Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tint PPF & Ceramic Coating Quote and Poll (Now with 100% more polling)

Full or partial bra?

• Partial

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Full

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • I’m going bare chested

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
Here in Austin I used the XPEL factory store. I paid $4000 for PPF on full front, front door sills, and rear bumper. It also included their best tint film for all windows except the windshield. I did do the sunroof as well. Their pricing was in line with everyone else and knowing it was a corporate store was good. They also threw in a pile of track wrap so when I picked up the truck and drove it back from Louisiana it stayed clean. It looked bad but worked really well.
Good deal.
I get the rear bumper. Thought about doing that as well.
Why the door sills? Never thought about that.

love2build

Reaction score
I’ve found in the past with other trucks the paint tends to wear off there from getting in and out all the time.

beckty85

Reaction score
Looking at these prices , it would be cheaper for me to drive back to Arizona for a long weekend and get my truck done there.

I’m getting grill, bumper, headlights PPF’d on the 10th. Also doing ceramic sport on the exterior and ceramic pro on everything inside. 1680. Not doing tint yet, but will do the clear heat stuff. I can’t stand tinted windows when I’m driving at night.

The ceramic sport is just a 12 month. I’ll get the 10 year one next year if I’m happy with the product and the work from the company that’s doing mine.

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
What’s the verdict? Make a decision?

I reached out to 48 detailing to have a consultation. Might do the paint correction, “track pack” PPF (bumper, skirts, maybe door sills?), and 1-3 year ceramic coating (to steal beckty’s advice above).

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
Dropped it at One Armor today when I got back from my trip.

They’re doing:

Full frontal PPF (all painted surfaces)
Headlights PPF
Rocker panel PPF
Rear bumper PPF
Door edge guard and door handle cups PPF

Front windshield clear film
Front windows 20%
Rear 3 windows clear film

$2800 total (w/ BIG discount)

Gonna do the ceramic, just not right now. Spent way to much money the past couple months. Need to reign it in. Still got an Airstream coming in a couple months.

Should be done late Wednesday early Thursday. I’ll post some pictures after I pick it up.

beckty85

Reaction score
What’s the verdict? Make a decision?

I reached out to 48 detailing to have a consultation. Might do the paint correction, “track pack” PPF (bumper, skirts, maybe door sills?), and 1-3 year ceramic coating (to steal beckty’s advice above).

The place I am using offered the paint correction on the house after they inspected my truck. Said it would need minimal. Maybe yours will do the same. I managed to avoid any rock chips on the way home and only one small door ding.

RaleighFred

Reaction score
How well does the ceramic actually prevent rock chips? Does your state allow tint on the front doors?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GetLostRob

Reaction score
How well does the ceramic actually prevent rock chips? Does your state allow tint on the front doors?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ceramic doesn't prevent rock chips at all. Thats not what the intention of a coating is. Its extremely hydrophobic, which allows less dirt to stick and allows it to be cleaned much easier. it also enhances the appearence since it is technically a "glass" layer. this allows it to be much glossier. Now even though i doesn't stop rock chips, i do think it helps with swirls since it is technically harder than the clear coat, especially if you go with a 9H coating.

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
Picked it up Thursday.

I’d post some pics but I don’t think you’d be able to see anything in the pics.

It’s looks amazing in person. You can hardly tell it’s there. They did an incredible job.

I’m glad I went with the full frontal bra. It blends in seamlessly.

Tint is top notch as well. We’ll see this summer when it’s 100° plus here in Phoenix how big a difference it makes. First time I’ve had a front window with film on it. Curious how much difference it will make.

Ended up being $2600+tax. I’m 100% satisfied. Glad I did it. Probably going to do my wife’s palisade next.

Didn’t go the ceramic coating this time. I’m going to do it but will probably wait till it’s time for the 6th month detail.

sstoner911

Reaction score
Talked to someone today who suggested that even though the rear widows were tinted at the factory, they said it was probably just dye, and it's a good idea to tint the rears with the clear heat resistant stuff. Seems logical. I have no idea how they tint the rears at the factory.
I had mine tinted at Dwight's here in Tucson. I only went one step up from the base tint with a lifetime warranty plus the strip at the top of the windshield. $224

Attachments

• 20211231_143525.jpg
    20211231_143525.jpg
    325.6 KB · Views: 41

Scvette

Reaction score
I have an appointment for my dually on Wednesday, that’s if my truck shows up Monday or Tuesday. Getting a partial front, a-pillars, mirriors, rear fenders and a partial roof. $900
Forgot to add for that price I’ll get the front 2 windows tinted to match the others.

