Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Site slow?

jetrinka

Reaction score
This site is out of 3/36 warranty however the power train warranty is still intact, who’s gonna front the $100.00 deductible?
We could start a go fund me

Reaction score
Why’s it so slow, hosted in someone’s basement? Generally with a half decent host that has a CDN, it’s a non issue.

I also find the ads crazy. Obv easier with a ad blocker. Is there a way to sponsor the site like with the TRX forums.

SpeyRam

Reaction score
yeah pages are on average really slow to load. 10 seconds on average for me for both mobile and PC.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Why’s it so slow, hosted in someone’s basement? Generally with a half decent host that has a CDN, it’s a non issue.

I also find the ads crazy. Obv easier with a ad blocker. Is there a way to sponsor the site like with the TRX forums.
Not yet. Maybe some day.

Patience

SOMETHING BIG IS COMING

:p

But, er, really, it’s in....the..........works

Docwagon1776

Reaction score
It's slower than dial up. Literally. Not sure if the site is hosted on a Ti-83 calculator or if there's an issue in the coding, but the ads are obnoxious and the pages won't load for 10-20 seconds using Chrome.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
It's slower than dial up. Literally. Not sure if the site is hosted on a Ti-83 calculator or if there's an issue in the coding, but the ads are obnoxious and the pages won't load for 10-20 seconds using Chrome.

Yea, we get it. The poking fun is getting a bit old though. It's probably a connections/bandwidth allocation issue as it was fine late last night (early AM).

As to the ads, that's the price of admission for a free site.

And just to clarify, I don't have anything to do with the admin or back end of the site. Best I can do is try to get the attention of the @Admin

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Perhaps its just the mobile site but i don't have any excessive ads like most other forums do there is only 2 per page which is very reasonable

UNifc6pF

Reaction score
I architect IT solutions for a living - I'm offering my help to log in and take take a look / tune settings that should be able help. I'd suggest looking migrate from loading directly from server to something like cloudflare to help also.

I'm sure others have offered, and others in general in IT here - but thought I'd throw it out there.

22BlackBigHorn

Reaction score
I can ping hdrams.com with under 43ms.
Sounds like we got a memory leak or server.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know if it was restarted. but I also cleared my cache and cookies (yea, I know lame recommendation) but it did seemed to improve after.

Docwagon1776

Reaction score
Yea, we get it. The poking fun is getting a bit old though. It's probably a connections/bandwidth allocation issue as it was fine late last night (early AM).

As to the ads, that's the price of admission for a free site.

And just to clarify, I don't have anything to do with the admin or back end of the site. Best I can do is try to get the attention of the @Admin

I don't mind ads and don't use an ad blocker because I get that. However there are ads and there are annoying ads. The big pop ups/scroll downs that cover a large chunk of the screen are likely part of what's slowing the site down for Chrome users. Regular banner ads, etc. are fine. Site seems to run normally when those are the only ads.

It's running ok today, but I think you're probably losing eyeballs when it's running like it was the past few days for many users.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't mind ads and don't use an ad blocker because I get that. However there are ads and there are annoying ads. The big pop ups/scroll downs that cover a large chunk of the screen are likely part of what's slowing the site down for Chrome users. Regular banner ads, etc. are fine. Site seems to run normally when those are the only ads.

It's running ok today, but I think you're probably losing eyeballs when it's running like it was the past few days for many users.

I agree it's probably losing eyeballs. As I'm on here a lot even while I should be working, it's super frustrating.

Again, just a mod here and nothing I can do about any of it except whine to the admin/owner.

Users who are viewing this thread