Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrible Towing pics thread

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
The irony is that they keep upping the tow ratings by making the trucks lighter. Sure you may have the power to pull 11.5k but controlling and stopping it gets worse with a lighter truck.
Trailers have brakes thats no issue but these campers that are way to heavy for 1/2 tons are being called 1/2 ton towable and people don't have the experience or education to know that even if the trailer is called 1/2 ton towable it may not be especially if you have a loaded option vehicle

And trailer sales places dont care to educate because they would rather sell a more expensive trailer regardless of the customers vehicle

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score

Hooligan

Reaction score
That was common in the ‘90s low rider group to cut the cab and make it convertible . I think they would keep the windshield though. :)

kevin588127

Reaction score
Passed this beast several times yesterday. Sadly, he must have had better fuel range than me as he kept getting around me when I had to stop for fuel. Looks to be about 400k worth of equipment. Didn't get a look at his hitch setup but I bet it was impressive. Not sure how I would feel about using a 70k pickup as a trailer

Attachments

• IMG_20230410_193328372.jpg
    IMG_20230410_193328372.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 81

jsalbre

Reaction score
I didn’t get a pic, because I was towing myself at the time and it was quite windy, but I got passed by someone the other day in an old Cummins towing an old janky 5er with what looked like a 20+ foot enclosed cargo trailer hanging off the back, doing about 75-80 downhill. Man that combo looked sketchy as hell wobbling down the interstate.

I got off at the next exit and took a lunch break because I didn’t want to be the first on scene to the pending disaster.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I didn’t get a pic, because I was towing myself at the time and it was quite windy, but I got passed by someone the other day in an old Cummins towing an old janky 5er with what looked like a 20+ foot enclosed cargo trailer hanging off the back, doing about 75-80 downhill. Man that combo looked sketchy as hell wobbling down the interstate.

I got off at the next exit and took a lunch break because I didn’t want to be the first on scene to the pending disaster.

Was not me.

P.S. call the wife's trailer janky and she's gonna have words.

LOL

Users who are viewing this thread