Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are people using for leveling/lift kits?

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I’m not saying it’s a bad kit. It’s a great kit. But, it’s not for me. I keep adding weight to my truck. I will be keeping the heavy factory springs.

psmura

Reaction score
i am the same i will be putting a 1" in the rear only because with the snow chief i have some extra height in the front and i want more rake for when im towing the gooseneck and 5th wheels it does not look level with minimal load
Snow Chief sits higher in the front than other Rams? I do remember reading somewhere that the spring rates up front may be different.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Snow Chief sits higher in the front than other Rams? I do remember reading somewhere that the spring rates up front may be different.
Yep from what i can tell my front end is about 1.5” higher than a couple friends trucks one is a gasser one is a cummins both without plow pkg and both sit lower

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
You only lose payload if you put the rear springs in. And the ride quality improvement is worth it to me. I can't justify spending 90k on a truck and putting a 2 inch piece of metal that costs $80 on top of my already c*ck stiff stock springs. That's just me.
These trucks ride like caddys compared to any other 3/4 ton i have owned i just went from a 1ton with over load springs i cant believe how nice of a ride this has from the factory.....

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
These trucks ride like caddys compared to any other 3/4 ton i have owned i just went from a 1ton with over load springs i cant believe how nice of a ride this has from the factory.....
I agree 100%. At least until you hit a large bump, dip, or try to make a quick emergency lane change. The Carli Suspension on my old truck saved me a couple of times from some of the unattentive drivers here in SoCal. I was surprised a lifted truck handled better than stock.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
If I was going to tow much though it would be left mostly stock suspension.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Got the Traxada 1” in the mail today. Looks like it’ll do the job. If I don’t go wheelin this weekend I may install them.
Can you get me a measurement across the top and the tubing on bottom

if i can get the measurements then i can just make a set on the cnc plasma

abillerbeck

Reaction score
Any update on the Traxada 1" spacers? Install experience, ride quality difference, alignment, pictures, etc.

DontSlamMyRam

Reaction score
I looked at the Traxda 1" way back when I bought my '19. I'll be waiting for a report on feelings after install. I think it would be a good inexpensive option and leave my truck still level when towing. Actually can you say it sux so I can justify the Thuren setup??

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I looked at the Traxda 1" way back when I bought my '19. I'll be waiting for a report on feelings after install. I think it would be a good inexpensive option and leave my truck still level when towing. Actually can you say it sux so I can justify the Thuren setup??
I’m sure it doesn’t suck. It will ride the same, it’ll just be a hair taller than it is up front.

I just wanted to gain a little more back than what I lost with my bumper/winch and keep at least one inch of rake. This ticks those boxes perfectly.

Rampaging-mn

Reaction score
I went with the 5.5 inch BDS, kept the standard NX shocks as ill do fox duals later on. I dont really offroad much but I enjoy the visuals of a lifted truck.

Users who are viewing this thread