Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[UPDATED] Adding Front ParkSense on a Tradesman

01Time

Reaction score
[UPDATE] Install complete, see post #6 for further details.

My 2020 3500 Tradesman came with rear parking sensors, but not the front.

I'd like to add the front sensors to my truck. I'm trying to narrow down the parts I would need and the parts' websites are too vague to completely rely on. Since I have rear ParkSense, would the front sensors use this same module - or would I need to add one specific to the front sensors? Assuming I would need a separate module, are these the parts that I would need:
  • Instrument Panel Switch -----(p/n ? 68309262AD ?) -> [UPDATE) See post #12 for full list of Instrument Panel Switches
  • Park Assist Module ----------(p/n ? 68366716AF ?)
  • Park Assist Sensor (qty 4) ---(p/n ?5YV68TZZAA ?)
  • Park Assist Sensor (qty 2) ---(p/n ? 6MK25TZZAA ?)
  • Front Facia Wiring -----------(p/n ? 68377332AD ?)
  • Fog Lamp Bezel Kit ----------(p/n ? 68449343AA ?)
  • Lower Grille -----------------(p/n ? 68384294AA ?)

Last edited:

01Time

Reaction score
did you ever get this mod complete? if so did it work out ?
Coincidentally, I ran all the wiring for it last night (along with the wiring for LED fog lights and premium LED headlights). Today, I'm going to install the parts. So, hopefully later today I can report back that it's installed and working. If everything goes as planned I'll include a write up with all of the info if anyone else wants to add it.

01Time

Reaction score
Today, I'm going to install the parts. So, hopefully later today I can report back that it's installed and working. If everything goes as planned I'll include a write up with all of the info if anyone else wants to add it.
Quick update...

The lower grille is secured in the bumper with eighteen bolts (that look to be the same 8mm bolts that secure the fog light bezels) that bound the entire perimeter of the lower grille. The bolts can only be accessed from behind the grille. I couldn't get to them without taking the truck more apart and I ran out of time tonight.

I'll try accessing the lower grille bolts with the radiator (main) grille off this weekend as I'll be swapping the grille and headlights and can hopefully get everything knocked out then. If not, I'll need to find a shop to remove the bumper for me because I couldn't break the tow hook (24mm) and bumper bolts (18mm) when I tried earlier.

I'd prefer to get the bumper off because it would be much easier to swap the lower grille and it would be the best way to secure the wiring.

01Time

Reaction score
did you ever get this mod complete? if so did it work out ?

Quick update...

The lower grille is secured in the bumper with eighteen bolts (that look to be the same 8mm bolts that secure the fog light bezels) that bound the entire perimeter of the lower grille. The bolts can only be accessed from behind the grille. I couldn't get to them without taking the truck more apart and I ran out of time tonight.

I'll try accessing the lower grille bolts with the radiator (main) grille off this weekend as I'll be swapping the grille and headlights and can hopefully get everything knocked out then. If not, I'll need to find a shop to remove the bumper for me because I couldn't break the tow hook (24mm) and bumper bolts (18mm) when I tried earlier.

I'd prefer to get the bumper off because it would be much easier to swap the lower grille and it would be the best way to secure the wiring.

I swapped the main grille and headlights this past weekend and so I had most of the front end apart. I couldn't find a way to access the far outside bolts in the lower grille; they were blocked by the tow hooks. So, it looks like the only way to get the lower grille out is by taking the bumper off. Which isn't difficult if you have the right tools.

So, I went by a body shop this morning and they swapped out the grille for me. There is one last thing I need to get worked out and I will then put together a How-To including part numbers and general cost.

