Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrible Towing pics thread

Redfour5

Reaction score
Those are the ones where my wife goes. Slow down, stay away from them... let's get off so I don't have to watch the wreck... I say,, let's get ahead of them so we don't have to stare at their lifeless bodies when they do crash...and feel bad.... If I do see one in a gas station, I will say something....you know, what is your payload? How much does that trailer weigh? Things like that... Of course, people who pack like that don't have a frigging clue what you are talking about but...I tried...

tchur1

Reaction score
Those are the ones where my wife goes. Slow down, stay away from them... let's get off so I don't have to watch the wreck... I say,, let's get ahead of them so we don't have to stare at their lifeless bodies when they do crash...and feel bad.... If I do see one in a gas station, I will say something....you know, what is your payload? How much does that trailer weigh? Things like that... Of course, people who pack like that don't have a frigging clue what you are talking about but...I tried...
ya I hear you, at least you can clear your conscious by talking to them. Its crazy how many people are just blissfully ignorant when it comes to towing.

unclelala

Reaction score
ya I hear you, at least you can clear your conscious by talking to them. Its crazy how many people are just blissfully ignorant when it comes to towing.
At a Provincial Park in Ontario I saw a feller pulling a 34 foot Grand Design 5th wheel with a Ram 1500 with his front end pointing toward the heavens, I thought I would have a little talk with him and advise him on this. I approach him real friendly like. He did not take it well and I thought I'd be in the hospital that night but he just yelled at me and told me to ^&*(* and $$%%^ and (*&*( so I just turned around and went back to my site.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
This thread is about bad towing ideas. There’s probably another one for tire issues…

LOL, you're so funny. This thread that I started is simply "Terrible Towing Pics."

Thread title says it all.

Post up your best worst towing pics.

TinGoatTravelers

Reaction score
Actually - I see now that the emojis included in my reply (from iPhone) - including the one saying I was including a smiley face - didn’t show up in my replies! No wonder people took me seriously! It’s a shock for me - no one does that in real life! (Smiling…..). Back to the thread while I slither off under a rock somewhere…

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Note to self: some people take things very literally here (including smiley face to indicate there’s no harm intended here…)

Actually - I see now that the emojis included in my reply (from iPhone) - including the one saying I was including a smiley face - didn’t show up in my replies! No wonder people took me seriously! It’s a shock for me - no one does that in real life! (Smiling…..). Back to the thread while I slither off under a rock somewhere…

Well there's your problem. Stop using an iPhone, it's probably what's breaking the forum software.

KQ9xN7H.jpg

kevin588127

Reaction score
At a Provincial Park in Ontario I saw a feller pulling a 34 foot Grand Design 5th wheel with a Ram 1500 with his front end pointing toward the heavens, I thought I would have a little talk with him and advise him on this. I approach him real friendly like. He did not take it well and I thought I'd be in the hospital that night but he just yelled at me and told me to ^&*(* and $$%%^ and (*&*( so I just turned around and went back to my site.
It's crazy how many people have no concept of payload and how it may actually limit their tow capacity. Had a guy asking about tow capacity on his f150. I politely tried to educate him that he would likely run out of payload long before hitting his magical tow capacity number. Had a bunch of guys jump in and call me every name in the book and telling me I'm stupid for even suggesting that he at least take a look at his payload numbers.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
It's crazy how many people have no concept of payload and how it may actually limit their tow capacity. Had a guy asking about tow capacity on his f150. I politely tried to educate him that he would likely run out of payload long before hitting his magical tow capacity number. Had a bunch of guys jump in and call me every name in the book and telling me I'm stupid for even suggesting that he at least take a look at his payload numbers.
That sounds about right the 1/2 tons will outpull the 3500s with the right driver lol

kevin588127

Reaction score
That sounds about right the 1/2 tons will outpull the 3500s with the right driver lol
The irony is that they keep upping the tow ratings by making the trucks lighter. Sure you may have the power to pull 11.5k but controlling and stopping it gets worse with a lighter truck.

Users who are viewing this thread