Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U Connect 5 Radio Presets Keep Disappearing

Sherwin2004

Reaction score
Notice how the first pic and the third pic have the same stations appear. They are from about 3 months apart. I've never had my presets or theme stick around for longer than 5-6 weeks. I'm at a loss. Looks like a dealer visit is about to be scheduled.

OLEJOE

Reaction score
I didn’t notice the speedometer changing on mine but the radio looked exactly like yours when it would drop the presets. So far so good since getting the Z47 recall done. It’s been about 4 weeks.
Mine was dropping the presets weekly.

Sherwin2004

Reaction score
I didn’t notice the speedometer changing on mine but the radio looked exactly like yours when it would drop the presets. So far so good since getting the Z47 recall done. It’s been about 4 weeks.
Mine was dropping the presets weekly.

What's that recall all about? I better check my mail or something...

OLEJOE

Reaction score
It says the rear view camera and radio. It says the radio on occasion may not show the image on the radio. Serious stuff since vehicles 10 years ago didn’t have them.

j66chevell

Reaction score
I've stopped setting #3 because it always goes back to Hits 1 even if I don't lose the other presets. My last loss of presets was just half of them, not the usual all.

Going to the site, I get a no updates available.

OLEJOE

Reaction score
This is not technically an update. It’s a safety recall. Z47.

Attachments

• F759881C-CD07-4AEE-A428-5D004F4B3D90.png
    F759881C-CD07-4AEE-A428-5D004F4B3D90.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 28

nyfireman22

Reaction score
Adding myself to the list of this obnoxious issue. '22, 8.4 non-nav. Randomly looses presets, instrument cluster "theme" will reset to default, and radio button labels default to off. Seems to happen almost every time I use the app or remote start from the fob. Has been happening pretty much since day one, December '21 build. Not a big fan of UConnect5!

Riddick

Reaction score
Adding myself to the list of this obnoxious issue. '22, 8.4 non-nav. Randomly looses presets, instrument cluster "theme" will reset to default, and radio button labels default to off. Seems to happen almost every time I use the app or remote start from the fob. Has been happening pretty much since day one, December '21 build. Not a big fan of UConnect5!

I think you are on to something with remote start. During the winter when I used it I definitely experienced it more. Here are some of my observations:

- When my gauge cluster resets to factory default after a couple of key cycles the one I selected returns.
- I prefer the dark background on the radio, when it defaults to the white background I have to go in and select the dark one again
- On one occasion my tire pressure converted from psi to kpa, only happened once but worth noting
- As for presets disappearing........ I gave up on reprogramming them, I don't even listed to the radio anymore because of this. I stick to a few stations on XM in which I memorized the station number or I stream off my phone.

I average about 1-2 resets per month, I can tell when it happens when my XM is back to station 1 or I see the white background.

I am trying to hold off on going to the dealer until a known fix is released. I still have the open recall for the TCS light but would like to get both of these addressed on one visit.

nyfireman22

Reaction score
I think you are on to something with remote start. During the winter when I used it I definitely experienced it more. Here are some of my observations:

- When my gauge cluster resets to factory default after a couple of key cycles the one I selected returns.
- I prefer the dark background on the radio, when it defaults to the white background I have to go in and select the dark one again
- On one occasion my tire pressure converted from psi to kpa, only happened once but worth noting
- As for presets disappearing........ I gave up on reprogramming them, I don't even listed to the radio anymore because of this. I stick to a few stations on XM in which I memorized the station number or I stream off my phone.

I average about 1-2 resets per month, I can tell when it happens when my XM is back to station 1 or I see the white background.

I am trying to hold off on going to the dealer until a known fix is released. I still have the open recall for the TCS light but would like to get both of these addressed on one visit.
I've never tried to see if he cluster reverts to my selected theme, I've always just reset it. Something I'll have to try. I didn't know the radio had an option for a darker background! I thought I had gone though all the options but there are just so damn many now that it's hard to sort through them all to find things.

Ditto on waiting to go to the dealership. I don't have the recall, so there's really no other reason for me to go. Hell, I haven't taken the wife's Durango in for the ridiculous rear spoiler recall, and that's been out for over a year. I'm really hoping for an over the air update for the truck to save me the hassle.

d19r93

Reaction score
On mine, When the presets reset, the theme goes back to default. Sometimes it reverts itself back after one key cycle, sometimes its two or three, but it usually will go back to the theme I select. Sometimes the theme resets to default without the presets being deleted. So odd.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
My 2022 Ram 8.4 Radio (non Nav) Uconnect 5 keeps clearing the presets. My truck has just over 4000 miles and this has happened 4 times now. All the other profile settings stay the same (mirror/seat...) but the 15 radio pre-sets change / reset. Has anyone else had this issue? I haven't reset the radio and will be taking it in for its first oil change soon.
Hello Tledwards,

Thank you for catching our attention. Please send us a PM with your VIN and vehicle software information if you’re still encountering any problems with your vehicle. We would be happy to assist you in the right direction.

William
Ram Cares

spinned

Reaction score
My truck will reset all of my audio volume settings to what must be its default settings every time I turn on the ignition…. Regardless of where I set them. Annoying!

SoldierOfTheLaw

Reaction score
I let the Sirius subscription expire that came with the truck and did not renew it.

Ever since I dropped Satellite radio I have not lost a single FM / AM preset.

When satellite radio was active I would lose all presets … satellite and AM / FM weekly.

nyfireman22

Reaction score
I let the Sirius subscription expire that came with the truck and did not renew it.

Ever since I dropped Satellite radio I have not lost a single FM / AM preset.

When satellite radio was active I would lose all presets … satellite and AM / FM weekly.
Funny thing is, all of my presets are satellite radio except one, and that's the ONLY one that doesn't disappear!

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
You are not alone brother. I'm at 600 miles and it's happened twice. I'm at the point now I don't even reprogram them.

We are at the mercy of a software update to fix this. Hopefully we receive one sooner than later. I spoke to a Ram rep about this after completing a survey and was told it could be as late as March until we see the update. I'm patiently waiting.
Hello Riddick,

Thank you for catching our attention. If you’d like for us to look into your concern further, please send us a PM, we would be happy to assist.

William
Ram Cares

j66chevell

Reaction score
Got a random OTA radio update the other day, so far presets are good, no more Hits 1, about 4 days in

BigDaddyKong

Reaction score
My OTA update came through yesterday. In the what's new section is says it fixes the lost preset problem. I guess time will tell. The only thing it does not mention, does it address the recall issue for the backup camera.

Dirt_Farm

Reaction score
My truck is 1 week old and has 400 miles and the presets keep getting lost. I thought the Dealer said they did a recall update on something for the radio before I picked it up. It clearly has this same issue. Also I do notice the speaker pop noise when the doors open after reading in here.

d19r93

Reaction score
I just got the OTA update Saturday night, and things have been better! Uconnect doesn't seem to fail to start, doesn't seem laggy, and it doesn't reset themes when using remote start now. Fingers crossed, that was my most annoying complaint about this truck.

Deki

Reaction score
My OTA update came through yesterday. In the what's new section is says it fixes the lost preset problem. I guess time will tell. The only thing it does not mention, does it address the recall issue for the backup camera.
So you remember what else it said in the what's new section? There were 4 bullet points, but my screen blacked out as i hit the button to read it.

Users who are viewing this thread