Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are some must haves in your truck and where do you keep them?

farmallboy

Stump Killer
Reaction score
Saw in most posts about carrying a first aid kit. Attended a first aid class at work some time ago (when I was working that is). The instructor emphasized this point and had a couple in his. Kotex.....he said there was nothing on the market that would soak up blood better. For severe wounds that were gushers, he said just start stacking them up until things coagulated. Let the jokes commence.

Facts is facts. I would say that’s a great shareable piece of advice.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Hello All, what are your thoughts on RHINO tow staps, recovery straps for Ram 3500 SRW
I wouldn’t spend my money on “rhino USA” anything.

First off, They do their very very best to try to make you think their products are made in USA. But, in fact, all of their products are made in China. Deception is never good business practice

Secondly, they have been caught lying about their lab test strength ratings. @el_barto has documented proof of this

That being said, I have a few of their D rings and a snatch block that I received as a repayment for mine being lost while recovering someone. The d rings seem fine, the snatch block is a backup to a backup.

If going cheap, I’d buy smittybilt over rhino.

For the most part, I spend the extra coin on warn products. Their support is phenomenal even if they had some communication issues during covid.

Ymmv

22RAMAlazan

Reaction score
I wouldn’t spend my money on “rhino USA” anything.

First off, They do their very very best to try to make you think their products are made in USA. But, in fact, all of their products are made in China. Deception is never good business practice

Secondly, they have been caught lying about their lab test strength ratings. @el_barto has documented proof of this

That being said, I have a few of their D rings and a snatch block that I received as a repayment for mine being lost while recovering someone. The d rings seem fine, the snatch block is a backup to a backup.

If going cheap, I’d buy smittybilt over rhino.

For the most part, I spend the extra coin on warn products. Their support is phenomenal even if they had some communication issues during covid.

Ymmv
Thank you for this! Rhino has bright colors and all their advertising IS IN YOUR FACE THE BEST!!!!! however I never heard of them. So for good quality long lasting reliable....you say go Warn?

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Thank you for this! Rhino has bright colors and all their advertising IS IN YOUR FACE THE BEST!!!!! however I never heard of them. So for good quality long lasting reliable....you say go Warn?
Honestly, I don’t really know you or your background at all so I can’t tell you to spend hundreds of dollars on a snatch block / rope whatever. but I will say this

If somebody is just getting into four wheeling and off-roading a smittybilt “recovery kit” would serve them well. Upgrade parts of the kit as you see fit. Hell I still have an old harbor freight snatch strap or two that are still good.

If you were lifelong into this hobby and locked in for the long haul, then you may as well buy once cry once and buy the best stuff on the market. WARN/ARB something like that which will last forever and you can pass down

Last edited:

22RAMAlazan

Reaction score
Honestly, I don’t really know you or your background at all so I can’t tell you to spend hundreds of dollars on a snatch block / rope whatever. but I will say this

If somebody is just getting into four wheeling and off-roading a smittybilt “recovery kit” would serve them well. Upgrade parts of the kit as you see fit. Hell I still have an old harbor freight snatch strap or two that are still good.

If you were lifelong into this hobby and locked in for the long haul, then you may as well buy once cry once and buy the best stuff on the market. WARN/ARB something like that which will last forever and you can pass down
Thank you! I am not hardcore 4 wheeling but just in case I get stuck here and there.....handful of times a year. I want to be sure I have decent stuff thanks!

TURK007

Reaction score
I thought it would be fun to see what everyone thinks they need to have in their trucks at all times, and which storage spots are great for what!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I keep a bag with items like toilet paper, first aid kit, batteries for all my devices, knives, water bottles, shaving gear, spare uw, (never know), memo pad or wheelbook for you military guys (like me) Pens, small flashlights, a taser (again you never know). In my box in the truck bed I keep a rubber mallet, coveralls, jumper cables, a empty gas container, come alongs, WD 40, a emergency tool kit and tire inflator, etc.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I keep a bag with items like toilet paper, first aid kit, batteries for all my devices, knives, water bottles, shaving gear, spare uw, (never know), memo pad or wheelbook for you military guys (like me) Pens, small flashlights, a taser (again you never know). In my box in the truck bed I keep a rubber mallet, coveralls, jumper cables, a empty gas container, come alongs, WD 40, a emergency tool kit and tire inflator, etc.
Some odd things in this kit. Lol no judgement.

Users who are viewing this thread