Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U Connect 5 Radio Presets Keep Disappearing

Diputs

Reaction score
Just had my preset and theme reset yesterday. It has been happening since May of 22 when I picked up the truck. Version 141.01.12. Called the dealer said there are no updates currently.
This is getting really old.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Just had my preset and theme reset yesterday. It has been happening since May of 22 when I picked up the truck. Version 141.01.12. Called the dealer said there are no updates currently.
This is getting really old.

The dealership is wrong. There have been updates to that software for at least 9 months.

Diputs

Reaction score
Well my uconnect just did an update. However the version info did not change. Screen said updating sos. Not sure if it did anything

ShowKiller1

Reaction score
The new radio they put in my truck was flawless for 5 days then it started deleting the presets and all that same stuff every time i started the truck. I hit the factory reset button and it hasnt happened since then. Lets see how long it lasts.

Last edited:

henrys

Reaction score
The new radio they put in my truck was flawless for 5 days then it started deleting the presets and all that same stuff every time i started the truck. I hit the factory reset button and it hasnt happened since then. Lets see how long it lasts.
What software version?

ShowKiller1

Reaction score
Still 145. They said there wasnt an update for my truck so they replaced the radio. After 5 days it started doing the same stuff. I did a factory reset and it has been fine since then. I am away at work until the 21st. Lets see if they have disappeared once i get home.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder why these dealers are stuck on old software.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
I wonder why these dealers are stuck on old software.
I think a big part of the problem is how Stellantis is handling software distribution. They went to this stupid OTA only model unless there is a TSB, but then also connected services deleted a lot of vehicles because of self inflicted covid supply chain "issues" around semiconductors.

henrys

Reaction score
I would show the dealer the screen shot of this guys unit with the 160 version and then ask them to do whatever it takes to get you that version:

392heminut

Reaction score
I've had my 2022 Ram 3500 since Feb. 2022 and the presets have dropped periodically from the start. I also can't keep a station set on #3 because it always changes it to Hits #1. I have also had issues with loosing the sound, and have to turn the radio off and back on to get the sound back. The truck has been in and out of the shop 5 times now (mostly DPF Regen, issues) and I have complained about the Uconnect issues every time. Every work order (I have my copies of all of them) has the issues on it, but as of now, nothing has been fixed. The last time I had it in the shop they told me that the engineers were working on a fix but it hasn't been figured out yet.

I just skimmed through most of this topic and it seems there still isn't a fix?

ShowKiller1

Reaction score
They installed a new radio in my truck and it worked for 5 days then started doing all the same stuff. I did a factory reset and that worked for about 10 days or so. In the last couple of days it started doing the same stuff again. It will change preset 3 to the hits 1 channel, and it will change 2 other presets to outlaw country and espn sports. Thats if it doesnt delete all the presets. I also have it set on dark mode and it will periodically reset to day mode. Really f-ing annoying.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I've had my 2022 Ram 3500 since Feb. 2022 and the presets have dropped periodically from the start. I also can't keep a station set on #3 because it always changes it to Hits #1. I have also had issues with loosing the sound, and have to turn the radio off and back on to get the sound back. The truck has been in and out of the shop 5 times now (mostly DPF Regen, issues) and I have complained about the Uconnect issues every time. Every work order (I have my copies of all of them) has the issues on it, but as of now, nothing has been fixed. The last time I had it in the shop they told me that the engineers were working on a fix but it hasn't been figured out yet.

I just skimmed through most of this topic and it seems there still isn't a fix?

They installed a new radio in my truck and it worked for 5 days then started doing all the same stuff. I did a factory reset and that worked for about 10 days or so. In the last couple of days it started doing the same stuff again. It will change preset 3 to the hits 1 channel, and it will change 2 other presets to outlaw country and espn sports. Thats if it doesnt delete all the presets. I also have it set on dark mode and it will periodically reset to day mode. Really f-ing annoying.

What software versions do you both have?

ShowKiller1

Reaction score
Im still on 145. They said there isnt an update past that for my radio

Riddick

Reaction score
Sorry to hear there are people experiencing this even after swapping out the radio. My original unit constantly reset presets/theme.............. and I went through all the software updates, mine still reset on the latest version. The dealer swapped out my radio and it came with the latest version on it (at least I think it did..... cant remember) and my radio has been perfect sense. I am scarred for life and every time I see the Hits Radio/ESPN icon appear on my radio I have flashbacks and start stressing. As suggested above find you a different dealer ASAP.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a feeling that some of the radio replacements were unnecessary, and the dealers just didn’t know how to properly check for and update software on these radios.

Users who are viewing this thread