Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are some must haves in your truck and where do you keep them?

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Funny you mention this, over the last couple of years that some people become " woke" I see a lot of company's have employed young media graduates to do advertising and it seems their personal opinion seeps into the ads. I'm an old (62) conservative craft beer guy and and the majority of a craft brew business is the 21-50 year range. A lot of their social media ads bashed on the last administration. I find it odd that the boss lets this happen as a full 50% of the U.S.A. population voted for the conservatives. Wouldn't one think a for profit business would want to get as many customers as possible? I know that many have lost my $$ over this. All they had to do is stay nonpolitical.
Craft brew and a Ram owner. Two things raise you up in my eyes! The craft brew industry has really been leaning towards the woke crowd the last few years. Half my social media is craft beer people and they are quick to jump on anything not PC. Frustrating sometimes. Don't dare name a beer wrong! Or worse try and defend a name that was never intended to be anything other than funny. I have seen it a lot in our San Diego beer scene.

I was looking at my truck and I carry a lot more than I listed. I just don't think is essential I guess. If I had a Mega my essential list would be longer. LOL

McHenry2500

Reaction score
The #1 thing that stays in my truck, hidden and secured, at all times is spare keys for everything that is not my house. Storage unit, boat, camper, various hitch locks, etc. Can't tell you how many times I had to run home to go get keys.

This is probably the smartest answer. I'm a little embarrassed to admit how long it took me to learn this lesson. Now I have a large key ring that has 20ish keys for various places, properties, and storage units that lives in my truck.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Craft brew and a Ram owner. Two things raise you up in my eyes! The craft brew industry has really been leaning towards the woke crowd the last few years. Half my social media is craft beer people and they are quick to jump on anything not PC. Frustrating sometimes. Don't dare name a beer wrong! Or worse try and defend a name that was never intended to be anything other than funny. I have seen it a lot in our San Diego beer scene.

I was looking at my truck and I carry a lot more than I listed. I just don't think is essential I guess. If I had a Mega my essential list would be longer. LOL
That’s why I drink coors banquet in the tan can. Colorado koolaid as Johnny paycheck would call it

Dart

Reaction score
I was tired of knowing I had it but couldn't remember where I stowed it, so I made this up...
View attachment 15869
This is an Awesome idea! I am beginning to spend more and more time looking for things that, an indeterminate number of years ago, I knew the precise locations of. Annoying but not unexpected (age).

Frank

Reaction score
Ah Frank.......your time is coming on the TP remark......lol! Better to have and not need"............I 2nd the keys, god knows how many times I have left needed keys at home.
Socks, man. You have two of them. We can't grow corn in the Ozarks and hay just doesn't do a very good job.

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
Socks, man. You have two of them. We can't grow corn in the Ozarks and hay just doesn't do a very good job.
100% agree on hay, better at making poop than taking poop off.

Sir Snacksalot

Reaction score
Who else will be keeping everything they own in their truck?

My camper is just about finished, I am working right now to close my business and sell my home along with virtually everything I own.

Hope you are doing it because you want to and not because you have to!

Either way not gonna lie I am a little jealous...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ckreef

Reaction score
. 40 cal w/ extra mag. Both loaded with personal protection rounds.

I too have a seat belt cutter/glass breaker tool.

Safety vest and road side safety lights (flares in the old days).

Jumper cables.

Full set of camper keys.

Car vacuum.

Detailing rags and drying towels.

2 large bath towels incase me and Mrs skreef go hiking and come back muddy. To put on the seats. Don't want to muddy the seats.

Torque wrench and socket to remove my 5th wheel hitch.

2 1/2" to 2" hitch reducer.

Kryptonight chain and lock.

Umbrella for the Mrs.

Eatonpcat

Reaction score
1 waffle maker
2 copies Catcher in the Rye
tennis racket
golf balls
hotdog buns
HDMI cable
toothbrush
inkjet printer
3 D cell batteries
inflatable chase lounge
1 sock
olive oil

This is all I need...And my dog chithead!

Skooter76

Reaction score
This is all I need...And my dog chithead!
That is a great name for a dog. I'm going to name my next lab Dammit. My wife is a fanatic about clean so a must have for us (me and Ruger) is a couple old bed sheets to cover everything in the back seat. He sheds a LOT.

Eatonpcat

Reaction score
That is a great name for a dog. I'm going to name my next lab Dammit. My wife is a fanatic about clean so a must have for us (me and Ruger) is a couple old bed sheets to cover everything in the back seat. He sheds a LOT.

My Lab sheds too, Occasionally I will see a tumbleweed of fur blowing down the hall!

Greenhills

Reaction score
1.) Plug Kit
2.) Air Compressor (not sure if im keeping this truck so dont want to commit to onboard air)
3.) Zip Ties
4.) 35k rated recovery strap
5.) Tire Sealant (slime)
6.) 12 ton bottle jack to replace the **** factory jack. Anyone ever tried to use that useless POS?
7.) Long leads for walking my dogs
8.) $100 cash tucked away
9.) Leather gloves
10.) Hunting Knife

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
My storage bin from Costco (under the tonneau) has:
Blankets
Non-perishable food
Water
30 foot booster cable (with quick disconnect)
Tow strap
First aid kit
Air compressor
Spare clothes for the kids
Towels
Small tool kit
Small Jack from walmart
Two small lights

el_barto

Reaction score
The must haves:
First Aid Kit
Fire extinguisher
Headlamp + spare batteries
Jump Start pack
Snow brush/ice scraper
Drinking water
Snacks
Winter gloves
Work gloves
Space blanket
Jacket
TP
Tie down Straps
Zip ties
Basic tool kit with sockets, torx bits, Phillips + flathead screw drivers, trim tool, mini flathead screw driver for electrical connectors, etc
Paper mapbooks
Cash for a tank of gas

The nice-to-haves
Air compressor
Shovel
Rain gear
Extra boots + socks
Sunscreen
Spare sunglasses
Tarp
Quart of oil and funnel
Self Fusing high temp silicone tape