01Time

Reaction score
I started off putting together a How-To in pdf for others in case they wanted to add front parking sensors, but I'm on page 16 and I keep adding more! I don't think people want to read that much stuff on a fairly basic install. But if there's interest, I will finish it up and post it...but in the meantime, here is the scoop:

These are the parts I used:

Mopar Part#QtyDescription
68480723AA
Park Assist Module [Rear & Front]
68375193AB
Instrument Panel Switch [Diesel Brake, Tow/Haul, Rear & Front Sensors]
68384294AA
Lower Grille
68449575AA
Bumper Bracket Kit
6MK25TZZAA
Park Assist Sensor, Inboard
5YV68TZZAA
Park Assist Sensor, Outboard
68449338AA
Fog Lamp Bezel Kit (LED fog lamps)
In some part diagrams it will mention Sensor Decoupler Rings (68271824AA) as a required part – all my sensors came with the decoupler rings, and I did not need to buy them. (They're the small rubber rings that go around the sensor.)

If you have halogen fog lights, the part number for the bezels for parking sensors is 68449343AA. There are no bezels for parking sensors without fog lights.

In addition to the above parts, I needed a front facia harness that has the sensor connectors (68377334AD). But it had to be modified (@Jimmy07) as my truck did not have the necessary wiring. I also added fog lights at the same time and had that built into the harness as well. The wiring harness is two parts that connect behind and below the driver side headlight - one part runs from the bumper into the cab to get wired into the truck, the other is the sensor connectors that runs the length of the front fascia.

The wiring is pretty straight forward, one end of the wiring harness has eight terminals that you put into connector XY402A, which is on the left side of the firewall. It's not too difficult to get to:
1626828495492.png

For reference, below on the right photo, you can see the OBD2 plug and the emergency brake, to the right and left of the connector, respectively. The left photo is a close-up photo of XY402A:
1626828579235.png

The Park Assist Module itself is easy to remove, it's in the driver side kick panel and is secured by one push-pin:
1626828772962.png 1626828804457.png
The switch bank at the bottom of the radio/media stack is secured by a couple of screws and tabs and it's removal is fairly intuitive.

I couldn't get the bumper off, so I had to go by a body shop (cheaper labor rate than a mechanic) to have them remove the bumper. Once the bumper was off, it was easy to swap the fog light bezels, lower grille, and run the front fascia harness. There's not much excess length in the harness, so I'd recommend starting on the passenger side fog light bezel and work to the driver side.

Here are the AlfaOBD settings that I used:

VehConfig 1:
PTS Config ->
FRONT & REAR
Cust.Set.Menu 1:
Park Assist CSM Present ->
FEATURE 1 - 2 OPTION
Cust.Set.Menu 1:
Park Assist Brake CSM Present ->
NO
Cust.Set.Menu 1:
Park Assist Front Volume CSM Present ->
YES
Parktronics:​
Park Assist Tuning Set ->
10 CHANNEL/BUX REAR ONLY/SUMMIT

In the end, I spent about $450 on parts and another $150 in labor. It's the first 'option' I've installed that cost more than it would have getting it as an added option. Well, kinda - I have a Tradesman and front parking sensors aren't an option until you get to a Big Horn. So, in that regard it's kinda like adding passive entry - it's not an available option for my trim level, but to have a truck that has the option would have cost me much more than what it cost to install.

NOTE: Must have existing Rear ParkSense (or adding it also) to add Front ParkSense.

Last edited:

loveracing1988

Reaction score
So did you have to wire anything into the bcm or just add the 8 wires to that connector?

01Time

Reaction score
So did you have to wire anything into the bcm or just add the 8 wires to that connector?
Just the 8 wires into XY402A:
1626844723141.png

Layout

PinCircuitGaugeColorFunction
1N00NANO CONNECT
2F9440.35PK/GNRUN/START RELAY OUTPUT
3D2170.35DG/WHCAN IHS (+)
4D2180.35WHCAN IHS (-)
5F9230.35PK/YERUN RELAY CONTROL
6D7000.50WH/GYPARK ASSIST SIGNAL 7
7D7010.50WH/BUPARK ASSIST SIGNAL 8
8D7020.50WH/YEPARK ASSIST SIGNAL 1
9D7030.50WH/OGPARK ASSIST SIGNAL 9
10F9181.0PK/BNFUSED IGNITION
11A9370.35RDFUSED B(+)
12D7060.50WH/BGPARK ASSIST SIGNAL 3
13D7070.50WH/GNPARK ASSIST SIGNAL 4
14D7080.50WH/BUPARK ASSIST SIGNAL 5
15D7090.50WH/BNPARK ASSIST SIGNAL 6
16D7100.50WHPARK ASSIST SIGNAL 11
17D7120.50WH/DBPARK ASSIST SIGNAL 12
18X7000.50GY/OGREAR PARK ASSIST SENSOR SUPPLY
19X7020.50GY/BUFRONT PARK ASSIST SENSOR SUPPLY
20X7500.50GY/BUREAR PARK ASSIST SENSOR GROUND
21X7510.50GYFRONT PARK ASSIST SENSOR GROUND
22A9422.0RDFUSED B(+)
23A2061.0RDFUSED B(+)
24P8030.35GN/BUINVERTER SWITCH SIGNAL
25N00NANO CONNECT
26N00NANO CONNECT
27F9240.75PK/YERUN RELAY OUTPUT
28N00NANO CONNECT
29F9190.35PK/BGFUSED IGNITION SWITCH OUTPUT
30N00NANO CONNECT
31A9000.35GY/RDFUSED B(+)
32N00NANO CONNECT
33F9420.75PK/VTFUSED IGNITION SWITCH OUTPUT (RUN-START)
34N00NANO CONNECT
35F9490.75PK/GNFUSED IGNITION RUN/START CONTROL OUTPUT
36D2150.35DB/WHCAN IHS (+)
37D2160.35WHCAN IHS (-)
38N00NANO CONNECT
39F9221.0PK/YERUN RELAY OUTPUT
40F9211.0PK/YERUN RELAY OUTPUT
41D7040.50WH/DGPARK ASSIST SIGNAL 10
42D7050.50WH/OGPARK ASSIST SIGNAL 2
43A9020.50RDFUSED B(+)
44N00NANO CONNECT
45N00NANO CONNECT
46A9492.0RDFUSED B(+)
47N00NANO CONNECT
48N00NANO CONNECT
49N00NANO CONNECT
50N00NANO CONNECT
51N00NANO CONNECT
52N00NANO CONNECT
53A9752.0RDFUSED B(+)
54N00NANO CONNECT
55N00NANO CONNECT
56N00NANO CONNECT
57A4015.0RD/GNFUSED B(+)
58N00NANO CONNECT
59N00NANO CONNECT

Marcross1009

Reaction score
I started off putting together a How-To in pdf for others in case they wanted to add front parking sensors, but I'm on page 16 and I keep adding more! I don't think people want to read that much stuff on a fairly basic install. But if there's interest, I will finish it up and post it...but in the meantime, here is the scoop:

These are the parts I used:

Mopar Part#QtyDescription
68480723AA
Park Assist Module [Rear & Front]
68375193AB
Instrument Panel Switch [Diesel Brake, Tow/Haul, Rear & Front Sensors]
68384294AA
Lower Grille
68449575AA
Bumper Bracket Kit
6MK25TZZAA
Park Assist Sensor, Inboard
5YV68TZZAA
Park Assist Sensor, Outboard
68449338AA
Fog Lamp Bezel Kit (LED fog lamps)
In some part diagrams it will mention Sensor Decoupler Rings (68271824AA) as a required part – all my sensors came with the decoupler rings, and I did not need to buy them. (They're the small rubber rings that go around the sensor.)

If you have halogen fog lights, the part number for the bezels for parking sensors is 68449343AA. There are no bezels for parking sensors without fog lights.

In addition to the above parts, I needed a front facia harness that has the sensor connectors (68377334AD). But it had to be modified (@Jimmy07) as my truck did not have the necessary wiring. I also added fog lights at the same time and had that built into the harness as well. The wiring harness is two parts that connect behind and below the driver side headlight - one part runs from the bumper into the cab to get wired into the truck, the other is the sensor connectors that runs the length of the front fascia.

The wiring is pretty straight forward, one end of the wiring harness has eight terminals that you put into connector XY402A, which is on the left side of the firewall. It's not too difficult to get to:
View attachment 19503

For reference, below on the right photo, you can see the OBD2 plug and the emergency brake, to the right and left of the connector, respectively. The left photo is a close-up photo of XY402A:
View attachment 19504

The Park Assist Module itself is easy to remove, it's in the driver side kick panel and is secured by one push-pin:
View attachment 19506 View attachment 19507
The switch bank at the bottom of the radio/media stack is secured by a couple of screws and tabs and it's removal is fairly intuitive.

I couldn't get the bumper off, so I had to go by a body shop (cheaper labor rate than a mechanic) to have them remove the bumper. Once the bumper was off, it was easy to swap the fog light bezels, lower grille, and run the front fascia harness. There's not much excess length in the harness, so I'd recommend starting on the passenger side fog light bezel and work to the driver side.

Here are the AlfaOBD settings that I used:

VehConfig 1:
PTS Config ->
FRONT & REAR
Cust.Set.Menu 1:
Park Assist CSM Present ->
FEATURE 1 - 2 OPTION
Cust.Set.Menu 1:
Park Assist Brake CSM Present ->
NO
Cust.Set.Menu 1:
Park Assist Front Volume CSM Present ->
YES
Parktronics:​
Park Assist Tuning Set ->
10 CHANNEL/BUX REAR ONLY/SUMMIT

In the end, I spent about $450 on parts and another $150 in labor. It's the first 'option' I've installed that cost more than it would have getting it as an added option. Well, kinda - I have a Tradesman and front parking sensors aren't an option until you get to a Big Horn. So, in that regard it's kinda like adding passive entry - it's not an available option for my trim level, but to have a truck that has the option would have cost me much more than what it cost to install.
So your saying it's possible to add passive entry to a tradesman? I searched for passive entry and found people talking about it but not a post on what parts are required and what programming, do you have more insight on this?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
So your saying it's possible to add passive entry to a tradesman? I searched for passive entry and found people talking about it but not a post on what parts are required and what programming, do you have more insight on this?
Posts 9&10 of the linked thread cover the passive entry install on the HD trucks. I can build you the necessary harnesses.

01Time

Reaction score

Posts 9&10 of the linked thread cover the passive entry install on the HD trucks. I can build you the necessary harnesses.

Yes, the post @Jimmy07 linked to is what I used to add it.

I have yet to come across a factory option that can't be added if you are willing and able to add/replace the necessary parts and have AlfaOBD.

01Time

Reaction score
instrument panel switch.JPG

[UPDATED lists to include Auxiliary Switches]

The parts websites are pretty lacking when it comes to info on these switches...so here are the options for the Instrument Panel Switches to add Front ParkSense:

Part NumberSales Codes/Options
68309262ADTow/Haul Mode, [XAG] Front and Rear ParkSense
68476024ABTow/Haul Mode, [XAG] Front and Rear ParkSense, [LHL] Auxiliary Switches
68375193ABTow/Haul Mode, [NEN] Diesel Exhaust Brake, [XAG] Front and Rear ParkSense
68476031ABTow/Haul Mode, [NEN] Diesel Exhaust Brake, [XAG] Front and Rear ParkSense, [LHL] Auxiliary Switches
68375185ABTow/Haul Mode, [SEB] Auto Level Rear Air Suspension, [XAG] Front and Rear ParkSense
68476025ABTow/Haul Mode, [SEB] Auto Level Rear Air Suspension, [XAG] Front and Rear ParkSense, [LHL] Auxiliary Switches
68375194ABTow/Haul Mode, [NEN] Diesel Exhaust Brake, [XAG] Front and Rear ParkSense, [SEB] Auto Level Rear Air Suspension
68476035ABTow/Haul Mode, [NEN] Diesel Exhaust Brake, [XAG] Front and Rear ParkSense, [SEB] Auto Level Rear Air Suspension, [LHL] Auxiliary Switches

And for anyone else curious, here are the other available switches (I think the trim level differences is that the Tradesman switches do not have the chrome colored accents on the button edges) :

Part NumberSales Codes/OptionsHD Series/Trim
68309269ADTow/Haul ModeTradesman
68309261ADTow/Haul ModeBig Horn, Laramie, Limited, Laramie Longhorn, Power Wagon
68476018ABTow/Haul Mode, [LHL] Auxiliary Switches
68375190ABTow/Haul Mode, [NEN] Diesel Exhaust BrakeTradesman
68375188ABTow/Haul Mode, [NEN] Diesel Exhaust BrakeBig Horn, Laramie, Limited, Laramie Longhorn, Power Wagon
68476026ABTow/Haul Mode, [NEN] Diesel Exhaust Brake, [LHL] Auxiliary Switches
68381403ABTow/Haul Mode, [XAA] Rear only ParkSenseTradesman
68375186ABTow/Haul Mode, [XAA] Rear only ParkSenseBig Horn, Laramie, Limited, Laramie Longhorn, Power Wagon
68476044ABTow/Haul Mode, [XAA] Rear only ParkSense, [LHL] Auxiliary Switches
68375184ABTow/Haul Mode, [SEB] Auto Level Rear Air SuspensionTradesman
68375183ABTow/Haul Mode, [SEB] Auto Level Rear Air SuspensionBig Horn, Laramie, Limited, Laramie Longhorn, Power Wagon
68476023ABTow/Haul Mode, [SEB] Auto Level Rear Air Suspension, [LHL] Auxiliary Switches
68381405ABTow/Haul Mode, [NEN] Diesel Exhaust Brake, [XAA] Rear only ParkSenseTradesman
68375195ABTow/Haul Mode, [NEN] Diesel Exhaust Brake, [XAA] Rear only ParkSenseBig Horn, Laramie, Limited, Laramie Longhorn, Power Wagon
68476053ABTow/Haul Mode, [NEN] Diesel Exhaust Brake, [XAA] Rear only ParkSense, [LHL] Auxiliary Switches
68375192ABTow/Haul Mode, [NEN] Diesel Exhaust Brake, [SEB] Auto Level Rear Air SuspensionTradesman
68375191ABTow/Haul Mode, [NEN] Diesel Exhaust Brake, [SEB] Auto Level Rear Air SuspensionBig Horn, Laramie, Limited, Laramie Longhorn, Power Wagon
68476027ABTow/Haul Mode, [NEN] Diesel Exhaust Brake, [SEB] Auto Level Rear Air Suspension, [LHL] Auxiliary Switches
68381404ABTow/Haul Mode, [XAA] Rear only ParkSense, [SEB] Auto Level Rear Air SuspensionTradesman
68375187ABTow/Haul Mode, [XAA] Rear only ParkSense, [SEB] Auto Level Rear Air SuspensionBig Horn, Laramie, Limited, Laramie Longhorn, Power Wagon
68476052ABTow/Haul Mode, [XAA] Rear only ParkSense, [SEB] Auto Level Rear Air Suspension, [LHL] Auxiliary Switches
68385129ABTow/Haul Mode, [SEB] Auto Level Rear Air Suspension, [NEN] Diesel Exhaust Brake, [XAA] Rear only ParkSenseTradesman
68381402ABTow/Haul Mode, [SEB] Auto Level Rear Air Suspension, [NEN] Diesel Exhaust Brake, [XAA] Rear only ParkSenseBig Horn, Laramie, Limited, Laramie Longhorn, Power Wagon
68476054ABTow/Haul Mode, [SEB] Auto Level Rear Air Suspension, [NEN] Diesel Exhaust Brake, [XAA] Rear only ParkSense, [LHL] Auxiliary Switches

Last edited:

davebalaj

Reaction score
Hi, I’m interested in adding the front park sensor option to my 2019 2500HD lonestar/big horn. I already have rear park sense, LED headlights and fog.
To confirm parts needed:
- replace park module to a front and rear unit
- not sure what wiring? (Jimmy07 custom wires? I’ve used his when I added passive entry) or OEM is necessary?
- 4 inboard sensors
- 2 outboard sensors
- lower grille
- lower grille bumper bracket (what’s this for?)
- new instrument panel switch that includes front park switch

Thanks in advance for any help and feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

01Time

Reaction score
Hi, I’m interested in adding the front park sensor option to my 2019 2500HD lonestar/big horn. I already have rear park sense, LED headlights and fog.
To confirm parts needed:
- replace park module to a front and rear unit
- not sure what wiring? (Jimmy07 custom wires? I’ve used his when I added passive entry) or OEM is necessary?
- 4 inboard sensors
- 2 outboard sensors
- lower grille
- lower grille bumper bracket (what’s this for?)
- new instrument panel switch that includes front park switch

Thanks in advance for any help and feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only thing I see missing are new fog lamp bezels.

Your wiring situation will depend on what other sales codes/options your truck has; there are four different Front Fascia Wiring harnesses,. Jimmy07 is definitely the authority on anything wiring/electrical related, so I would get with him to see if a OEM harness would need to be modified to work for your truck.

The Bumper Bracket Kit is poorly named. They are the plastic rings that hold the sensors in the fog lamp bezels and lower grille and are necessary for the sensors to be mounted.

Attached are the parts lists and diagrams for the systems that are involved with this upgrade in a 2019 2500. XAG is the sales code for Front & Rear ParkSense.

Attachments

• 805 - SWITCHES, INSTRUMENT PANEL Switch Bank.pdf
    152.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 210 - BUMPER, FRONT.pdf
    428.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 2610.01 - PARK ASSIST, FRONT.pdf
    183.5 KB · Views: 53

raven_dt

Reaction score
The only thing I see missing are new fog lamp bezels.

Your wiring situation will depend on what other sales codes/options your truck has; there are four different Front Fascia Wiring harnesses,. Jimmy07 is definitely the authority on anything wiring/electrical related, so I would get with him to see if a OEM harness would need to be modified to work for your truck.

The Bumper Bracket Kit is poorly named. They are the plastic rings that hold the sensors in the fog lamp bezels and lower grille and are necessary for the sensors to be mounted.

Attached are the parts lists and diagrams for the systems that are involved with this upgrade in a 2019 2500. XAG is the sales code for Front & Rear ParkSense.
Where can I find the list for the sales and body codes so that I can sort which part is the correct for my configuration?

raven_dt

Reaction score
The sales codes for all Ram trucks for Front and Rear Park Assist is XAG; Rear only is XAA.
Understood, but I also have the aux switches (sales code?)which changes the switch p/n.

01Time

Reaction score
Understood, but I also have the aux switches (sales code?)which changes the switch p/n.
LHL is the sales code for Auxiliary Switches...attached lists the switch banks (#3 in the illustration) for the 2021s. Which one would depend on the other sales codes you'd want for it. I'll update the earlier post that breaks down the switch bank options to include the ones with Auxiliary Switches.

Attachments

• 805.02 - SWITCHES, INSTRUMENT PANEL Instrument Panel.pdf
    57.3 KB · Views: 36

raven_dt

Reaction score
LHL is the sales code for Auxiliary Switches...attached lists the switch banks (#3 in the illustration) for the 2021s. Which one would depend on the other sales codes you'd want for it. I'll update the earlier post that breaks down the switch bank options to include the ones with Auxiliary Switches.
Thanks!

01Time

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread