Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tint PPF & Ceramic Coating Quote and Poll (Now with 100% more polling)

Full or partial bra?

• Partial

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Full

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • I’m going bare chested

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
Man. I’m sorry I never got back to you. Totally spaced this.

Got the vid. Was down for about 17 days. Been working a ton since.

Did you figure it out what you wanted to do?

My windshield is 80% as are the rear 3 windows (to add heat dispersion to the factory tinting). And front to side windows are 15%.

It’s Xpel Prime XR Plus nano ceramic.

The front side and rear three blend perfectly. They all appear to be the exact same shade now. Front windshield is perfect to me as well. Even though it’s winter here in AZ I can tell a big difference (this is the 1st time I’ve ever tinted the front). To the naked eye I can’t tell there is tint on the front at all, but I can feel it. A lot of the time I don’t even need sunglasses right now, which are almost a must for me year round here.
That’s rough. Sounds like your better now. We’ve dodged it for the most part here. Wifey was down for a week, exactly one year ago. Ping me if you guys need anything.

I talked to the tint guy I used and he said “there is always some degree of darkness”. It’s all good. I like the look of it and it does knock down the heat greatly (prime XR plus as well). Got it on the sunroof and mostly drive around with the shade open now.

Looking to book PPF here, unless your friends and family discount applied to forum members :cool: (bumper and hood I think): https://scottsdalecardetailing.com/

And probably ceramic coat at Bob Moses (they’re booked until May).

pete2833

Reaction score
Year that’s a little steep.

I paid $2100 for PPF. Entire front of the vehicle including lights, door edges, door handles and cups, rocker panels, and rear bumper. I know that’s cheap, but $2000 just for the front seems steep.

Ceramic coating is $900. Again cheap, but $1700 seems on the high side. I haven’t done it yet but I plan on doing it at the end of the summer.

Thanks for the info !

Andrew_Max

Reaction score
The quote for your window tint, paint protection film (PPF), and ceramic coating sounds like a doozy! I can see why you're polling the community – it's a big decision.

Here's my two cents to throw into the mix:

• Protection Package: Having all three – tint, PPF, and ceramic coating – is the ultimate shield for your car. Tinted windows keep things cool inside, PPF guards against scratches and dings, and ceramic coating makes washing a breeze while adding a layer of shine. If you want your car to stay looking showroom fresh for as long as possible, this is the dream team.
  • Budget Breakdown: It's definitely an investment, so understanding the cost breakdown for each service can help you decide. Is the tint the most important feature for you? Maybe PPF to protect your front bumper from rock chips is a priority? Once you know what matters most, you can see if there's wiggle room in the quote or if a phased approach (adding PPF later, for example) might make more sense.
Here's a poll to help you gauge the community's experience:

(Add your preferred polling tool here with options like:

• Go for the full package, it's worth it!
  • I prioritized tint/PPF/ceramic coating (choose one)
  • I went with a different combo, share in the comments!
  • Still undecided, need more info)
By seeing what others have done, you might get a better sense of the value for your situation.

Speaking of getting a good value, a friend of mine actually swears by azautodetailing for these kinds of services. They said the work was top-notch and the price was fair. Might be worth checking them out to see if they can offer a quote too!

Ultimately, the decision is yours. But hopefully, this extra info and the poll results can help you weigh the pros and cons and make the best choice for your car and your budget.

Good luck!

mountainears

Reaction score
I did the full truck, the thick 7mil XPel, ceramic coat and all windows tinted. Was about $10k in California. I’ve had XPel on my Corvette for over 5 years, car still looks new. That’s what sold me.

Users who are viewing this thread