Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titan Fuel Tank.... For a HEMI!

cdntrucker

Reaction score
Yes, support from underneath the tank but there is no plan at this time for a strap to go over the tank. Due to the design of the tank there seems to be no practical way to use a strap from the top side for securing the front of the tank.

The plan is for the support to hug the tank on its inner side and this should provide lateral support equivalent to a crossmember mounted strap. It will be mounted using an anti-chaffing rubber (photo included of the Titan approach) to provide an even tighter fit than simply metal on plastic. The inner side of the bracket can be up to 9" high to match the front mount crevice of the tank.

Yes, we can confirm that measuring from the center of the rear strap to the center of the front strap is 42" and this lines up well with the intended bracket mount location.

Attachments

• 2022-06-30_00-44.png
    2022-06-30_00-44.png
    665.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 20220701_004954.jpg
    20220701_004954.jpg
    516.7 KB · Views: 33

OLEJOE

Reaction score
On the cclb Hemi trucks, the cross member for the tank support is also for the swing bearing which I don’t know if the short beds have one.

hvydee

Reaction score
Have the guys given up on the 50 gal tank installl? I thought it was going really good and then it just stopped. Its a shame because a lot of Hemi owners could really use this larger fuel tank, my self included. I have a 2022 Ram 3500 longbed that could really use this tank....Here's hoping this thread gets going soon...

TinGoatTravelers

Reaction score
Have the guys given up on the 50 gal tank installl? I thought it was going really good and then it just stopped. Its a shame because a lot of Hemi owners could really use this larger fuel tank, my self included. I have a 2022 Ram 3500 longbed that could really use this tank....Here's hoping this thread gets going soon...
I might have this wrong, but with an 8’ bed, can’t you get the factory 50 gallon tank?

hvydee

Reaction score
I might have this wrong, but with an 8’ bed, can’t you get the factory 50 gallon tank?
It wasn’t offered on the Reg Cab Bighorn as an option. I would have to buy a Crew Cab 8ft bed to get the factory 50 gal tank. I just didn’t want that long of a truck..I have a 4wd model and like to get on some backroads exploring so I didn’t want something that length..

ThatAlbertaGuy

Reaction score
As I read through the posts it looks 100% possible , I think at this point we are waiting for exact fitment issues (no front fuel strap) .

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
As I read through the posts it looks 100% possible , I think at this point we are waiting for exact fitment issues (no front fuel strap) .

Unless there was something more after @Jimmy07 's post, there may be a computer issue with at least the 2019's and it possibly not working...

UNifc6pF

Reaction score
Yes it stalled, but not due to a lack of trying. We are waiting on parts still. I need to call and follow up as they should have been in last week.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Yes in the 19s but the 20s and newer had the harness.

And having a '19 this annoys me to no end... there was a harness and some other stuff that needed to be added and still no confirmation if it would work.

chas0218

Reaction score
And having a '19 this annoys me to no end... there was a harness and some other stuff that needed to be added and still no confirmation if it would work.
I would think that an overlay harness shouldnt be too hard to fab up with some connectors and what not, just an added step and little more time. I would love to see if this fits. I use mu truck mostly for towing and hauling so the added range and less fill ups would outweigh the added cost in my opinion. Heck the carhartt custom fit seat covers cost more than the tank. I'd be very willing to drop the money on the tank and install.

chas0218

Reaction score
If this works, why wouldn't they offer it as an option or only offer the truck with the 48 and 50 gallon option. I can't believe anyone buying an HD would want anything but the bigger tank. Only thing I could think of is the power wagon and ground clearance.

MEGA HO

Reaction score
If this works, why wouldn't they offer it as an option or only offer the truck with the 48 and 50 gallon option. I can't believe anyone buying an HD would want anything but the bigger tank. Only thing I could think of is the power wagon and ground clearance.
Don't forget payload. Payload is calculated with full tank of fuel so larger tank will take away some from payload.

Users who are viewing this thread