Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonneau Covers

Cummins3

Reaction score
Powell so looking at your back flip looks like a 4 section flip and the undercover is a 3 section flip.. that could be why the Bak flip doesn't cover the rear tail light. Undercover maybe coming out with a 4 section flip that won't block the camera and brake light and I like the fact that it doesn't hit the paint of the truck only the glass. I didn't know that that was main reason why I didn't like the Bak flip.. Might have to change my mind

The Bak flip not having the linex coating you think it'll scratch easily? My brother has a older model and it scratches easily

docpowell

Reaction score
Powell so looking at your back flip looks like a 4 section flip and the undercover is a 3 section flip.. that could be why the Bak flip doesn't cover the rear tail light. Undercover maybe coming out with a 4 section flip that won't block the camera and brake light and I like the fact that it doesn't hit the paint of the truck only the glass. I didn't know that that was main reason why I didn't like the Bak flip.. Might have to change my mind

The Bak flip not having the linex coating you think it'll scratch easily? My brother has a older model and it scratches easily
The megacab has the 6.5' bed, so yes, it has a 4 panel vs a 3. The cover itself is "scratch and dent resistant" like all other covers. If I were going to be loading or hauling things on the cover, I would have gone with the Undercover Armor Flex, but I have an RV and I want to see my bed and hitch when traveling or hooking up. I could always take it off, but being able to cover it all up after we unhook is a need of mine. I didn't want the cover touching the cab at first, cab or windows, but overall being able to have the cameras still functional won out for me.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Just got my mx4 installed the other day and I love it so far. I little minor wear during shipment and I told bak I don't want to return it for another, and can they just send me a paint stick and they were very accommodating.
20200514_165908.jpg20200514_165629.jpg20200514_170554.jpg

Cummins3

Reaction score
Gonna order my mx4 soon cheapest I found shipped was 785. Pm of you know where I can get it cheaper.. or on if u wanna know from where.

Reason for mx4 over undercover ... Found out mx4 hits glass of truck not the actual paint/body of truck to scratch it and u can utilize the rear camera... The undercover after looking at it many times just looks weird in the open position..

Thank you rich for pics and Powell for utube review

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Gonna order my mx4 soon cheapest I found shipped was 785. Pm of you know where I can get it cheaper.. or on if u wanna know from where.

Reason for mx4 over undercover ... Found out mx4 hits glass of truck not the actual paint/body of truck to scratch it and u can utilize the rear camera... The undercover after looking at it many times just looks weird in the open position..

Which model # of mx4, there all different in price

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score

This is the model # I got. It was originally $1144
BAK BAKFlip MX4 Folding Tonneau Cover
BAKFlip MX4 Folding Tonneau Cover
2020 Ram 3500
(Approx. 8' 2" bed)
Part #: 448204
FEDEX Home Delivery
Est. Shipping Date
04/28/2020 - 04/30/2020
$875.40
Now, bak has sent me a $100 rebate wich takes 6-8 wks to get, not sure if I'll get it or not because i bought it before there timeline, but I'm hoping the way they screwed up my order 3x that they will make it right, so well see if i can get it down to $775.

Cummins3

Reaction score
Sorry bakflip mx4# 448203. It's for 2019 2500 megacab 6'4" bed no ram boxes...I saw the 100 rebate I am not including that in the price but I will be getting line before the deadline

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Sorry bakflip mx4# 448203. It's for 2019 2500 megacab 6'4" bed no ram boxes...I saw the 100 rebate I am not including that in the price but I will be getting line before the deadline
I thought at that price that you might be referring to the 6'4" bed.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all, thought id reach out to see if anyone has had the same issue and what was your fix. As you know, i got the bak flip mx4, it's been great, only 1 problem. Those little plastic clips that hold up the prop rod when not in use, keep busting on me. Bak is more than helpful and sending me a new one, but as I'm waiting for one to arrive the other broke. Its anyone else having this problem and what did you do besides to keep popping disposable plastic clips at it. 20200606_160339.jpg

Cummins3

Reaction score
O geez no it's an updated clip from the old one. The old one was just like a coaxial cable clamp with a rubber coating... Hopefully it's not a defect on all. If it is we r going to have to come up with solution.... I too have a new mx4 love it

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
O geez no it's an updated clip from the old one. The old one was just like a coaxial cable clamp with a rubber coating... Hopefully it's not a defect on all. If it is we r going to have to come up with solution.... I too have a new mx4 love it
An it's not like I'm beating them up and i might use them maybe once a weak. So I'm hoping they send me any upgraded version. Gotta say, I do love there customer service. They are even sending me a touch up paint pen were I had a rub from shipping

geektoad

Reaction score
I've had no issue with mine, and i've used it a fair amount. To get yours out faster they probably had to pull it from the failed QA pile or something. (this is a joke)

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I've had no issue with mine, and i've used it a fair amount. To get yours out faster they probably had to pull it from the failed QA pile or something. (this is a joke)
:D :D:D your probably right, thats what I get for b/+@#=× and getting $350 off msrp.

Silverbeard

Reaction score
Hey y'all, thought id reach out to see if anyone has had the same issue and what was your fix. As you know, i got the bak flip mx4, it's been great, only 1 problem. Those little plastic clips that hold up the prop rod when not in use, keep busting on me. Bak is more than helpful and sending me a new one, but as I'm waiting for one to arrive the other broke. Its anyone else having this problem and what did you do besides to keep popping disposable plastic clips at it. View attachment 5105
I busted one a few weeks ago and I got around to calling BakFlip the end of last week and they sent me two pair of them, which arrived on Tuesday. The new clips certainly are a vast improvement over the old ones.

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
I busted one a few weeks ago and I got around to calling BakFlip the end of last week and they sent me two pair of them, which arrived on Tuesday. The new clips certainly are a vast improvement over the old ones.
Good, mine shipped out to me today, hopefully there the upgrade like you got

geektoad

Reaction score

can you take a picture of what the new ones look like?

Users who are viewing this thread