Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remove / De-badge side "RAM" and or Cummins ?

TexMarQue

Reaction score
Has anyone taken off the Off Road stickers on the side of the bed? I’m curious how much of a beating that will be.

Nightrain

Reaction score
Has anyone taken off the Off Road stickers on the side of the bed? I’m curious how much of a beating that will be.
I took mine off and it was not that bad. Took about 20 minutes, got the truck detailed afterwards and they took all the residue off.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score

I pulled the stickers off my 2019 1500... just use a hair drier to heat up a corner of the sticker to start peeling it up...
Keep applying heat to the area as you pull it up and it comes right off in one piece... zero to minimal residue.

TexMarQue

Reaction score
I pulled the stickers off my 2019 1500... just use a hair drier to heat up a corner of the sticker to start peeling it up...
Keep applying heat to the area as you pull it up and it comes right off in one piece... zero to minimal residue.
Great tip. I will give this a shot after we dry out this weekend. I’ve tried real hard to be ok with stickers on the paint, but I just can’t do it. Thanks!

TexMarQue

Reaction score
The hair dryer trick was great for the Off Road stickers. Took longer to sneak my wife’s hair dryer out the door than to get the stickers off. The Hemi emblems were a mild pain in the butt. Then I got to the RAM letters on the doors. It’s almost like they don’t want those things coming off. I’ll be repping the old American Motors with my AM emblem until the Amazon man arrives with my eraser wheel.

Dakrt23

Reaction score
Completely debadged 3500 it’s always been the preferred look for me

Attachments

• 2979EB7F-617C-4C56-9F7A-24E1975B4F9D.jpeg
    2979EB7F-617C-4C56-9F7A-24E1975B4F9D.jpeg
    545.9 KB · Views: 218
  • 33D5C886-4B1C-435B-B0AC-F722E2EBFD57.jpeg
    33D5C886-4B1C-435B-B0AC-F722E2EBFD57.jpeg
    351.6 KB · Views: 217

Dakrt23

Reaction score
You paid extra for the black emblems and took them off! I support this look. Nice truck.
Yup now to remove the hood ones and metal work the gap in flush and repaint... Or maybe just bolt on an aftermarket hood hah

Ruffone

Reaction score
And you still have that big one sitting dead center in your grill and the ram badge on the back tailgate.

Kimo7

HDRams' Official Greeter
Reaction score
I think the new badging integrated into the hoods is over the top and gaudy. I prefer a clean, understated look. A little of the badging is ok but I agree it’s overdone in 2019/2020 models. The hood is recessed to accommodate the badge and there’s no way to get those giant emblems off without major sheet metal and body work. Nothing I can do but accept it until hopefully the next redesign smooths it out.

Funny story about badging - I worked with a guy years ago who bought an Isuzu Ascender which was manufactured by GM. It was a twin for the Chevy Trailblazer only a little cheaper. Someone noticed one day instead of completely stripping all the badging and starting over he was slowly replacing the Isuzu emblems with Chevy badges. So everyone made fun of him behind his back of course, out of courtesy, that he drove the Chesuzu!!

el_barto

Reaction score
Is the tailgate debossed for ram head emblem? And Is it just adhesive attached or is it held on by studs as well?

I have a power Wagon which has the 300pt font RAM on the gate... considering debadging or maybe rebadging with the ram head emblem.

Nick

Reaction score
I took the cummins turbo off and glued them to to the rear mud flaps . That way they can read what passed them much easier:D

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I plan on debadging mine its to much of a pain in the ass to wash with the badges there but i am keeping the off road sticker as its nice looking
Why dumb?
im asuming the guys wife left him for someone with a debadged truck and he has been crying about it ever since, but he posted that almost 2 years ago so i doubt he will respond

Users who are viewing this thread