Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrible Towing pics thread

TexasGuy

Reaction score
I missed a photo opportunity Lexus Rx 350 towing a 33’ RV Nose up. Trailer tongue had about 6” of clearance

CaptainMike

Reaction score
I missed a photo opportunity Lexus Rx 350 towing a 33’ RV Nose up. Trailer tongue had about 6” of clearance
Yeah, I saw something similar last week that I couldn't get a pic of. An older, not-so-gently used Escalade nose up and hitched to a very heavy and long 3 axle trailer with a very nice looking Jet Ranger on it. I'm pretty sure the helicopter on a light trailer wouldn't be too much weight for the tow vehicle, but the trailer was a beast built for hauling heavy equipment that by itself was too much for the tow rig. Definitely a WTF moment, but when you gotta haul a helicopter right now you go with what you got.

CaptainMike

Reaction score
I got the pics of the helicopter tow job from my buddy who owns the tire store where they stopped to get a trailer tire fixed/replaced. It looks like an Agusta, though I'm not certain, but definitely heavier than what I initially thought was a JetRanger. Apparently, this guy buys and sells copters and copter parts and this rig had a blown engine and tranny (something that happened on or near the ground, it would seem). He had already driven it from Riverside, CA and the pic was taken in Mount Shasta, CA, basically the length of the state! The tire guys fixed him up and sent him on his way, next stop Seattle (maybe). The wooden crate on the trailer contained the rotor blades. There's no "N" number on the tail boom so who knows what the real story is.

Towing a Chopper.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread