Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Surround Camera Install on a 2019 2500 Laramie

Caleyvtwin

Reaction score
When it comes time to Calibrate the cameras - that setting is (from the start page in Alfa) in the Radio module, then you select CVPM... (see pic), then switch to the active diagnostic tab, select the options I have in the pic. On your radio, select surround cameras - then start driving at approx 2-8 mph.. then press Start on the test... Your screeen will go green and show a series of arrows, a speedometer, and a steering wheel.. be patient, it takes a minute of driving... Do each camera in sequence. You migh thave to Disconnect/Connect from the CVPM each time.View attachment 68214View attachment 68215

Thank you. I have looked and looked and could not find any information on performing the calibration.

I assume the LED light portion of the CHMSL is plug and play?

NC-Mike

Reaction score
Really great Thread. Thank you all. I have a fairly good idea on how to add the 360 cameras. I have one thing that I am not sure of. I would also like to add the digital reaview mirror. Is there any changes i have to make. The CHMSL. is in both of the installs and I am not quite sure which one to get. The idea being when I tow I want to use the rearview mirror with a camera on the back of my Travel trailer. I have a 2022 Ram 3500. Hopefully I am not way off the mark here.

Thanks Mike.

TCandee

Reaction score
I have switched my truck from UC4 to UC5. Original and new are the 12” screen. Already had all cameras and surround view. I changed the CVPM module to 56029967AF to match the new radio.

I have been trying and trying to calibrate the front, rear, left and right cameras following the steps in this thread. I get a successful calibration on most of the cameras but it doesn’t seem to get saved. Not only do I get a “success” on alpha obd but also get the green check mark on the radio screen at the end of the test. When I move on to the next camera, the last camera tested is not green on the radio. Is there something I am not doing right?

rfullen280

Reaction score
Only do one camera at a time, and then go back through and clear any error codes on the CPM disconnect and reconnect in the software and then calibrate the next camera

TCandee

Reaction score
I cannot get the error codes for the CHMSL camera to clear. I clear the codes. Then rescan and they are still there.

rfullen280

Reaction score
I cannot get the error codes for the CHMSL camera to clear. I clear the codes. Then rescan and they are still there.
You will never get that one to clear but it's the ones for the calibration that have to be cleared

TCandee

Reaction score
Ok. I assume you mean the one that says last calibration failed.

I’ll change the location where I do the calibration and see if that works. And try to get the codes to clear.

Thanks for your help.

jamesL

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am working on doing this conversion on a 2022 Ram 2500. Also using this opportunity to delete chrome. These forums have been a huge help. I think I have all parts figured out except the side mirrors. I need black, power folding, with 360 view cameras, and fits a 2022. Anyone have part numbers for these? Thanks in advance.

gprguy

Reaction score
I have 68361479AC and 68361478AC in my notes for black, 360 surround cameras, power fold, heated, power spotter mirror, spotter lamp mirrors for my 2022. I haven't ordered them yet however.

jamesL

Reaction score
Thanks, gprguy. I found those parts in the forums as well, but allmoparparts.com says the left (68361479AC) won't fit a 2022 2500, though it says the right (68361478AC) will. Could be an error on allmoparparts.com bc they appear to be consecutive part numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread