Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

woody284

Reaction score
Got a few more pieces for my “project”, might do some “testing” today if the rain holds off.

Got a battery powered Tera pump for the titan sodekick and purchased the B&W 4” offset. Not sure if I need the offset as my current set up works but might need it for clearance with the sidekick. Anyhow, if the trailer sits ok and rides ok might start using the offset anyway, little bit of peace of mind…………

I’ll post follow up with clearance pics asap
Saw a video of someone using one of the transfer style pumps like this at a gas station that their fifth wheel would not fit under the canopy. They were pumping fuel into a 5 gallon jug continuous and using the transfer pump from the can to the truck. Kinda smart thinking outside the box.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Got a few more pieces for my “project”, might do some “testing” today if the rain holds off.

Got a battery powered Tera pump for the titan sodekick and purchased the B&W 4” offset. Not sure if I need the offset as my current set up works but might need it for clearance with the sidekick. Anyhow, if the trailer sits ok and rides ok might start using the offset anyway, little bit of peace of mind…………

I’ll post follow up with clearance pics asap
That sounds like an interesting work around...
Please make sure to post up how it works!

Grateful Dad

Reaction score
That sounds like an interesting work around...
Please make sure to post up how it works!
Will do. I’ll mount the Sidekick in the next day or so. I went out today and hooked up the 5v’r to verify clearances with the bed cover and GenY , can still turn as far as I could before and no contact so I’m pretty stoked about that.

whitexc

Reaction score
Will do. I’ll mount the Sidekick in the next day or so. I went out today and hooked up the 5v’r to verify clearances with the bed cover and GenY , can still turn as far as I could before and no contact so I’m pretty stoked about that.

Cool stuff. Anything to get extra fuel range on these short bed Hemi trucks. Let us know how you make out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grateful Dad

Reaction score
Cool stuff. Anything to get extra fuel range on these short bed Hemi trucks. Let us know how you make out.

I hear ya. I decided this route since most of our trips are between 120-300 miles. I can usually go about 200 miles before I start worrying about finding fuel. Our trip to the Fl gulf coast has been the farthest (about 370 miles one way) so we’re not typically going long ranges. I did find a 43 and 46 gallon tank rated for gas that would fit under my cover and still allow the front pucks to be utilized but right now I don’t need that much range so it didn’t seem reasonable to spend the $$$ going that route. Not to mention worrying about gas going bad since I don’t daily the truck right now. With the factory tank and sidekick I figure to have about 41 useable gallons (with a little reserve) so at worst getting 7 mpg that’s 287 miles.

.genomer

Reaction score
Prepping for the RSI cap I ordered last month... Took the plunge and installed this Brandmotion Fullvue today. Can be used as a normal mirror when off and records from the front/rear cameras. Only hangup is the rain sensing function from the original mirror, otherwise crystal clear and a 60fps refresh rate. Didn't even need to modify the back bumper. Love it so far!
20230312_134851.jpg
20230312_135102.jpg20230311_123012.jpg

whitexc

Reaction score
I hear ya. I decided this route since most of our trips are between 120-300 miles. I can usually go about 200 miles before I start worrying about finding fuel. Our trip to the Fl gulf coast has been the farthest (about 370 miles one way) so we’re not typically going long ranges. I did find a 43 and 46 gallon tank rated for gas that would fit under my cover and still allow the front pucks to be utilized but right now I don’t need that much range so it didn’t seem reasonable to spend the $$$ going that route. Not to mention worrying about gas going bad since I don’t daily the truck right now. With the factory tank and sidekick I figure to have about 41 useable gallons (with a little reserve) so at worst getting 7 mpg that’s 287 miles.

I typically have to pee before 300 miles so that seems great. How much was the sidekick?

Andersen24

Reaction score
So the other day I was driving down I-5 in CA and thought I smelled electrical burning. This was right after I had done all the installs on my BD lights. It ended up being a smoldering debris fire on the side of the highway, but it made me realize I didn’t have a fire extinguisher in my truck and it would suck to lose the truck over something small that I could have put out. I ended up ordering a 5lb extinguisher and put it in the RamBox, but it kept rolling around and making all sorts of noise. I had to wedge things on the side to get it to stop rolling around. That annoyed me, so I ended up cutting a 4.3” diameter hole in my drivers side rear ram box divider and it slides in there perfectly. I use the thumb hole for the nozzle and it is actually pretty secure this way. B9465697-D7A2-476B-A4EB-28E9BD245CB9.jpeg2EACA2CF-B2A6-42EB-B0FF-8D5A1F285A79.jpegB4F1CA43-6F07-482E-A71D-68E5535432D6.jpegC0601D1F-C3AB-49CC-90D2-B4C18E87798C.jpeg6B5830E2-C69B-4A2C-B19B-859C0D5DCA32.jpeg1D1664DD-DE4E-4B67-98D4-6FF4A071FE43.jpeg

NHOverland

Reaction score
So the other day I was driving down I-5 in CA and thought I smelled electrical burning. This was right after I had done all the installs on my BD lights. It ended up being a smoldering debris fire on the side of the highway, but it made me realize I didn’t have a fire extinguisher in my truck and it would suck to lose the truck over something small that I could have put out. I ended up ordering a 5lb extinguisher and put it in the RamBox, but it kept rolling around and making all sorts of noise. I had to wedge things on the side to get it to stop rolling around. That annoyed me, so I ended up cutting a 4.3” diameter hole in my drivers side rear ram box divider and it slides in there perfectly. I use the thumb hole for the nozzle and it is actually pretty secure this way. View attachment 53266View attachment 53267View attachment 53269View attachment 53270View attachment 53271View attachment 53272
I Have 3 Element extinguishers in my truck for this fear right here!
PSX_20230313_160744.jpg

phatboy64

Reaction score
So not so much What I Did to My Truck Today but what is piling up in my garage ready to install when it gets here in the next week or so. Can't wait to start getting this stuff installed..

• Carli Sway Bar
  • Carli 3.25 Commuter lift
  • Carli front diff cover
  • Front steering stabilizers (not ordered yet - brand TBD)
  • Fuel Assault gloss black with milled spoke edges (20x9 20 offset)
  • Nitto Ridge Grapplers 37X12.5X20
  • Husky mud flaps
  • AVE window visors
  • AVS Aeroshield lightshield Pro

44Dan44

Reaction score
So not so much What I Did to My Truck Today but what is piling up in my garage ready to install when it gets here in the next week or so. Can't wait to start getting this stuff installed..

• Carli Sway Bar
  • Carli 3.25 Commuter lift
  • Carli front diff cover
  • Front steering stabilizers (not ordered yet - brand TBD)
  • Fuel Assault gloss black with milled spoke edges (20x9 20 offset)
  • Nitto Ridge Grapplers 37X12.5X20
  • Husky mud flaps
  • AVE window visors
  • AVS Aeroshield lightshield Pro
The piles is real ;) Holding off on my wheels and tires for a few weeks, waiting on a price drop that isn't coming.
IMG_0697.JPG

phatboy64

Reaction score
The piles is real ;) Holding off on my wheels and tires for a few weeks, waiting on a price drop that isn't coming.
View attachment 53318
I know the feeling. I am getting jealous of everyone doing cool things to their trucks…plus my wife is catching on to all the stuff I am ordering because of the pile of stuff is growing

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Welp, I went ahead and flipped it...zero difference.
If I slide it over to the driver side more, I won't get full lock to that side.

I guess it will just have to be at a wonky angle...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Perfectly obvious response that I missed... and looking at the Synergy website, it appears I'm supposed to have a stabilizer relocation bracket... which I do *not* have.
I ordered through CJC so will be contacting them first....

So last week I contacted CJC who stated that I am *not* missing the relocation bracket... Synergy updated the kit about two weeks after I bought it :rolleyes:

They went on to say it is a known issue with some trucks and to rotate it down 'just enough' to clear... they did state if I don't rotate it enough it will hit the joint and if I rotate it too far, it will bind up the shock. :rolleyes:
CJC did say they would work with me on the price for the brackets if I decide to change them out.

So contacted Synergy about the 'fix' and they stated that really isn't the best option (for the reasons I mentioned) which is why they updated the kit with a new bracket and stabilizer clamp.
Called back to CJC, true to their word, they worked with me on the price and shipped both the new axle bracket and new stabilizer clamp.

Did have to drop the driver side track bar to access the top nuts on the bracket, but otherwise pretty straight forward.
The new bracket sets the shock 2" to the driver's side and maybe 1/4" away from the axle.
The new stabilizer bracket is beefy...

Final install will be done when I have an extra set of hands to help with turning the steering wheel (lock to lock) so I can mark the location for the stabilizer clamp.

1678914191937.png 1678914295640.png

1678914359104.png 1678914760479.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread