Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semiconductor Chip Shortage Causes Ram To Repackage Some Options:

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score

Semiconductor Chip Shortage Causes Ram To Repackage Some Options:​

Ram 1500 & Ram Heavy Duty Models Are Affected...​

1612908483619.png

Pronto

Reaction score
Glad I got my truck ahead of this. I like the blind spot monitoring.

Will_T

Reaction score
I wonder about two things not clear from that brief news article.

1: Does impact orders already in or only new orders going forward.
2: Does it only impact the blind spot monitoring or does it also remove the rear cross path detection. I think I have determined that it remove the cross path also.

Last edited:

PRP716

Reaction score
My truck was ordered first week of January. I hope this doesn't affect currently placed orders!

Nd79

Reaction score
I have an order in for a tradesmen and this was one of the few boxes I checked. I liked the idea of the brighter LED tail lights when I'm parked working on the side of the road. Ordered early Jan. so I'm just hoping it won't affect the orders already in also, and hope it doesn't delay my truck.

Bombdigitty

Reaction score
Interesting. I ordered my 2500 Bighorn level 2 on February 3rd.
Being that I ordered a level 2, and not a level B i expect to get them..

I guess we will see what happens. Other wise ill be looking for my $270 USD discount.

Frank

Reaction score
The semiconductor industry just went through a major 18 month shortage in 2017 and 2018 that messed up a lot of industries. I'm surprised they got caught without capacity again so quickly.

ckreef

Reaction score
I ordered my 3500 Laramie lv1 mid January so like others I sure hope I'm not effected. Blind spot monitoring is worth more than $270 to me.

Nd79

Reaction score
I read on the "share your build and orders" thread that ram cares says the trucks already ordered with blind spot monitoring will come with it. Page 106 comment #2,117

5vzfe

Reaction score
Has anybody heard when it will become available? I'm wanting to order one but don't know if I should wait a month or two.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Has anybody heard when it will become available? I'm wanting to order one but don't know if I should wait a month or two.
Lmao perhaps a year or so you may have a chance

5vzfe

Reaction score
Lmao perhaps a year or so you may have a chance
For the chip shortage to end, it's looking like a year but I'm willing to wait and see if ram makes it available as an option. If they don't, I'll be ordering a silverado 2500 in a month or two which does have it.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
For the chip shortage to end, it's looking like a year but I'm willing to wait and see if ram makes it available as an option. If they don't, I'll be ordering a silverado 2500 in a month or two which does have it.
Are you that bad at driving that you need blind spot monitoring? Lol

Xflight29

Reaction score
You would switch brands because they at the time have a shortage on blind spot monitoring ? you have to be a Chevy sales man.

5vzfe

Reaction score
Haha, ill admit that I am a current camaro ss owner but that's nothing to do with this decision. I'll also add that this will be my first time towing a large travel trailer so thats why it's important to me. The cummins equipped ram is my first choice but I'd like to have the bsm. If I wasn't planning on towing a large trailer, I wouldn't care.

Pronto

Reaction score
That's if GM isn't doing the same thing by that time.

Users who are viewing this thread