Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Too much oil and poor dealer help

CaptainMike

Reaction score
Perhaps the dealership can adjust the Fortner valve to quiet things down a bit. Maybe replace the cabrone assembly and rotate the muffler bearings. And when you run out of money, they'll run out of ideas.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Perhaps the dealership can adjust the Fortner valve to quiet things down a bit. Maybe replace the cabrone assembly and rotate the muffler bearings. And when you run out of money, they'll run out of ideas.

It's the Turbo Encabulator. Guaranteed.

@Dinky503 Glad you have a sense of humor about this, it sucks, but watcha gonna do except roll with it?

Maybe if Ram has to start replacing engines, they'll step up and do something about it fleetwide. (not holding my breath on this one)

I feel like this is the final black eye and has real potential to affect resale values on these trucks. FWIW, my 2020 is quiet as a mouse. In fact it still sounds like one when it squeaks since I haven't gotten the harmonic balancer replaced yet.

Dinky503

Reaction score
It's the Turbo Encabulator. Guaranteed.

@Dinky503 Glad you have a sense of humor about this, it sucks, but watcha gonna do except roll with it?

Maybe if Ram has to start replacing engines, they'll step up and do something about it fleetwide. (not holding my breath on this one)

I feel like this is the final black eye and has real potential to affect resale values on these trucks. FWIW, my 2020 is quiet as a mouse. In fact it still sounds like one when it squeaks since I haven't gotten the harmonic balancer replaced yet.

After dealing with material shortages and worker shortages, you kinda learn there is a lot out of your control. you can either lose sleep over it or at least find some humor in it all lol. Ram is going to have to figure it out and i am willing to ride it out for the greater good. There is issues and they currently are ignoring it, i will make a video tomorrow of the clanking sound on cold start up.

Jnrcarson

Reaction score
After dealing with material shortages and worker shortages, you kinda learn there is a lot out of your control. you can either lose sleep over it or at least find some humor in it all lol. Ram is going to have to figure it out and i am willing to ride it out for the greater good. There is issues and they currently are ignoring it, i will make a video tomorrow of the clanking sound on cold start up.
A friend once told me, two things never to worry about, things you can control and things you can’t control. Kinda hard for us OCD control freaks though :)

CaptainMike

Reaction score
I recently had a discussion about my truck woes with a certain professional. She said most of the people she deals with in similar circumstances are besides themselves with grief and/or anger, and was surprised by how well I was dealing with my truck problems. I replied that after 30 years as a professional fireman I know the difference between a tragedy and an inconvenience.

Dinky503

Reaction score
I recently had a discussion about my truck woes with a certain professional. She said most of the people she deals with in similar circumstances are besides themselves with grief and/or anger, and was surprised by how well I was dealing with my truck problems. I replied that after 30 years as a professional fireman I know the difference between a tragedy and an inconvenience.

I have been both, the times I am rude are when they give me ********eto fixes like batteries. When they keep calling you to spend more money out of pocket and not looking at the real Item.

Enve46

Reaction score
Its always best to find humor but the problem gets worse when the dealer ADDS frustration to the problem. I think most of us are old enough to know **** will break and **** happens. Its really more important how the response is to the problem. I try to give benefit of the doubt and keep in mind the rather small inconvenience most life problems really are, it just gets harder dealing with the people who are often the ones needed to fix it.

Dinky503

Reaction score
Second regen since I left the dealer 163mile. There is definitely fuel in the system it stinks like no tomorrow smoke is definitely getting in the cab.

20240202_135515.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread