Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Other Vehicle

ppine

Reaction score
A Jeep is too much like a pickup. We have one in the family, my wife's. It is an uncool Patriot, but the running gear is great in the snow. I was out breaking trail today with it after a big snowfall.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
x3's rule. mines beat cause it lives in the rocks and its roof then it does on its wheels lol. i run with a bunch of youtubers and end up just breaking alot lol.

View attachment 69922
I got towed a long way back to camp by a rowdy can-am last year at Windrock after a small electrical meltdown left my rig dead. I was impressed by that thing and the dude was super cool.

IMG_2195.jpeg

Last edited:

oledirteh

Reaction score
I got towed a long way back to camp by a rowdy can-am last year at Windrock after a small electrical meltdown left my rig dead. I was impressed by that thing and the dude was super cool.

View attachment 69926
yea man they are good rigs. he looks like he's got some money tied up in that thing so i assume just by the rad relocate he's prob at the 220-240hp range. I met a dude last year that had a 550hp one that he brought to the event i was working. had just won the sxsblog drag event with it.

i did windrock last year in mine. we ran one trail in the rain in 8 hours lol. one of our guys broke and i had to winch his front end up on the back end of mine and tow truck him out of the system. 4 hours of that was the recovery. we had a roll over as well. the one trail which its on youtube id have to look at our channel to find it the ruts were 4ft deep and i was on my side trying to get through them lol.

ive done stuff with canam crew at hatfield, rolled down a double diamond there. went to royal blue, broke everything there. survived windrock, rolled on a green trail at mines and meadows (Dont ask, involved falling off a bridge) lol.

dannonebr

Reaction score
Saw a similar post on another forum I frequent and figured I'd get one going here. What's your "other" vehicle? Motorcycle, Jeep, ATV, SXS, helicopter, or spaceship?

This is my Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec that I haul from Texas to Colorado every year and to offroad parks and the family ranch as often as possible.

I miss my dirtbikes and motorcycle but "with age, comes cage".
Besides my 2020 Ram 2500 Laramie, my other vehicle is a 2024 Yamaha Wolverine 1000 x2 R-spec and a few quads. I've been riding Yamaha motorcycles, dirtbikes and quads since 1985 and I've had at least 10 of them, still have a YFZ450 and a Raptor. I sold the dirtbike and FZ1 a while ago. Like you, I also like to go to Colorado several times a year to ride the trails and will probably make a few more trips after I retire soon. It's only an 8 hour drive for me.

Last fall I was on the Helena Grizzly trail in northern Colorado and rolled my Raptor after impacting some logs along the trail. That's what I get for day dreaming (again). I did not get hurt as I had my helmet, chest protector and riding boots on, I just rolled with the faily light weight quad. The trail was more or less designed for a 4x4 quad and was a bit much for my Raptor. We trailered to the trail from the North Sand hills where I had my 5th wheel set up at a spot that overlooked North Park and offered great views of two snow capped mountain ranges, along with access to nearby sand dunes and a trail up into the mountain behind us. I pull a seperate trailer behind the 5th wheel and it's easy to park the camper in one spot and trailer the machines to a different trail system.

I was looking at a Grizzly 4x4 quad when I saw the Wolverine and so for a few extra bucks I bought it. I've ridden SxS's a few times and rented many at Moab. What's nice about renting a SxS is that a person can try out several brands. At Moab I rented Hondas, RXRs, Can Am, Kawasaki and Yamaha, but I liked the Honda Talon and the Woverine the best. Moab is a great place to ride and plenty challenging, but as far as I'm concerned it's no place for quads, at least at my age. But it's out standing for SxS and young dirtbikers. I'm not ready to give up the quads just yet, but as you sad, with age comes a cage......

oledirteh

Reaction score
Besides my 2020 Ram 2500 Laramie, my other vehicle is a 2024 Yamaha Wolverine 1000 x2 R-spec and a few quads. I've been riding Yamaha motorcycles, dirtbikes and quads since 1985 and I've had at least 10 of them, still have a YFZ450 and a Raptor. I sold the dirtbike and FZ1 a while ago. Like you, I also like to go to Colorado several times a year to ride the trails and will probably make a few more trips after I retire soon. It's only an 8 hour drive for me.

Last fall I was on the Helena Grizzly trail in northern Colorado and rolled my Raptor after impacting some logs along the trail. That's what I get for day dreaming (again). I did not get hurt as I had my helmet, chest protector and riding boots on, I just rolled with the faily light weight quad. The trail was more or less designed for a 4x4 quad and was a bit much for my Raptor. We trailered to the trail from the North Sand hills where I had my 5th wheel set up at a spot that overlooked North Park and offered great views of two snow capped mountain ranges, along with access to nearby sand dunes and a trail up into the mountain behind us. I pull a seperate trailer behind the 5th wheel and it's easy to park the camper in one spot and trailer the machines to a different trail system.

I was looking at a Grizzly 4x4 quad when I saw the Wolverine and so for a few extra bucks I bought it. I've ridden SxS's a few times and rented many at Moab. What's nice about renting a SxS is that a person can try out several brands. At Moab I rented Hondas, RXRs, Can Am, Kawasaki and Yamaha, but I liked the Honda Talon and the Woverine the best. Moab is a great place to ride and plenty challenging, but as far as I'm concerned it's no place for quads, at least at my age. But it's out standing for SxS and young dirtbikers. I'm not ready to give up the quads just yet, but as you sad, with age comes a cage......
i have 3 raptor 700's, 1 grizzly 600, and a outlander 700 sitting in the garage :) the raptors are insane. gf rips them.

being part of some youtube channels and what not, ive seen some and drove some sweet sxs's. i like my turbo rr x3, but i have a soft spot for the kawasaki krx. the polaris turbo s is cool as well.

i really want to try the new segway cause it seems to be a beast.

Users who are viewing this thread