Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 12.0 Update

24carm

Reaction score
Mine just updated yesterday and finally fixed the heat icon on status screen, now they stay on.

Pejcinoski

Reaction score
Can someone please share the update files to manually update the Uconnect?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pearce

Reaction score
Got S26.17 last night. Said improvements in the update: 1 Wireless apple carplay/andriod auto 2. Maps 3. bluetooth 4. Additional software improvements Note: Connected services and apps may take up to 24 hours to resume normal functionality depending on strength of connection.

Only noticed a slight graphics change so far and no full screen Android auto.

Jklovett71

Reaction score
If you happen to be an Android user let us know if this update now supports full screen Android auto.
It might, but we won't find out until Android Auto releases the "Coolwalk" update, it's in beta now, I could try the beta version, but wireless aa works pretty good for me and I don't want to risk messing it up

Last edited:

kennelpj

Reaction score
I am still on S21C.6-PROD... When I go to the Uconnect website and enter my VIN it says im on the most up to date software. Would greatly appreciate someone sharing the USB load files if they know where to get them.

g00fy

Reaction score
I am still on S21C.6-PROD... When I go to the Uconnect website and enter my VIN it says im on the most up to date software. Would greatly appreciate someone sharing the USB load files if they know where to get them.
The website doesn't work, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't work by design. The 2nd latest firmware which is update 26.15 IIRC is floating around on the forum here somewhere. If I had the link handy I'd post it, but I'm sure somebody will chime in with it.

nomorefords

Reaction score
I don't know if this is related to the update or not, but my truck is on S26.17 and CarPlay currently won't display. I'm not sure exactly when it updated, but this is the first week I've had issues. It will show it as connected on the device manager, and if I touch the blank screen it will do things (I was able to answer a call by just tapping blindly in the middle of the screen), but nothing is displaying. Anyone else have a similar issue?

jebruns

Reaction score
I don't know if this is related to the update or not, but my truck is on S26.17 and CarPlay currently won't display. I'm not sure exactly when it updated, but this is the first week I've had issues. It will show it as connected on the device manager, and if I touch the blank screen it will do things (I was able to answer a call by just tapping blindly in the middle of the screen), but nothing is displaying. Anyone else have a similar issue?
Might want to try a soft reboot. Hold down both knobs until it reboots.

Pearce

Reaction score
Since the update my system has reboot on truck start up 3 - 4 times. I did a soft reboot yesterday afternoon and seems all good. I didn't realize how much I use the backup cams until screen was black and I didn't have them due to the reboot. I still use mirrors but the cams are pretty damn helpful.

kennelpj

Reaction score
Since the update my system has reboot on truck start up 3 - 4 times. I did a soft reboot yesterday afternoon and seems all good. I didn't realize how much I use the backup cams until screen was black and I didn't have them due to the reboot. I still use mirrors but the cams are pretty damn helpful.
I used to think that my mirrors were the primary method for backing up, and the cameras "shouldn't be trusted" but the 360 cam with front and rear park alerts has really changed my view. Its an awesome tool and I use it like 90% of the time now.

jebruns

Reaction score
I used to think that my mirrors were the primary method for backing up, and the cameras "shouldn't be trusted" but the 360 cam with front and rear park alerts has really changed my view. Its an awesome tool and I use it like 90% of the time now.
All the cameras were a big part of the reason I upgraded my 18 Laramie 2500 to a 22 Ltd Longhorn. Wife has all of those in her 21 Pacifica Ltd, and they are handy when moving vehicles around the property while having 5 dogs running around. I have a shortcut to the surround view camera as one of the 2 possible shortcuts on the top of my 12" screen. I use it a lot.

Zeus2018

Reaction score
Has anyone on 26.15 received this OTA?

Last edited:

Zeus2018

Reaction score
Well hopefully 26.15 allows OTA but guessing it may not… boo

Pearce

Reaction score
Well, I would not recommend the update to 26.17 if you have the previous version and it's working. I believe I had 24.18. I experienced zero issues with the 24.xx version. 26.17 still randomly reboots after I start my truck, really annoying when the screen goes black while backing out. Android Auto now has issues connecting to my phone randomly. Never had that before either. I see no reason to do the update otherwise. Nothing has noticeably changed other than those two issues.

@RamCares how do I go back to the previous version or how does this one get fixed. If software is not ready to be released then don't release it.

Last edited:

UNifc6pF

Reaction score
I got 26.17 a last week - CarPlay stability has been better, I haven't driven a ton over the holidays - but it hasn't disconnected. This morning I drove into town and past the radio tower that has always caused it to disconnect. First pass didn't do anything ; on the way back it "glitched" / skipped about 1s of audio at two different times. But not a full disconnected.

There are still other bugs there, like appearing on random screens when starting the truck. But

jebruns

Reaction score
Well, I would not recommend the update to 26.15 if you have the previous version and it's working. I believe I had 24.18. I experienced zero issues with the 24.xx version. 26.15 still randomly reboots after I start my truck, really annoying when the screen goes black while backing out. Android Auto now has issues connecting to my phone randomly. Never had that before either. I see no reason to do the update otherwise. Nothing has noticeably changed other than those two issues.

@RamCares how do I go back to the previous version or how does this one get fixed. If software is not ready to be released then don't release it.
While I agree there was no noticeable improvement on my truck moving to 26.15, it also did not cause any issues for me. Seems to work exactly the same with either version. Hope you can find a way to downgrade it.

I hadn't started my truck for 3 weeks or so, so figured I'd take it to the range yesterday, just to stretch its legs. Was wondering if I'd get the update message, but it didn't come up. I did not go looking for it on the system either.

Users who are viewing this thread