Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U Connect 5 Radio Presets Keep Disappearing

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
This one is odd. Same dealer updated a friend's truck from 141 but said mine had no update for 141. When I mentioned this he said this was directly from Uconnect.

I’m not sure if the issue is with dealers or Uconnect. There was another post where a member states their dealer told them 141 was the current software, but that’s false.

I wonder if the dealers are using the Uconnect website, which doesn’t work on Uconnect 5 trucks.

Deltron

Reaction score
I’m not sure if the issue is with dealers or Uconnect. There was another post where a member states their dealer told them 141 was the current software, but that’s false.

I wonder if the dealers are using the Uconnect website, which doesn’t work on Uconnect 5 trucks.
It must be Uconnect. He was confused too and called them directly. They said mine was current. Interestingly I've never had a them reset or presets disappear. Maybe I'm better off not letting anyone touch it.

ShowKiller1

Reaction score
Im at the dealer now. They said different build dates have different software versions. They are checking with Uconnect to see which version im supposed to be on.

mountainears

Reaction score
The latest version is the current version for all regardless of build date. Model year is the only real factor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diputs

Reaction score
Well presets cleared again. It seems to happen more frequently if I don't drive the truck for a few days.

ShowKiller1

Reaction score
Dealer called yesterday to inform me that my new radio is in. Getting it installed on the 13th.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
The presets have not dropped once on .160, so it seems like they finally figured that aspect out.

henrys

Reaction score
Updates must be performed by a dealer? No way for the user to do it?

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Updates must be performed by a dealer? No way for the user to do it?

They should do it OTA (over the air), but mine wouldn’t update from .141 too .145 by itself. I’ve seen it so two other updates thou.

henrys

Reaction score
Yep mines stuck on 141 and my dealer really sucks so I was hoping there was another way.

P.A.

Reaction score
We also have this problem and have had since we got it April of '22. Been waiting on a recall notice but nothing yet. I had called about 6 months ago and they said wait for recall notice. It is very frustrating.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
We also have this problem and have had since we got it April of '22. Been waiting on a recall notice but nothing yet. I had called about 6 months ago and they said wait for recall notice. It is very frustrating.

Call them back, it’s extremely unlikely for a recall on a radio software update. Make an appointment to get the software updated.

Riddick

Reaction score

Make an appointment to have your radio looked at. There are 2 of us in here who had to have ours replaced for this exact reason.

ShowKiller1

Reaction score
Make an appointment to have your radio looked at. There are 2 of us in here who had to have ours replaced for this exact reason.

Did replacing the radio solve the problem for you? I am getting my radio replaced next week.

Jimmy Dean

Reaction score
The radios in these trucks seem to be awful all around.

I have the UnConnect 3 with the 5” screen (aka cheapie) and even it is completely unresponsive for about 15 seconds when I get in the truck. So if I had Bluetooth connected when I got out, the volume will be cranked super loud since there’s a huge difference between device volume and radio volume and I just have to tolerate whatever it is blasting me until it decides to either turn off or lower the volume as I’m panic smashing all the buttons.

ShowKiller1

Reaction score
Yes, my presets were randomly resetting and my theme was also resetting to theme 1. New radio solved both my issues

Exactly the same thing mine is doing. Mine will also switch back to day mode instead of night mode

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Exactly the same thing mine is doing. Mine will also switch back to day mode instead of night mode

Mine never changed the theme (that I recall), but it did randomly go back to day mode a few times on .141. That hasn’t happened since .145 or .160 were installed.

ShowKiller1

Reaction score
Well, new radio is in and it seems to work. However, there is a bubble on the screen so they have to order another one to replace this one.

Users who are viewing this thread