Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrible Towing pics thread

Nd79

Reaction score
PXL_20210310_181159897.jpgOk..... So I figured I could fittingly share my shenanigans today here.... Moving my light trailer around my back yard! I might have been over the max tow rating/gcwr, but I couldn't find them listed anywhere from the vehicle manufacturer!

Nd79

Reaction score
If the rear didn't squat, you're good to go! I bet that trailer would have been too much for this: View attachment 13072
Hahaha.... Well to be fair, I counterweighted the rear of the trailer so you could lift the tongue with one finger literally. So I know for a fact I was at least under the "payload rating" of 90lbs lol.

davis2

Reaction score
Hahaha.... Well to be fair, I counterweighted the rear of the trailer so you could lift the tongue with one finger literally. So I know for a fact I was at least under the "payload rating" of 90lbs lol.
LOL

davis2

Reaction score
This would qualify as Swift or Werner trucking... I had to back in many trailers for Werner drivers at a previous job. Oh yeah, I only have a class B (straight truck) but farm boys can do just about anything. We're only limited by the scope of a possible mistake, which doesn't usually concern us.

Chrisminx

Reaction score
Snapped this today near downtown Houston on Interstate 10. The ball is mounted about 3-4 inches from the rear. Sorry for the bad picture. 20210329_164455.jpg20210329_164445.jpg

Bozo

Self-banned
Reaction score
I don’t see a problem with that, would act more like a bumper pull is all. Judging by the welder on the truck, probably a very stout ball mount. I like chains better than straps, but straps are tough too, and they don’t mess up the paint. Looks like load is well balanced as well.

Chrisminx

Reaction score
I should have gotten an up close side pic. It just looked funny to me.

Users who are viewing this thread