Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrible Towing pics thread

whitexc

Reaction score
It's pewter.....or so it looks to me.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

McHenry2500

Reaction score
Snapped this today near downtown Houston on Interstate 10. The ball is mounted about 3-4 inches from the rear. Sorry for the bad picture. View attachment 14103View attachment 14104
Thats a fairly common thing for welding rigs here in Texas. Seems like it'd put more stress on the rear end and a heavy enough load would be tough to balance.

Saw a guy in San Antonio this past weekend pulling a 5'er in the same configuration, I don't think his front tires were even touching the ground.....

Chrisminx

Reaction score
Thats a fairly common thing for welding rigs here in Texas. Seems like it'd put more stress on the rear end and a heavy enough load would be tough to balance.

Saw a guy in San Antonio this past weekend pulling a 5'er in the same configuration, I don't think his front tires were even touching the ground.....
Ahem.....last I checked Houston was in Texas, LOL.

McHenry2500

Reaction score
Not sure about Austin now.
I'm 45 minutes from Austin. It's very quickly becoming a CA town in the middle of TX.

My comment was more to confirm with Chrisminx this dumb "modification" happens on welding rigs all over TX.

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Don’t worry. I was reading this thread yesterday-morn in the dark without the first pint or caffeine transfused into my bod yet and I read ‘’welding rigs’’. My brain said ‘’wedding rings’’ hens forth my stupid joke about marriage! It happens to the worst of us :p .

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
Don’t worry. I was reading this thread yesterday-morn in the dark without the first pint or caffeine transfused into my bod yet and I read ‘’welding rigs’’. My brain said ‘’wedding rings’’ hens forth my stupid joke about marriage! It happens to the worst of us :p .
I did the same thing! Geez, if I am doing this at my age, what must the prez. be doing?LOL!

Burton12387

Reaction score
97c4059a251b259fd1fb9f22554eb21c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McHenry2500

Reaction score
Saw this while driving to work this morning. I figure it's a little off balance. Front axle was barely touching the ground. towing (2).jpg

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I bet that front axle is hopping like mad too lol

Users who are viewing this thread