Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Trevor73402

Reaction score
What a day….. truck has less than 1000 miles on it. Today the tire shop f**ked up every one of my wheels. I took it in to have some Toyo 255/80’s installed. They scratched up and cut deep gouges into every wheel. All the way around. After taking over 3hrs to mount and balance because they said the sidewalls of my Toyo tires were just way too stiff and wouldn’t get on the bead. I’m not a very calm person and I have zero tolerance for ********. So when I walked out there and saw what they had done to my wheels, I was far beyond mad. I refused to leave before they put in writing that they would replace all the wheels. I have a feeling this is going to get worse before it’s fixed. At this point, I don’t care what it cost in court/lawyer fees. I’ll take it to the limit if they don’t make this right. Aside from that, the truck looks good with the new rubber. Thuren level kit will be here tomorrow.

Attachments

• 4085BF18-9CD6-4B7E-A8D3-527042AC6E51.jpeg
    4085BF18-9CD6-4B7E-A8D3-527042AC6E51.jpeg
    416.9 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

The1adman

Reaction score
What a day….. truck has less than 1000 miles on it. Today the tire shop f**ked up everyone of my wheels. I took it in to have some Toyo 255/80’s installed. They scratched up and cut deep gouges into every wheel. All the way around. After taking over 3hrs to mount and balance because they said the sidewalls of my Toyo tires were just way too stiff and wouldn’t get on the bead. I’m not a very calm person and I have zero tolerance for ********. So when I walked out there and saw what they had done to my wheels, I was far beyond mad. I refused to leave before they put in writing that they would replace all the wheels. I have a feeling this is going to get worse before it’s fixed. At this point, I don’t care what it cost in court/lawyer fees. I’ll take it to the limit if they don’t make this right. Aside from that, the truck looks good with the new rubber. Thuren level kit will be here tomorrow.
Your truck looks great. I feel for you, had the same thing happen to me after getting my wheels powder coated and tires mounted. Discount tire is who damaged my wheels, they didn't exactly make it right and I lived with 4 scratched/dinged up wheels. Hold them to it and good luck.

Trevor73402

Reaction score
What a day….. truck has less than 1000 miles on it. Today the tire shop f**ked up every one of my wheels. I took it in to have some Toyo 255/80’s installed. They scratched up and cut deep gouges into every wheel. All the way around. After taking over 3hrs to mount and balance because they said the sidewalls of my Toyo tires were just way too stiff and wouldn’t get on the bead. I’m not a very calm person and I have zero tolerance for ********. So when I walked out there and saw what they had done to my wheels, I was far beyond mad. I refused to leave before they put in writing that they would replace all the wheels. I have a feeling this is going to get worse before it’s fixed. At this point, I don’t care what it cost in court/lawyer fees. I’ll take it to the limit if they don’t make this right. Aside from that, the truck looks good with the new rubber. Thuren level kit will be here tomorrow.
Just wanted to update this. They called me this morning. Had a new set of wheels from the local Dodge dealership ready for me to pick up. I took the truck to a different shop and they paid for the change out and mount/balance. This ended up a lot better than I anticipated. I’ll never go back there, but I will say the shop manager handled the situation as best she could.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Just wanted to update this. They called me this morning. Had a new set of wheels from the local Dodge dealership ready for me to pick up. I took the truck to a different shop and they paid for the change out and mount/balance. This ended up a lot better than I anticipated. I’ll never go back there, but I will say the shop manager handled the situation as best she could.
That's a nice fast resolution. Glad it was relatively simple.

dieselscout80

Reaction score
I instaled my Boost Auto heated convex mirrors last night.

l doubt that it is possible that the motor to adjust the convex mirror is actually there, but I snapped a picture to see what others would say.

Attachments

• 889600AC-2923-4E59-A493-9117D66B7B4B.jpeg
    889600AC-2923-4E59-A493-9117D66B7B4B.jpeg
    549.6 KB · Views: 81
  • 70FC692E-7B5F-492E-841A-CC19ED06C2EE.jpeg
    70FC692E-7B5F-492E-841A-CC19ED06C2EE.jpeg
    413.8 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

IndyRamMega

Reaction score
happened to me at belle tire.....they bought me 4 new wheels....an expensive day for them....

Trevor73402

Reaction score
Melbatoast got detailed today. Inside and out. I even waxed it (with spray wax). Thuren/Fox level kit is here. I just haven’t had the motivation to start wrenching on it yet. I have a feeling those new springs are gonna be tough to get in the buckets. So far I’m really lovin this truck.

Attachments

• 963F9CA7-6860-4E98-96B2-40902881A943.jpeg
    963F9CA7-6860-4E98-96B2-40902881A943.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 44

Users who are viewing this thread