Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U Connect 5 Radio Presets Keep Disappearing

indygibby

Reaction score
I have a 2022 with the 8.4, have lost all my presets 3x's now in less than 2 months. Annoying is an understatement. Just thought I would throw my name in the hat here, and hopefully hear of a fix in the future? I'm hoping it is just a software glitch that an update can fix.

BigDaddyKong

Reaction score
I was at the dealer two weeks ago and complained about it. He looked it up and said there was a service bulletin out about it. They are working on it, but no ETA on a fix.

Sherwin2004

Reaction score
My 2022 Ram 8.4 Radio (non Nav) Uconnect 5 keeps clearing the presets. My truck has just over 4000 miles and this has happened 4 times now. All the other profile settings stay the same (mirror/seat...) but the 15 radio pre-sets change / reset. Has anyone else had this issue? I haven't reset the radio and will be taking it in for its first oil change soon.
Every 2-3 weeks I lose all presets. Everything is properly saved in my profile too.

MegaStro

Reaction score
Have not lost presets but when using Sirius, it does keep going back to channel 0 for some dang reason... Annoying to say the least

SoldierOfTheLaw

Reaction score
Add me too .... 8.4 non nav on my 22.

I only drive my truck on weekends and have lost them EVERY single weekend since I took delivery in January. Every weekend. It's ridiculous and I'm transitioning from irritation to anger.

@RamCares ... what gives??

JimKIII

Reaction score
Add me too .... 8.4 non nav on my 22.

I only drive my truck on weekends and have lost them EVERY single weekend since I took delivery in January. Every weekend. It's ridiculous and I'm transitioning from irritation to anger.

@RamCares ... what gives??
That's why I ordered as little tech as I could on my 22 RAM including the 8.4 non-NAV. With all the software bugs on the non-NAV units, I can't imagine how PO'd I'd be if I was dealing with the NAV version. I would have preferred not having ANY UConnect garbage on my truck, but that's an impossibility these days. As was mentioned in another thread weeks ago, thank God, the coders writing the UConnect software are kept far away from those writing the software for the engine/tranny stuff.

V5764

Reaction score
I’m having the same problem ordered and received min in April. Less than 900 miles and I have lost my settings three times. No reason. Never happened on my 2019. So much for the new radio software.

SoldierOfTheLaw

Reaction score
This last time it cleared out all of my AM / FM and changed some of my Sirius to stations to stuff I have never programmed.

H E L L O. @RamCares .... or should I say @ramdoesntcare.

Hunter11

Reaction score
Add me to this list. Mine started losing FM presets a couple months ago and has done it three times now.

OLEJOE

Reaction score
Mine is losing the presets about every 2 weeks. So far the clock is keeping time but the ANR is really obnoxious but they say that’s how they are.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Sorry to hear you're experiencing this! Feel free to send us a PM with your VIN and a photo of your current UConnect system info, we'd be happy to look into these concerns further. To locate your system info, put your vehicle into the ON or ACC position and perform the following--

Go to “Vehicle Settings” then select “ System Information” and look for “Version Information”

Sarah
Ram Cares

IDK_Ram

Reaction score
My 1-month old 2500 ALSO FORGETS THE PRESETS... if I make it one day, I'm hopeful but the next... nothing.
I've gone and saved the profiles 1 & 2 with different channels and paired them to the key fobs and a day later drops all the presets.

I won't renew Sirius because it is spotty coverage. Nothing is worse than listening to the comedy channel and losing reception right at the punchline.

IDK_Ram

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Sorry to hear you're experiencing this! Feel free to send us a PM with your VIN and a photo of your current UConnect system info, we'd be happy to look into these concerns further. To locate your system info, put your vehicle into the ON or ACC position and perform the following--

Go to “Vehicle Settings” then select “ System Information” and look for “Version Information”

Sarah
Ram Cares
My truck was built on 3/31
For everyone else, here is what my unit shows.

version info.jpg

JimKIII

Reaction score
My truck was built on 3/31
For everyone else, here is what my unit shows.

View attachment 39348
Those are the exact same version numbers as my 2500 8.4 UConnect/non-NAV truck.

Two things that make me cringe about the versions:
1. I'm very suspicious when supposedly production code would have the word (prerelease) in the name. WTH!!!
2. The Android Security Patch Level is over two years old! That's a lifetime in the world of software development - especially when dealing with security.

I can't imagine that after two years no new security exploits and hacks have been engineered that would necessitate more recent security patches. Did the entire Android Security software team get fired back in April of 2020 for refusing the china virus vax?

monsuoon

Reaction score
Add me to the list .... 2022 8.4 non nav 2300 miles and lost count of the times my presets have reset

OLEJOE

Reaction score
I have an appointment tomorrow for this, the loud popping in the speakers when the door is opened and the Z47 rear view camera recall. Wish me luck.

mkmsr

Reaction score
I have an appointment tomorrow for this, the loud popping in the speakers when the door is opened and the Z47 rear view camera recall. Wish me luck.
Please update us on the outcome of each issue. I have the speaker popping sound when opening the doors and the presets disappearing issues.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

OLEJOE

Reaction score
I got the update for the rear camera done. Z47. The tech told me it was also a radio update. The popping in the speakers when I open the doors is gone but I’ll have to wait and see on the presets. Hope something else doesn’t pop up.

Users who are viewing this thread