Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Site slow?

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
"Admin" here is the site (brand) owner. He's not the one maintaining the back end server so saying admin is a bit misleading. Whomever that is, is obviously challenged by this issue.

I deal with these kind almost every day. People in positions of important technical infrastructure that are clueless when anything goes sideways.
I was teasing that you take a lot of the heat here but I assume you don’t get any pay for it

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I can't imagine a decent net head couldn't solve this, fairly easily. what in the world, this isn't anything difficult. whoever is in the closet needs to be replaced. asap. this is seriously impeding my impulse gratification synapses.

:D

UNifc6pF

Reaction score
Really enjoy this forum - please let them know I’ll take a look for free just to help out the community

unclelala

Reaction score
Amazing after 6 pages of posts from Dec. 2022 to May to almost June 2023 this is still going on...beyond words.

Last edited:

jerryw1000

Reaction score
Keep getting this today periodically in the 2 minutes between page loads.

504 Gateway Time-out​

nginx/1.21.6

It's a shame a really good forum like this has become essentially unuseable.

Will_T

Reaction score
Amazing after 6 pages of posts from Dec. 2022 to May to almost June 2023 this is still going on...beyond words.
Yes it has been going on forever. But doesn't it seem much worse in the past few months? I saw this reply I quoted earlier and could not get the site to load so I could reply until just now.

What I have found that helps is this: I keep another tab open right next to this one with the other, (Cummins), site on it. That way if I am in the mood to read a few Ram or Cummins posts and this site won't work, I can just click over to the other tab and get my fix!

Reaction score
It’s the worst it’s been tonight it appears. Average page load time is about 1-2minutes.

Looks like the site is hosted on tier.net according to a quick lookup. Even their website is slow. Absolutely happy to help with this. Quick and painless to lift and shift with a proper CDN.

MtnRider

Reaction score
Whatever they were doing didn't fix anything (if that was the intent) Still slow as sh!t this morning..... :-(

CdnHO

Reaction score
Crawling as fast as a snail today. Not that my complaining will do anything. I have a fast internet connection and all other sites are fine. I do love this forum but this is really frustrating waiting, waiting, waiting.

Will_T

Reaction score
You would think this would be a priority to fix as you can see from the new posts that it is really impacting the site's traffic. Normally if I don't come here for a day, there are a couple of pages of new posts to check out. Recently there are many fewer. Today when I went ahead and waited several minutes for the new posts page to load, there were 9 new posts rather than the 20 or 30+ normally.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Whatever they were doing didn't fix anything (if that was the intent) Still slow as sh!t this morning..... :-(

Seems the work spilled over into today as well.

Appears the server that hosts all the sites was rebooted, 5thgenrams was offline for a few minutes just recently.

Admin is keenly aware at this time that it's been a problem.

Cseybert

Reaction score
543. My time here in Texas site is running really fast right now. Hopefully it stays that way.

flan

Reaction score
It’s been much better tonight, night time is when it usually lags big time for me. Cruising right along!

Users who are viewing this thread