Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U Connect 5 Radio Presets Keep Disappearing

Tledwards

Reaction score
My 2022 Ram 8.4 Radio (non Nav) Uconnect 5 keeps clearing the presets. My truck has just over 4000 miles and this has happened 4 times now. All the other profile settings stay the same (mirror/seat...) but the 15 radio pre-sets change / reset. Has anyone else had this issue? I haven't reset the radio and will be taking it in for its first oil change soon.

Riddick

Reaction score
You are not alone brother. I'm at 600 miles and it's happened twice. I'm at the point now I don't even reprogram them.

We are at the mercy of a software update to fix this. Hopefully we receive one sooner than later. I spoke to a Ram rep about this after completing a survey and was told it could be as late as March until we see the update. I'm patiently waiting.

Tledwards

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! Didnt think I was the only one here. Regards

RLange

Reaction score
My radio lost the sirius XM button (grayed out) and it wouldn't hold the presets on FM band. I took it to the dealer and they said the radio was bad, they had order a new one. A week later the same radio just started working the XM button was white letters and working, the preset will hold now on the FM band. ????

Thedaran

Reaction score
My radio lost the sirius XM button (grayed out) and it wouldn't hold the presets on FM band. I took it to the dealer and they said the radio was bad, they had order a new one. A week later the same radio just started working the XM button was white letters and working, the preset will hold now on the FM band. ????
I'm beginning to wonder if there isn't some internal software/hardware bug(s). I've had my presets disappear and had my steering wheel audio controls stop working and randomly start working.

RLange

Reaction score
My radio went for a walk on the darkside again I lost sirius XM and still waiting for my new radio to come in @ the dealership.

mrellisk

Reaction score
same! Buttons reset. Steering wheel controls work, don't work, then work again. Cant predict which screen will display when truck starts

JimKIII

Reaction score
Is this garbage software on both NAV and non-NAV UConnect systems?

JimKIII

Reaction score
That'll fry my can if when I pick up my new $58K truck the garbage UConnect software gremlin bites me. With such a crappy roll-out of UConnect 5, riddled to the hilt with obviously known defects (how could Stellantis not know of these flaws!), I think everyone that has filed a complaint with @RamCares, or whomever, should be given some sort of a 'we're-so-sorry-we-hosed-you, here's-a-gift-from-us-for-your-angst-and-troubles' compensation. The problems associated UConnect 5 should have been worked out in pre-beta testing, long before quality control released it for beta much less for production. I 'spose they can blame it on covid, possibly, if their excuse is their entire software-development house quit/was fired due to mandates. Wouldn't be surprised in the least.

Thedaran

Reaction score
I've noticed my radio keeps dropping the Sirius XM presets, but maintains the FM presets just fine.

mrellisk

Reaction score
This error started showing up yesterday. Both yesterday and today it only show on first start of the day. Have an appointment with the dealer for Monday

Attachments

• uconnect.jpg
    uconnect.jpg
    420.8 KB · Views: 30

OLEJOE

Reaction score
Took my 22’ in 3/28 and they still don’t have a fix for it. But “We are working on it”.

AMDPSU

Reaction score
Sirius presets disappeared 4x times in 2000 miles on my 22.

Had zero issues in 3 years with my 19. I guess this is Ram's idea of "progress".....

OLEJOE

Reaction score
Had my 18’ for 2 years and 28k miles with zero electrical issues. I should have kept it.

JimKIII

Reaction score
I wanted nothing to do with SiriusXM. Never started the 3-month freebee.

Sherwin2004

Reaction score
New here so hello to everyone. I have a 2022 Power Wagon and I am experiencing all the same issues. I've researched everything I could, but my radio presets continue to disappear. Recently, I've noticed a slight font change on my speedo as well. And my "skin" profile selection in the cluster has disappeared. This is growing more and more frustrating.

When I picked the truck up in February, I lost my power steering pump too. Only had 50 miles on it. Took four weeks to get a new one.

Send2joey

Reaction score
Had the radio just stop working/responding to input the other day for the first time (@3600 mi) when I got in to drive home after work. Whole radio screen was kind of greyed-out, no voice, screen or steering wheel input effect on radio, and presets gone - all else was good. Next morning radio was good with my presets back and radio working - maybe the full p[ower-cycle did it or maybe something cooled-off overnight.

BigDaddyKong

Reaction score
I am having the same issues with it forgetting FM stations. I have also had it lock up, and the only way to get it to unlock is reboot my phone that's connected to it. It had something to do with using voice to send a FB message reply. It would tell me it was still on a call, and would not do anything. I even shut the truck off, but the radio stayed on, because it thought it was still in a call.

Users who are viewing this thread