Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vinyl Floors + Floor mats?? Carpet —> Vinyl conversion

Nd79

Reaction score
I have the exact same vinyl floors with the same connectors with the husky mats
With my part number it actually shows chose that the maths are supposed to you have the circular or connectors not just the little nipple like yours have
I got got the right part number but the maths don't have the circular connectorIt has the little nipple top like yours Yet on the bottom it's not a round connector it's square And there's no way that they pop in I've tried and tried
So I contacted husky they emailed me and asked for a photo Of the mat in my truck and the bottom part number or on the Mat
The mat has a different part number than the Box the Box so who knows maybe somebody returned it and it got missed boxed
I emailed off a photo to husky
I'm just wondering with the vinyl floors and those round attachments how you got that round nipple to fit into that mat in the photo that you posted
In the attached photo is what my part number comes up as As you can see in the photo it has the wrong connector
I hope that made sense
The new mats should just snap onto the nipples that are part of the floor of the truck with a hard push. Sounds like they might have sent you the wrong mats? Should be a circular hole on the mats.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Interesting. When I bought mine 6 years ago, the huskys were soft molded rubber. The weathertechs at the time we're more of a rigid plastic.
Mine are the same as what you are thinking. I currently have a set of husky exact contours and a set of weathertech HP’s for the truck, and my daughter has the regular weathertechs for her car.
The husky exact contours are a soft, heavy, pliable rubber. You could fold them in half, and park a car on them in sub zero temps, and they will go right back to shape and lay down the way they are supposed to.
The HP’s are weathertech’s attempt at making a mat like the exact contours, but failed, as they are still more rigid and plastic like.
The regular weathertechs are straight up plastic junk. My work boots slip all over the place on them, and they curl up around the edges in the cold.

Danny Cameo

Reaction score
The new mats should just snap onto the nipples that are part of the floor of the truck with a hard push. Sounds like they might have sent you the wrong mats? Should be a circular hole on the mats.
That is what I Figured
I've been using husky liners in my jeeps for for years and with the circular floor connectors they always just popped right in
They are the exact same connectors floor connectors I mean in my jeeps as they are in the power wagon
The ones I got from the dealership when I bought the power wagon are fairly good they got high coverage somebody posted a photo of them and and my only complaint with those is they don't come out far enough as the huskies do To Protect the door stills
I'd like to keep the stock Mopar mats Matt's in mint condition in case I sell the Truck
The rear Mopar Matt's I think are actually better than the huskies I got the correct rear ones and they're only held down by gravity now the ones I got with the Truck actually connect to the nipples on the floor and they hold really well and come up high Against the bottom of the seat

kevin588127

Reaction score
Mine are the same as what you are thinking. I currently have a set of husky exact contours and a set of weathertech HP’s for the truck, and my daughter has the regular weathertechs for her car.
The husky exact contours are a soft, heavy, pliable rubber. You could fold them in half, and park a car on them in sub zero temps, and they will go right back to shape and lay down the way they are supposed to.
The HP’s are weathertech’s attempt at making a mat like the exact contours, but failed, as they are still more rigid and plastic like.
The regular weathertechs are straight up plastic junk. My work boots slip all over the place on them, and they curl up around the edges in the cold.
Yes mine are the same and I love them. I looked and now see that husky makes two different series. Not sure what mine are as they were the only one offered at the time. I much prefer the softer rubber to the hard plastic.

Danny Cameo

Reaction score
This is what they should look like the weather beaters
Yes that's not what they look like

Attachments

• 41kpfC9yA8L._AC_SY780_.jpg
    41kpfC9yA8L._AC_SY780_.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 9

G’Dave

Reaction score
this is my concern. I work outside and love my weather tech liners because the edges all have bowls that hold everything and go all the way to the door. I saw the oem ones in a video and it looks like they have massive gaps of carpet all around. Wish I would ordered the truck with vinyl but didn’t cause I didn’t want them to slide but I guess that’s not the case

I may be wrong here, but when I ordered my Laramie earlier this year, I couldn’t find an option for carpet delete. I was looking for it because I had seen a new Tradesman on the lot with vinyl seats and vinyl flooring, and really liked it.
Anyway, I have the Husky Xact Contour mats and am very impressed with them.

7ac69707045c973412e783c9b64d3487.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danny Cameo

Reaction score
I emailed husky and turns out the wrong product was in the right Box
So I had the right Box with the right part number but the wrong part in the Box so that's why they didn't have the round snaps they're sending me out the proper ones with the return label

Danny Cameo

Reaction score
They put the wrong mats in the right Box husky sent me a new set

44Dan44

Reaction score
2 main reasons I chose a Tradesman, I love the grille the best of all the options (specifically for how I want the truck to look after some mods) and vinyl seats and floor. I ordered carpet delete in a 2017 F350 Lariat and loved it, nephew ordered a 22 F450 Platinum carpet delete and loves it. How in the world dog hair threads itself deep into carpet as if it was put in like a needle and thread goes is a mystery to me that I can't solve but I can mitigate.

AndyBern

Reaction score
I ordered carpet delete, but it came with carpet anyway. The dealer said the premium seats forced it to carpet. Doesn't sound right to me. Anyway, the Husky Xact Contour looks good.

kevin588127

Reaction score
I ordered carpet delete, but it came with carpet anyway. The dealer said the premium seats forced it to carpet. Doesn't sound right to me. Anyway, the Husky Xact Contour looks good.
Sounds wrong to me. When I ordered, you could get the carpet delete in a Laramie.

Users who are viewing this thread