Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Surround Camera Install on a 2019 2500 Laramie

01Time

Reaction score
Would it be possible to see some pics of the interface on the 8.4 screen?

This wasn't an option on the '22 I ordered, seriously considering, doing this once it gets delivered.

is it similar to this, on a bigger screen?

5E12D6C1-35E8-4BC6-8B24-96DC658D719D.jpeg6A3446F3-EA51-45A5-9A86-838E9BC37FA4.jpeg

Caleyvtwin

Reaction score
This is a great post. I was wondering I’d there is anyone here that makes the harness that powers the CVPM?

Caleyvtwin

Reaction score
I have a question. I understand the difference on the tailgate camera, but what is the difference between the handle on the 360 and the regular backup camera? Does anyone have any pictures of the two handles?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I have a question. I understand the difference on the tailgate camera, but what is the difference between the handle on the 360 and the regular backup camera? Does anyone have any pictures of the two handles?
The camera lens used for surround view is bigger, and the body mounts in the handle differently than the regular rear view camera.

LsDelancy

Reaction score
I am very interested in this! I just picked up a new 2022 Power Wagon and the one option I wish it had that it doesn't is the surround view camera system. I feel it would be very handy offroad. Would this be the same for a 2022? Also, my mirrors look like they either have cameras, or just the spots where cameras could be. Are the cameras there, or did they just use a generic mirror housing (I have the power folding mirrors)? Can you buy just the camera and add them to the mirrors rather that buying entire mirrors? I imagine these prices are a lot higher now...

Jimmy07

Reaction score
I am very interested in this! I just picked up a new 2022 Power Wagon and the one option I wish it had that it doesn't is the surround view camera system. I feel it would be very handy offroad. Would this be the same for a 2022? Also, my mirrors look like they either have cameras, or just the spots where cameras could be. Are the cameras there, or did they just use a generic mirror housing (I have the power folding mirrors)? Can you buy just the camera and add them to the mirrors rather that buying entire mirrors? I imagine these prices are a lot higher now...
The only difference doing it on a 2022 would be the CVPM needs to be part number 56029965AC (that part already includes the bracket and cover too).
You must be looking at something else on your mirrors. The cameras have their own pods molded into the mirror housing so they face the correct direction/angle. It would be extremely difficult to fabricate them into a non camera mirror correctly:
3C215FEB-7C49-45CA-834A-2C3CC4FF375E.jpeg

LsDelancy

Reaction score
Oh... yeah... was looking at something else.IMG-3845.jpg
Do these camera mirrors still have the power fold?
It sounds like the surround camera system doesn't include the cargo camera?
Can that be added as well? Or are they mutually exclusive?
What is this that I was looking at? (see picture)
Sorry for all of the questions, I've only had the truck for 3 days and I'm trying to learn it.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Oh... yeah... was looking at something else.View attachment 51481
Do these camera mirrors still have the power fold?
It sounds like the surround camera system doesn't include the cargo camera?
Can that be added as well? Or are they mutually exclusive?
What is this that I was looking at? (see picture)
Sorry for all of the questions, I've only had the truck for 3 days and I'm trying to learn it.
Thanks!
The surround view mirrors are power folding.
The surround view camera system itself (meaning, the overhead 360 view) doesn’t use the cargo camera, so you don’t have to install that. If currently have a cargo camera though, that particular one can’t be used with the surround view install. You would need the cargo camera specific for the surround view option.

Those are the rear facing trailer spot lamps you are pointing at.

LsDelancy

Reaction score
I would actually like to have the cargo camera as well, I currently do not.

I have yet to see those come on, when are they supposed to light up?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
I would actually like to have the cargo camera as well, I currently do not.

I have yet to see those come on, when are they supposed to light up?
In radio vehicle settings, under lights, you need to make sure rear guidance lights with cargo lights is checked on. Then they will come on when you press the button that turns on the cargo lights on the headlight switch.

LsDelancy

Reaction score
I hate to keep coming into this old and already very helpful and informative thread and asking questions, but this all gets confusing very quickly.
After getting the Mopar hard bed cover installed I see where the digital rear view mirror would be super helpful.
Is it possible to add the surround view, the cargo camera, and the digital rear view camera?
With the cover all of the way up it totally blocks the rear window, but not the brake light.
Thank you!

tdebeer

Reaction score
The only difference doing it on a 2022 would be the CVPM needs to be part number 56029965AC (that part already includes the bracket and cover too).
You must be looking at something else on your mirrors. The cameras have their own pods molded into the mirror housing so they face the correct direction/angle. It would be extremely difficult to fabricate them into a non camera mirror correctly:
Does 56029965AC include 04672644AJ anyway? According to Stellantis IOP system its anyway the same unit, just includes bracket and cover?
I installed on a 2022 Limited and simply cannot get the soft keys to work... Only works when its in Reverse.
1700647556455.png

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Does 56029965AC include 04672644AJ anyway? According to Stellantis IOP system its anyway the same unit, just includes bracket and cover?
I installed on a 2022 Limited and simply cannot get the soft keys to work... Only works when its in Reverse.
View attachment 65627
You specifically need to get 56029965AC. That will include the correct 2022 CVPM, cover, and bracket assembly. Do not order 04672644AJ, the description is incorrect, and you’ll receive a pre-2022 CVPM assembly.

Users who are viewing this thread