Last edited:

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
I did end up doing the back 3 and the from windshield with basically clear film. It has a slight tint to it believe, but almost imperceptible. It’s just cuts the heat. I don’t want the back 3 any darker. Just wanted the heat reduction. Did the front 2 to match the rears.

kpecks

Reaction score
Picked it up Thursday.

I’d post some pics but I don’t think you’d be able to see anything in the pics.

It’s looks amazing in person. You can hardly tell it’s there. They did an incredible job.

I’m glad I went with the full frontal bra. It blends in seamlessly.

Tint is top notch as well. We’ll see this summer when it’s 100° plus here in Phoenix how big a difference it makes. First time I’ve had a front window with film on it. Curious how much difference it will make.

Ended up being $2600+tax. I’m 100% satisfied. Glad I did it. Probably going to do my wife’s palisade next.

Didn’t go the ceramic coating this time. I’m going to do it but will probably wait till it’s time for the 6th month detail.

Front windshield tint will make a HUGE difference. Being from Florida i do all my windshields on every vehicle ive ever owned. You will definitely be happy you did it.

Dunn08

Reaction score
Full front PPF + rockers. Full ceramic. 5% tint all the way around.

e135e7bb2d9f3f0d4cb00b3d56322905.jpg

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
I did end up doing the back 3 and the from windshield with basically clear film. It has a slight tint to it believe, but almost imperceptible. It’s just cuts the heat. I don’t want the back 3 any darker. Just wanted the heat reduction. Did the front 2 to match the rears.
Got any pics of the windshield. My guy was supposed to do 70 on the windshield and 55 all around…it’s kind of dark on the windshield so wondering if he did 55 there too.

Going to get on Bob Moses calendar for ceramic coating. They said they are booking May right now. Paint correction and 8yr coating for 1300.

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
Got any pics of the windshield. My guy was supposed to do 70 on the windshield and 55 all around…it’s kind of dark on the windshield so wondering if he did 55 there too.

Going to get on Bob Moses calendar for ceramic coating. They said they are booking May right now. Paint correction and 8yr coating for 1300.

Just getting back home.

I’ll take some pics in the sun tomorrow so you can see what it looks like.

I didn’t perceive any darkening of the windshield.

pete2833

Reaction score
PPF for the full hood, front fenders, mirrors, and front bumper $1999 plus tax
Ceramic Coating $1699 plus tax
I thought prices were high. Pittsburgh Pa area

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score

Man. I’m sorry I never got back to you. Totally spaced this.

Got the vid. Was down for about 17 days. Been working a ton since.

Did you figure it out what you wanted to do?

My windshield is 80% as are the rear 3 windows (to add heat dispersion to the factory tinting). And front to side windows are 15%.

It’s Xpel Prime XR Plus nano ceramic.

The front side and rear three blend perfectly. They all appear to be the exact same shade now. Front windshield is perfect to me as well. Even though it’s winter here in AZ I can tell a big difference (this is the 1st time I’ve ever tinted the front). To the naked eye I can’t tell there is tint on the front at all, but I can feel it. A lot of the time I don’t even need sunglasses right now, which are almost a must for me year round here.

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
PPF for the full hood, front fenders, mirrors, and front bumper $1999 plus tax
Ceramic Coating $1699 plus tax
I thought prices were high. Pittsburgh Pa area

Year that’s a little steep.

I paid $2100 for PPF. Entire front of the vehicle including lights, door edges, door handles and cups, rocker panels, and rear bumper. I know that’s cheap, but $2000 just for the front seems steep.

Ceramic coating is $900. Again cheap, but $1700 seems on the high side. I haven’t done it yet but I plan on doing it at the end of the summer.

Users who are viewing this thread