Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Other Vehicle

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
They look good man
Thanks. Wasn’t sure how I’d like the two tone wheels on the TJ, but the price was hard to beat and figured I’d give it a try.

So far I’m happy. Need to get the new speedo gear installed and try to talk myself out of regearing…. For now.

It’s my DD. Don’t wheel much anymore and if we do hit some fun trails or go Jeep camping we’ll likely take the wife’s JTR.

gimmie11s

Reaction score

Dinky503

Reaction score

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score

Dinky503

Reaction score
It might end up a little taller, but not yet.

Manual. It’s really not as bad as I expected for 3.07’s.

Yeah for a daily you might not need to do gears. My buddy just put 37s on his stock JK, on trails he needs it but not on the roads. He is still able to get great fuel economy. The auto not so much as the shift pattern is chosen for you.

Last edited:

gimmie11s

Reaction score
It might end up a little taller, but not yet. I’m not really a big fan of the over lifted Jeep on 33’s look.

Yeah, Im the same way. Most minimal lift required to eat the tire size.

Especially on a short 2 dr Jeep.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, Im the same way. Most minimal lift required to eat the tire size.

Especially on a short 2 dr Jeep.

It's currently at 1.75" front and .75" rear. With the soft top and the rear seat not being installed the rear sits a little higher. I don't rub anywhere but the control arm at full lock on the right side, so I don't really need any more lift for clearance. I do want to swap ou the BB 1.75" spacers for some OME 2" springs, but that's down the road.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
you already know you start running into issues real quick on TJs with a $5footlong for a driveshaft. Then you have the dilemma of rear axle because of it not being worth gearing the d35. Things add up quick.

Yes, I don't need to open that can of worms for how this thing is used.

Dinky503

Reaction score
you already know you start running into issues real quick on TJs with a $5footlong for a driveshaft. Then you have the dilemma of rear axle because of it not being worth gearing the d35. Things add up quick. Thing would rip with 4.10s though

It's amazing how 1 upgrade makes you empty your checking account on others required for the one you want.

oledirteh

Reaction score
I have a 50's M38 jeep in the back yard im struggling mentally with on what or how to fit a drivetrain in that thing. its so short i almost want to be that guy to throw a 22re with a 3 speed auto on toy's and a samurai divorced tcase but with a wheel base built like a golf cart i just dont know. half tempted to do ford tons, stretch it 2ft graft in a second m38 body portion and then send it.

thats after all my other projects :(

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
5-dollar foot long, lol. that got me.
My YJ was the same way. Even with a wheelbase stretch and the shortest SYE possible my rear shaft is real short and this is way longer than stock by like 8-10”
IMG_1652.jpeg

The stock driveshaft ain’t no longer than a hammer. Only pic I could find of the shorty

IMG_5817.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread