extension through a grommet and use a socket.

diesel_driver_3500

Reaction score
Here's what I made. Absolutely clean filter replacement, without a single drop escaping!

Attachments

• IMG_20220808_140241_01.jpg
    IMG_20220808_140241_01.jpg
    505.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20220808_140255_01.jpg
    IMG_20220808_140255_01.jpg
    546.5 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20220808_140345_01.jpg
    IMG_20220808_140345_01.jpg
    474.2 KB · Views: 72

Users who are viewing this thread